The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Cinema screenings - Richard Armitage in The Crucible

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Dec 6 2014, 11:13am

Post #1 of 9 (90 views)
Shortcut
Cinema screenings - Richard Armitage in The Crucible Can't Post

RA CrucibleRichard Armitage was a very busy man this week in London! Not only was he on the red carpet and at press junkets for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies; he also attended a party celebrating the release of the big screen version of the Old Vic's production of The Crucible.

Armitage starred last summer as John Proctor in Arthur Miller's play. The production was filmed, and has been shown at cinemas in the UK and Ireland on Dec 4th - and will screen again on Monday 7th Dec. Future presentations are planned; you can check back for dates at the Crucible on Screen website, here - where you can also access an exclusive interview with Armitage.

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 7 2014, 10:09pm

Post #2 of 9 (51 views)
Shortcut
will this be available to the US as well? [In reply to] Can't Post

It sounds like a very interesting production! Alas, to wish that I was across the pond.....Frown

Kim
Valinor

Dec 7 2014, 10:26pm

Post #3 of 9 (49 views)
Shortcut
Unfortunately, no [In reply to] Can't Post

We will not be able to see it in theaters in the US or Canada, apparently due to rights issues. Mad However, we will be able to buy it when it becomes available via digital download, so at least we'll get to see it on the small screen. No word yet on when that will be available.

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

smtfhw
Lorien

Dec 8 2014, 7:06am

Post #4 of 9 (46 views)
Shortcut
My Take... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's an utterly brilliant production... I saw it in the theatre back in September, and have just seen the film version. Don't miss it.

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 8 2014, 7:11am

Post #5 of 9 (45 views)
Shortcut
I don't want to miss it, but [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't help that I live in the United States with no money to travel anywhere Frown

Something you may or may not realize- many US citizens don't have the money to travel, so we don't even bother with a passport. I don't have one- never have (though we're two hours drive away from Canada, so I've been debating on getting one, but even that's expensive for the average American who cannot dump $150 USD on it).

And aside from Canada, or maybe Mexico (if one wishes to travel into a drug war zone), anywhere a US citizen is likely to go, it's going to be across an ocean, thus earning a very spendy intercontinental plane ticket. It's not just a train ride from one country to another over here- we're the third largest country in the world! In fact, even a plane ticket from my area (six hours' drive to Pacific Ocean) to the Atlantic coast runs about $700 or so. Hardly doable for us Unsure I've never even BEEN east of the Mississippi River (runs from great lakes to the Gulf of Mexico).

So if there is some way for an American who is pretty much homebound to see it, I'd gladly wish to hear how!

smtfhw
Lorien

Dec 8 2014, 7:14am

Post #6 of 9 (41 views)
Shortcut
It is eventually going to be available to download... [In reply to] Can't Post

So maybe that will enable you to see it.

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 8 2014, 7:16am

Post #7 of 9 (39 views)
Shortcut
oh good [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know where the download is going to be available from?

smtfhw
Lorien

Dec 8 2014, 8:45am

Post #8 of 9 (35 views)
Shortcut
Presumably... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.digitaltheatre.com/

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 8 2014, 8:46am

Post #9 of 9 (31 views)
Shortcut
thank you! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.