The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
ON...The Topic of Film Critics?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 27 2014, 7:21am

Post #1 of 4 (501 views)
Shortcut
ON...The Topic of Film Critics? Can't Post

Since we are Finally gunna see the Feature soon, there will BE Much said on this.. subject soon as well...Official Reviews will START, 5 Days from now?..from the London Premier..WOW

Bomby has long history in the Study of Film & quickly need to qualify that. In 1972, this OP had graduated with B.S. in Communications (Radio, TV, Film) FILM emphasis & shot 16 mm Film Daily for 3 different Network Affiliates for 4 years...by 1975,At that point, Bomby was offered a Job at the Most highly ranked Affiliate in my Home State, BUT turned my back on TV/Film work in 1975...Enough about bomby..

THIS next week?..Critic Reviews will come Fast a Furious..Even our Great TORn friend... DCole4 gets to see it SUNDAY? Knowing what a Great Guy he is...he will serve us justice, without "messing with our Head?"

Think about your Friends here & a worldwide audience of TORn Lurkers.. There are many of us, who won't get to Finally see it until much later in December (IT doesn't open in Australia until DECEMBER 26th?)

Now, if you spend Hours & Hours reading RT, & other things on-line & find a Fair & Balanced review & want to Post the link FINE..but maybe?..PLEASE try to NOT include a Quote in your Post.
...Maybe write Something like this Critic has..written much of what? how... you Feel, if you get to see THE Premier Monday?

Then we get to have a... Choice? to go? to your links...
Many here have Already..left TORn.. until they get to see in another to 3 weeks? (Bom won't get to see it until December 19th?)

Just trying figure OUT?... some sort of an "Un-Official Posting guideline"?
Maybe our Wonderful MODs might want to help bomby by ADDing in?.. something like this, too?

Heart Happy American Thanksgiving DAY...!! (Give thanks to JRRT & PJ?)

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 27 2014, 8:40am

Post #2 of 4 (228 views)
Shortcut
I guess... [In reply to] Can't Post

... in the review threads it should be allowed to post and discuss quotes. Those who do not want to read them should stay away from such threads IMHO.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 27 2014, 8:56am

Post #3 of 4 (198 views)
Shortcut
GREAT Idea! The Most important THING..izz to [In reply to] Can't Post

NOT..write how Disapointed YOU ARE
in PLOT points in your Header...
That is JUST
Toxic,
Thinking...

WE may peek at a Review THREAD
but then can quickly collapse
the Entire thing...

Waiting for the film...

BUT writing
"I just SAW it, & IT sucked.."
Serves NO purpose except TO make
Someone..feel
STUPID..Reading your RANT?

"The World is Full of Hate & ...Darkness will always try to find a place (POST)..to take hold.."

PLEASE don't add to the DOOM & Gloom
HERE?

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

zalmoxis
Bree

Nov 27 2014, 5:19pm

Post #4 of 4 (133 views)
Shortcut
Hm... [In reply to] Can't Post

In all fairness you should add:
Likewise, writing "I just saw it and it was awesome" serves no purpose except to make someone feel irritated, reading empty, panegyrical taradiddle.

Crazy

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.