The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
WHO IS EXCITED

Beorn's Bees
Lorien

Nov 25 2014, 6:13pm

Post #1 of 22 (884 views)
Shortcut
WHO IS EXCITED Can't Post

I AM INCREDIBLY EXCITED FOR BOTFA!!!!! IT IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!!!!! WHO IS WITH ME?!?!

So what moments are you the most excited about seeing on the big screen? (You can't answer with "The whole movie"!!!)

For me, well I am incredibly interested in seeing how BOOK SPOILERS BOOK SPOILERS our three dwarven friends die. I hope it is as emotional as the deaths in Lord of the Rings.

I am also excited for the Battle of Dul Guldor.

Also I am looking forward to all the little character moments that are supposedly scattered throughout the battle.

THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyEmmaE
Bree

Nov 25 2014, 6:18pm

Post #2 of 22 (452 views)
Shortcut
I'm overly excited! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm most looking forward to the Dol Guldur scenes, and all the Bard scenes Heart

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Nov 25 2014, 6:19pm

Post #3 of 22 (442 views)
Shortcut
i'm PUMPED !!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

The flames of war are upon you..

Bombadil
Half-elven

Nov 25 2014, 6:20pm

Post #4 of 22 (480 views)
Shortcut
PJ left for London, SUNDAY for the Premier... [In reply to] Can't Post

Much of
WHAT
WE
WANT will be answered SOON!
WOoT,WoOT WoodyWOOOOT

bom
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 25 2014, 6:29pm

Post #5 of 22 (409 views)
Shortcut
Count me in! [In reply to] Can't Post

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 25 2014, 6:30pm

Post #6 of 22 (413 views)
Shortcut
I am pretty much [In reply to] Can't Post

genuinely excited BOFA.All the drama in the official trailer made me realise that this will definitely be a character-driven film.Scenes i am most excited to see:

1)The depiction of the consequences and the drama from the destruction of Laketown
2)White Council vs The Nazgul
3)Thorin's descent into madness and how it affects his fellow Dwarves and Bilbo
4)Thranduil on action
5)The individual Deaths of the Dwarves

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

(This post was edited by NecromancerRising on Nov 25 2014, 6:34pm)

Skaan
Lorien

Nov 25 2014, 6:46pm

Post #7 of 22 (397 views)
Shortcut
The things i look forward to the most [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Smaug attacking Laketown.
I'm sure this scene will meet my expectations in terms of visuals, but i'm really curious to the music that will play during this scene. Will it be epic action music? Or will it be more like drama?

2. Beorn at the BOFA
This was one of the scenes i was looking forward to the most in the entire trilogy. But after hearing the recent spoilers from the guy who apparantly already saw a rough cut of the movie, i'm growing more worried that this scene won't meet my expectations. I was hoping his arrival at the battle would've been equally spectacular as Gandalf's arrival at Helm's Deep, and that he would single-handedly turn the tide of the battle. But it looks like he'll merely be a small part of the battle and not the one who turns the tide. Still hoping for the best, though.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 25 2014, 6:46pm

Post #8 of 22 (375 views)
Shortcut
So ready for it :) [In reply to] Can't Post

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Nov 25 2014, 6:53pm

Post #9 of 22 (375 views)
Shortcut
Now that you mentioned Beorn [In reply to] Can't Post

and keeping in mind the recent spoilers about his appearance,makes me wonder who or what will turn the tide and define the outcome of the battle. A recent thought that crossed my mind(i repeat if all these spoilers are true) is that the remaining Orcs may flee due to their Chief Commander's -Azog and Bolg- deaths.I am not sure how it could work visually and i am not particularly keen of this idea,but still hoping for the best as well.

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 25 2014, 7:03pm

Post #10 of 22 (350 views)
Shortcut
Me... me - I am!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Elarie
Grey Havens

Nov 25 2014, 7:16pm

Post #11 of 22 (347 views)
Shortcut
Who, me? Excited? [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, it's not like I have my marathon ticket already, or that I've already told people that I'm not available on December 15 or anything.... right? Smile

Seriously, can't wait! And really looking forward to Smaug's attack on Laketown and Thorin and Bilbo's story, among many other things.

Farewell hope,
and with hope
farewell fear.

