The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Hobbit will be taking over Hollywood next week

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Dec 6 2014, 5:40am

Post #1 of 8 (273 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit will be taking over Hollywood next week Can't Post

Should you find yourself in Los Angeles next week and the week after, there will be plenty of Hobbity goodness to go around. And if you are not in LA, a few of the events will be covered so that you don't miss any of the fun.

1) First up on Monday, December 8 with Peter Jackson receiving a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. This will begin at 11:30am and run till about 12:15pm. The Walk of Fame website will be live streaming the ceremony, which means everyone can enjoy it even if you can't be here with us. For those who do decide to attend, TORn will be hosting a lunch moot at the Cabo Wabo Cantina inside the Hollywood and Highland complex. The Star Ceremonies are open to the public, but they do not allow chairs or step ladders or anything that would impede walking. The ceremony lasts for about 45 minutes once it is started and they expect everyone to clear out once it is over in order to reopen the sidewalk. Peter's star is slated to be outside the Dolby Theater on Hollywood Blvd, so you can park in the Hollywood and Highland Complex. If you wish to attend you can check out our Facebook Event Page. Andy Serkis will be speaking during the ceremony and numerous other cast are scheduled to appear.

2) The Hollywood premiere for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies will take place inside the Dolby Theater on Tuesday, December 9. The Red Carpet starts at 5pm, so do try and arrive before then. Last year's Hollywood premiere was more of a press event and not very fan friendly, so just go into this with eyes open. Arrive early, bring lots of patience with you, be prepared to stand for a long while, bring water and comfy shoes, and be open to changing locations if security changes protocols 6 times on you. Regardless of what happens on the Red Carpet and with the screening, TORn will again be hosting a little moot in Cabo Wabo Cantina, which will be open until midnight. We do hope that we learn a few helpful hints for the Premiere at the Star Ceremony the day before, so stay tuned to our Facebook Event Page. Numerous cast are slated to attend the premiere.

One helpful suggestion for both events: If you wish to get autographs, make sure to bring with you everything you will need, including a good sharpie pen and the items you want signed. And while large posters or the Chronicles books are lovely items to get signed, you are best bringing something small and easy to carry.

3) Next up on the very busy Hollywood Hobbit tour is Billy Boyd doing a live performance and then CD signing for the new Soundtrack for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on Wednesday, December 10. The event will be at the Barnes and Noble at The Grove, starting at 6pm. This will be a Wristbanded event, and they will begin to hand out those wristbands on Tuesday, December 9 at 9am once the soundtrack officially goes on sale. So, if you will be heading to the Premiere, swing past the Grove, pick up your soundtrack and get a wristband. For more details, please visit our Facebook Event Page for more details.

That's it for next week, but then the film will be released the week after and our line parties kick into full gear.

4) Marathon Monday at the TCL Chinese theater on Monday, December 15 starting at Noon. This will be the first publicly available screening of the final film, and TORn will be there with Trivia, games and prizes for one and all. Please visit the Facebook Event Page.

5) On Tuesday, December 16 at 7pm, the TCL Chinese will hold their first screening of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in IMAX HFR 3D. More fun and games will ensue. For more details, please visit the Facebook Event page.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Dec 6 2014, 5:20pm)

Moahunter
Rohan

Dec 6 2014, 7:49pm

Post #2 of 8 (180 views)
Shortcut
Lots of valuable info. including..... [In reply to] Can't Post

"One helpful suggestion for both events: If you wish to get autographs, make sure to bring with you everything you will need, including a good sharpie pen and the items you want signed."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 7 2014, 1:10pm

Post #3 of 8 (172 views)
Shortcut
Peter's Star near the Dolby Theater? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's an incredible location! Right where the Premier is showing and the Oscars are held... and right across the street from where a Star with MY NAME on it is located in front of the El Capitan Theatre :)

I'm so happy they're giving Peter his Star right now... just before the last of his fantastic run of Middle-earth films. How perfect for all of us... and how perfect that TORn can be there to honour and celebrate. I'm busting with pride and excitement :) To think we're all here during all these years to share in this is tremendous!

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 7 2014, 9:54pm

Post #4 of 8 (157 views)
Shortcut
you have a star on the walk of fame? [In reply to] Can't Post

Pray do tell us about it Laugh

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 7 2014, 9:59pm

Post #5 of 8 (160 views)
Shortcut
lol... I share a name with an old actress, as well. [In reply to] Can't Post

apparently mine was bigger on Broadway than in Hollywood so I doubt she has a star.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 8 2014, 1:06am

Post #6 of 8 (160 views)
Shortcut
When we were at the 2004 Oscars [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's My star eand an excerpt from my report of that weekend ;) The sad thing is that the actress always played a gun moll (gangster's loser girlfriend). *sigh*

Saturday morning I met Scout B for breakfast and we hunted for sibbies who may also be there. We found Meliana visiting from England, and the fun began :) At 9:30, Meliana led the way as we left the hotel (you can barely see the Hollywood sign up in the hills) and decided to walk around town until we were to meet a bunch of sibbies at 11:30 to watch Return of the King at the Arclight Theater on Sunset Boulevard. The Kodak Theatre where the Oscars was held was about 2 very long blocks away from our hotel, so we walked down to where they were setting up the red carpet (Scout B and me across from entrance) and studied the stars' names in the sidewalk. What was fun is that we were standing in front the El Capitan Theatre with HUGE banners for Viggo's Hildago premier displayed (premiering that coming Tuesday) and we were looking right across the street to the main entrance of the Oscars. Then Meliana looked down at one of the Hollywood stars in the sidewalk and pointed to it. I wish I could remember exactly what she said, but ultimately it was "Hey! I know that name." It was mine! My RL name! There was a movie star who was in many gangster flicks in the 40's that has my name. So there we were... in front of Hildago, looking across the street to the Oscars, and there's my name! So I dropped right down onto the sidewalk and lay next to the star while they took pictures for me :)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 8 2014, 1:10am

Post #7 of 8 (147 views)
Shortcut
Oh Mercy! [In reply to] Can't Post

She (and YOU) so deserve to have your spot on that walk! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Cirashala
Valinor

Dec 8 2014, 1:23am

Post #8 of 8 (183 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Never would happen to me (my maiden name is so rare there are less than 100 people in the world who share it), and my married name is only slightly more popular, due to it being more "Americanized" once they immigrated from Quebec, Canada (French Canadian).

What are the odds? Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.