The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
BotFA Running Time

caglarkuraner
Bree

Nov 19 2014, 1:07pm

Post #1 of 9 (1425 views)
Shortcut
BotFA Running Time Can't Post

I emailed the company in charge of movie releases. (SF Norge)

And their reply:

"The running time for The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies is: 2hrs and 24min."

Further:

"So keep tuned for more sneak peeks ;-)"

EDIT: They gave we the exact date for the first teaser and the main trailer as well.

Fleuz
Lorien

Nov 19 2014, 1:16pm

Post #2 of 9 (612 views)
Shortcut
With or without credits? [In reply to] Can't Post

If the credits are included the film would only run around 130 minutes.

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 1:19pm

Post #3 of 9 (642 views)
Shortcut
with credits [In reply to] Can't Post

Usually this number is given with credits by the companies/distributors .

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

erdildeniz
Rivendell

Nov 19 2014, 2:06pm

Post #4 of 9 (544 views)
Shortcut
They gawe we ne oglum [In reply to] Can't Post

They gave us olmasın o :D Filmi de izlemişler mi bari :D

Carne
Tol Eressea

Nov 19 2014, 2:40pm

Post #5 of 9 (514 views)
Shortcut
SF Norge/Sweden are legit [In reply to] Can't Post

They gave me the exact date for the previous Hobbit trailers, and considering we get the movie on the 10th it makes sense that they know the running time now (after all it's locked, with VFX etc to be finished).

(This post was edited by Carne on Nov 19 2014, 2:40pm)

tsmith675
Gondor

Nov 19 2014, 10:45pm

Post #6 of 9 (317 views)
Shortcut
My theater still says 160, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

That just seems like a placeholder. I'm sure 144 is correct.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Nov 20 2014, 4:42pm

Post #7 of 9 (178 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually had a dream last night that the film was so short that it ran a little over an hour, everything on Ravenhill was cut, and Thorin died off screen. lol

Somebody get PJ away from the editing room...Tongue

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 20 2014, 5:50pm

Post #8 of 9 (162 views)
Shortcut
That is a command you do not hear every day with PJ movies ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

caglarkuraner
Bree

Nov 22 2014, 6:09pm

Post #9 of 9 (76 views)
Shortcut
IMAX! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.imax.com/...n-imax-3d-experience

(This post was edited by caglarkuraner on Nov 22 2014, 6:13pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.