Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Finally it's out. The Kili-Tauriel situation according to the creators [spoilers]
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:01am

Post #151 of 158 (370 views)
Shortcut
Honestly, this isn't something that interests me [In reply to] Can't Post

so I've not paid attention to any meme, images or whatnots around it. Heck, I even came across the quote by accident.

But for what it's worth, there's a peripheral encounter or half lying about, and this is the closest I see to angst for the star-crossed romance that's not meant to be (and apparently everyone involved knows it's supposed to be, like candy floss perhaps? Or is that too defined even for this ethereal thing that can be glimpsed but not seen), oops, relationship to one-up Gimli and Galadriel... eh... this multi-part multi-hyphenated thing that's so dignifiably/incomprehensibily (pick one) undefinable it's like navigating the Sea of Helcar on foot with Fingolfin's party.

Yeah, what a perfectly crafted concept to bring out one for the girls.

In Reply To
Nice avie btwHeart

Thank you.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile
(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Threadcount: XXIV
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Nov 19 2014, 4:06am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:10am

Post #152 of 158 (339 views)
Shortcut
Well-said! [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems one can't voice an opinion or even point to evidence, that's from the creators, that's counter to the romance of this (not)romance, relationship... thing without being safe from labels like naysayers or worse, haters. Refreshing to see a supporter of one-half of the affected pair being brave and on this side of the fence.Smile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

(Aaaaand a gushy Thranduil fangurl before The Hobbit movies; still a gushy Thranduil fangurl through them. Laugh)

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Nov 19 2014, 4:12am

Post #153 of 158 (345 views)
Shortcut
It's about as subtle as a murmukil traipsing towards the Pelennors, isn't it? [In reply to] Can't Post

And yet there's all these other terms it's called by fans and the cast/crew themselves all this time but the one the creators have finally called itLaugh

=======

Avandel
Half-elven

Nov 19 2014, 3:56pm

Post #154 of 158 (348 views)
Shortcut
and fades like a shadow of a shadow [In reply to] Can't Post

...Or is that too defined even for this ethereal thing that can be glimpsed but not seen), oops, relationship to one-up Gimli and Galadriel... eh... this multi-part multi-hyphenated thing that's so dignifiably/incomprehensibily (pick one) undefinable it's like navigating the Sea of Helcar on foot with Fingolfin's party.

...and anyway from the looks of TV spots, there will be a "moment", of sorts (another one that anyone else in the immediate vicinity never seems to pay attention to, perhaps because of the ethereal mystical nature of the undefined THING that was only ever there sort of)...and I said to myself then, well, that's that then. Unimpressed

Much like an airy souffle collapsing in on itself that had once caused the dinner guests to gasp in awe at the audacity and debate fiercely over its medley of indefinable flavors, is now a deflated cold pancake congealing in the dish as everyone looks forward to dessert and coffee.Evil

Peckish Owl *snigger*Cool

Cirashala
Valinor

Nov 20 2014, 7:19am

Post #155 of 158 (358 views)
Shortcut
I don't see what you see in this "relationship" [In reply to] Can't Post

I see compassion and a bit of confusion on her side, and a crush and delirious rambling on his part...

But for what it's worth, I LOVE THAT PICTURE! Oh, my gosh, I laughed so hard at that!

Maybe this meeting was not an interrogation but rather a subtle means for these two leaders who hate each other with a vengeance to try to find enough common ground so they could work together to try and figure out how to break them up? Tongue

Thanks for the great laugh! Laugh

namarie
Rohan

Nov 20 2014, 9:37am

Post #156 of 158 (359 views)
Shortcut
exactly :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Don't try to be perfect, just try to be yourself"

lionoferebor
Rohan

Dec 13 2014, 1:17pm

Post #157 of 158 (228 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Frankly I think they were going to focus on Kili one way or another, this is just one of the ways they chose to do so. Even if Tauriel and Kili were just obviously pals and not even the slightest hint of anything remotely love story-ish, it would have been Kili. Even if Tauriel had been a young guy elf, it would have been Kili.

Anyone blaming the "love story" for supposed lack of Fili is barking up the wrong tree, IMO.

Maybe that is true that they would've focused on Kili anyway, but they could have done that through a relationship with his brother.

lionoferebor
Rohan

Dec 13 2014, 1:23pm

Post #158 of 158 (234 views)
Shortcut
The healing scene [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I admit I didn't like the "healing scene," mostly because it was so poorly done, but why all the hate about this so-called romance? There are so many different ways to be romantic, and I really don't see anything offensive here. Let's look at Kili's speech:

"You cannot be her. She is far away. She... she is far, far away from me. She walks in starlight in another world. It was just a dream. [holds her hand] Do you think she could have loved me?"

My two cents, for what it's worth, is that Kili is very aware that this relationship will go nowhere. She might as well be in another world. And the question, "do you think she could have loved me?" means Kili knows Tauriel doesn't care about him that way. There's an interest, there's even some common ground, but nothing more. If there is a romance, it's completely one-sided. And really, what is so horrible about THAT?

Kili should thank Tauriel for saving him - it's the right thing to do. My problem with this scene is after a near death experience he doesn't acknowledge those closet to him...like his brother. He doesn't even ask about his uncle or his mother. You would think after being the brink of death he would have thought of his family...but he doesn't.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.