Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Tauriel's Fate and the Trailer (Major Spoilers!!!)

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 11:53am

Post #1 of 16 (1902 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel's Fate and the Trailer (Major Spoilers!!!) Can't Post

First of all - I know some people do not like these kind of discussions and references to people who claim to have seen the movie. So I say right away that I will reference one of them and that the content might be very spoilery. So if you do not like that kind of stuff, better leave the topic.

I looked at the HD screenshots from the trailer again and realized that Tauriel is not holding Kili in her arms in that scene... those are her boots and she is holding her stomach (a wound, probably). The cloth to her left (right in the screenshot) seems to be part of her tunic.

https://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...rv-mov_000131089.jpg

MORE SPOILERS

One of the people who were considered trolls who pretended to be a FanContest Winner said that Tauriel dies by the hands of Bolg before the Battle of the Five Armies after she is banished by Thranduil. This was dismissed by most because of Tauriel holding Kili in her arms in this scene. But looking at it now, I actually do not see Kili.

I am not saying this guy was telling the truth (his information on the epilogue seemed rather unrealistic)... but at least it made me look at these images from the trailer again and made me question whether she actually is holding Kili.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 27 2014, 12:00pm)

King_horse
Bree

Nov 27 2014, 12:23pm

Post #2 of 16 (875 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

That guy is lying. Tauriel will not die before the battle of five armies. She can be seen fighting with Bolg at Ravenhill, where the 'final' battles will take place. My gut feeling says she will not die at all but only get wounded. In one of the newer tv spots Bolg is slowly taking out his maze to finish someone off at the same place where he throw Tauriel agains a wall. This tell me that she will be saved at the last second (by either Legolas or Kili).

(This post was edited by King_horse on Nov 27 2014, 12:24pm)

Arvida
The Shire

Nov 27 2014, 12:27pm

Post #3 of 16 (792 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

she's just holding herself and crying in pain--from losing Kili, not from a wound.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 12:49pm

Post #4 of 16 (783 views)
Shortcut
Is that Ravenhill, though? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or the outskirts of Dale?

Again, I am not saying he is legit, just that his report made me look up that picture.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

King_horse
Bree

Nov 27 2014, 1:37pm

Post #5 of 16 (701 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

The frozen lake thing she's standing on is clearly from Ravenhill. Plus her music theme can clearly be heard on the Ravenhill sample track and they basically already confirmed that Tauriel will feature in BOTFA till the last 15 minutes. And really why would they kill off some heavily promoted warrior elf before the main event even takes place ? The other guy who saw the movie (Frodo) seems much more reliable and he had completely other things to say about Tauriel.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 1:46pm

Post #6 of 16 (670 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I agree about Frodo's breakdown seeming more reliable (unfortunately).

Still, the screenshot gives me hope that she will at least not hold him in her arms... I love Tauriel as a character... but I would hate her to feature too prominently in the death scenes.

King_horse
Bree

Nov 27 2014, 1:50pm

Post #7 of 16 (662 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

the spoilers from the other guy just seemed too good to be true and was basically a fan service.

(This post was edited by King_horse on Nov 27 2014, 1:51pm)

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Nov 27 2014, 2:43pm

Post #8 of 16 (770 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel's Fight with Bolg: My Analysis [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking at all the evidence so far, I don't believe Tauriel will be killed by Bolg before the BOTFA. Here is why:

First we see her attack Bolg; she is not yet wounded:

Later in this scene she is wounded:

And in the final image with her on the ground, with tears in her eyes, those wounds on her left cheek and beside her right eye are there but have stopped bleeding:

I think it possible that this final image from the trailer, of her crying, may have less to do with Kili or the fight with Bolg but instead may be her reaction to Thranduil breaking her bow and stripping her of her rank.

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 27 2014, 2:48pm

Post #9 of 16 (691 views)
Shortcut
The 2 last photos of Tauriel are fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

really,especially the first one!

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 2:50pm

Post #10 of 16 (673 views)
Shortcut
Agreed about Thranduil. [In reply to] Can't Post

I also think that your last picture might occur much earlier in the movie as a reaction to "angry Thranduil".

But you are right that the "screaming" one must be in reaction to something dramatic. Which could only happen during the batttle.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 27 2014, 2:51pm)

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Nov 27 2014, 3:19pm

Post #11 of 16 (640 views)
Shortcut
Final Image: Timeline [In reply to] Can't Post

Note that the image of Tauriel from the trailer (on the ground, crying) has to be post-fight, because the wound on her cheek is still there but healed somewhat. It's very clear in the HD trailer but difficult to see in the reduced images; here's another try where I tweaked the Brightness and Contrast to make the wound more visible:

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 3:20pm

Post #12 of 16 (607 views)
Shortcut
But this wound... [In reply to] Can't Post

... could be from the first skirmish in Dale, right?

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 27 2014, 3:21pm)

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Nov 27 2014, 3:34pm

Post #13 of 16 (588 views)
Shortcut
Possible... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but we have to account for the image of her attacking Bolg, where she is not yet wounded. So: perhaps she (and maybe Legolas) have an early fight with Bolg, and he survives again? He definitely makes it to the final battle, we know that.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 27 2014, 5:11pm

Post #14 of 16 (544 views)
Shortcut
Slightly relevant [In reply to] Can't Post

I noticed something funny in the trailer.

First shot is normal sized hand, second shot is big prosthetic hand.

Kthevs
The Shire

Nov 27 2014, 9:44pm

Post #15 of 16 (390 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

Evangeline Lilly gave interviews while promoting DOS where she talked about how exhausting the battle of the five armies was and how she almost threw up by the end of filming. She specifically calls it the battle of five armies, so her character will survive till the end.

Girdle of Melian
Lorien

Nov 28 2014, 3:46pm

Post #16 of 16 (216 views)
Shortcut
I hope she changes loyalties and go to Lorien instead... [In reply to] Can't Post

Only problem with that is that why no interaction with her and Legolas when they came in there...but that can always be expanded if there were some sort of movie...lol

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.