John Milton

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

Nov 25 2014, 7:23pm

Post #12 of 22 (341 views)
Shortcut
I have never been so excited [In reply to] Can't Post

and yet this is going to be a hard film for me. I just moved and for the first time in 12 (ish) years I will not be able to watch this final film with the people I've been with for all those years watching Peter Jackson's Middle-earth saga. I will have to go alone to watch this movie and cry to myself. I just moved from the only home I have ever known so "The Last Goodbye" has had me crying my eyes out for weeks. This movie is going to be so emotional for me on so many levels. I pity the poor fool who has to sit next to me in that theatre.

"The Road goes ever on..."

Writing Bliss

Farficom
Rivendell

Nov 25 2014, 10:17pm

Post #13 of 22 (257 views)
Shortcut
Hold his hand up. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm uber excited to see what they have been working on all this time, and feel like there is a lot that we haven't heard about.... which is the opposite in a lot ways with the last few movies. Not too many leaks for our final Middle-earth movie.

Bishop
Gondor

Nov 25 2014, 11:40pm

Post #14 of 22 (238 views)
Shortcut
I'm excited and nervous in equal measure [In reply to] Can't Post

elvish.mafia
Bree

Nov 26 2014, 7:24am

Post #15 of 22 (208 views)
Shortcut
Please stand by for the obligatory 5 star review from Empire... [In reply to] Can't Post

and more positive critical reception in general. Though I worry about the film's box office takings because of the lack of marketing from a certain evil Hollywood corporation.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 26 2014, 8:43am

Post #16 of 22 (186 views)
Shortcut
Lack of marketing? [In reply to] Can't Post

It started late but what more would you want them to do right now?

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

elvish.mafia
Bree

Nov 26 2014, 9:10am

Post #17 of 22 (181 views)
Shortcut
Yes. Lack of marketing. [In reply to] Can't Post

Those of us on this site know every single detail about the movie. We know what to look out for, what magazines to read and which websites to follow. But the general audience aren't even aware of when its being released or excited about it at all. This trilogy hasn't been pushed into pop culture the way that the LOTR was. You go on buzzfeed and there's nothing hobbit-related, you go on an entertainment website and the biggest story of the day is the new Star Wars title. Believe me, there are ways to use the media to promote a movie and Warner Bros. hasn't nearly done enough.

It's all about perspective. Look at the new Fast & Furious movie. You probably don't even know when its release date is, even though it has its own fan base. Warner Bros hasn't done a good job marketing to the casual movie goer, which is what it needs to do to guarantee good opening numbers and a bigger box office than DOS. Even the new Hunger Games movie under performed, so nothing is a given at this stage.

And if BOTFA under performs on opening weekend, you can bet that critics and the media will somehow link this to the quality of the film, meaning the casual movie goer is put off from seeing it at all.

(This post was edited by elvish.mafia on Nov 26 2014, 9:19am)

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 26 2014, 9:16am

Post #18 of 22 (174 views)
Shortcut
Yes, perspective. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I think you might mistake "lack of marketing" with "lack of hype".

I agree that the marketing for TH trilogy has not been top-notch all the time. But neither has the reaction of the general audience been ecstatic.

The critics have given AUJ mediocre reviews before the general audience reacted to it or the opening weekend didn't reach the heights some had hoped for!

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 26 2014, 9:18am)

elvish.mafia
Bree

Nov 26 2014, 9:20am

Post #19 of 22 (167 views)
Shortcut
Money and marketing creates hype. [In reply to] Can't Post

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 26 2014, 9:25am

Post #20 of 22 (162 views)
Shortcut
That is not a trajectory or no-brainer, though. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not saying that the marketing has been stellar... but one cannot deny that the reception of the movies has just as much to do with the level of excitement among the general audience as with the marketing.

And right now the marketing works fine - massive magazine coverage, the star for PJ, very good TV spots running all the time, a well received trailer. I am not sure what you want at this point.

Buzz - especially on social media and among the general audience - can only so far be influenced by the marketing of the studio. At some point it creates and strengthens itself (or not).

What would now influence box office the most would be stellar (or abysmal) reviews. If many reviews are on the line of "even if you were not crazy about the first two, this is a must-see" than I am sure it will increase, especially in the USA.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Nov 26 2014, 9:28am)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Nov 26 2014, 1:02pm

Post #21 of 22 (138 views)
Shortcut
Yes indeed, for the PremiERE!... // [In reply to] Can't Post

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Glorfindela
Valinor

Nov 26 2014, 3:02pm

Post #22 of 22 (138 views)
Shortcut
Not too excited [In reply to] Can't Post

I was extremely excited for DoS after AUJ, only to have my hopes dashed, so prefer to see the next one with rather less enthusiasm (to avoid disappointment again).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.