They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Meneldor
Valinor

Nov 13 2014, 4:45pm

Post #2 of 5 (113 views)
Shortcut
Soon you will learn to appreciate me. // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

(This post was edited by Meneldor on Nov 13 2014, 4:45pm)

Annael
Immortal

Nov 13 2014, 5:18pm

Post #3 of 5 (135 views)
Shortcut
have you seen the original video? [In reply to] Can't Post

My niece lives in NYC. It's exactly what happens to her.

She's a friendly person, but she's found that if she says "hi" back the followup comments often are on the order of "I'd like to ___ you." So she doesn't smile or respond to the "hey, I'm just being friendly" guys because . . . . they aren't.

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Nov 13 2014, 5:29pm

Post #4 of 5 (137 views)
Shortcut
Another mocking video [In reply to] Can't Post

of another video that was not funny at all, it was scary. Having a young adult daughter who lives in a city (like I do) gives one a perspective on things. The original video showed just what she and other women go through on their daily walk to work, including the part where someone followed her and continued the harassment. It's gotten to the point where my daughter calls me when she leaves work and we talk until she gets to her apartment so that people she passes see her talking on the phone. For some reason the harassment is less.

This video is cute but let's also make sure please that it doesn't trivialize the video it is mimicking.

Because that would be sad.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 13 2014, 5:32pm

Post #5 of 5 (150 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was pretty hard to watch, but it's one of those things that need to be seen. Personally I can't even conceive of any mindset that could justify acting that way, but then, I'm old.

In Reply To
So she doesn't smile or respond to the "hey, I'm just being friendly" guys because . . . . they aren't.

Yeah. I've also noticed a lot of guys who bemoan the fact that they can't get a date even though they're "nice guys", aren't.

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.