Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What are you going to look forward to after this last movie comes out?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

NottaSackville
Valinor

Nov 17 2014, 10:10pm

Post #26 of 38 (646 views)
Shortcut
No. I refuse. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Darkstone
Immortal

Nov 17 2014, 10:11pm

Post #27 of 38 (651 views)
Shortcut
You'll regret it. [In reply to] Can't Post

You'll be late to the party.

"Kai provseisi, kai avpeisi."
("There and back again.")
-Heraclitus of Ephesus, c. 500 BC

Hamfast Gamgee
Tol Eressea

Nov 18 2014, 10:52am

Post #28 of 38 (639 views)
Shortcut
As we are approaching the 15th year anniversary of the Lotr movies [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we can expect a remake, remix, blue-ray, re-edit version of those coming out. At least if PJ is anything like his mate George Lucas! Smile

Sam20
Lorien

Nov 18 2014, 9:42pm

Post #29 of 38 (628 views)
Shortcut
What's next. [In reply to] Can't Post

I must admit this is going to be a sort of hangover after finally seeing BOT5A. It's true that we have been expecting this trilogy for years and it will all come to an end and in less than a month. There will be a lot to discuss for many years after as there still is with LOTR and the books will always be there but there is not a lot of hope for something 'new' Tolkien-wise soon after. So, better enjoy it while it lasts. Smile

Outside Tolkien's world, I am very excited about the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens set to be released at the end of 2015. Also, I can't wait for the next season of Game Of Thrones as well as the forthcoming 6th novel Winds Of Winter estimated somewhere between 2015 and 2017.

That's pretty much it in terms of 'looking forward' but who knows what discovery can be made along the way..

(This post was edited by sam90 on Nov 18 2014, 9:49pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 19 2014, 12:54pm

Post #30 of 38 (598 views)
Shortcut
I just bought my last batch of tickets [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a trilogy of the 3 Hobbit movies at my theatre the eve of BoFA release. I already have that ticket... #001 :) They have let me buy all my tickets for this last movie at a group rate. $5 per ticket - 30 tickets... just like the previous 2 movies. They print me up special little coupons and I pay for all up front... putting the $ on a gift card. I use these every time I come to the movie. I've been saving for it all year.

Well... they asked me what I was going to do when this was all over? I had no answer. They said they wanted to designate a reserved parking spot for me ;) They're wonderful enablers and have been so enthusiastic! They've given me the okay for a line party.

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Nuradar
Rohan

Nov 19 2014, 2:04pm

Post #31 of 38 (608 views)
Shortcut
The EE of BOFA, and then... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure something will turn up. Probably the next thing would be Star Wars Episode 7.

dreamflower
Lorien

Nov 20 2014, 2:51am

Post #32 of 38 (594 views)
Shortcut
What do I look forward to? [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The EE deluxe with all three movies.
2. Re-reading the books.
3. Cracking down and finishing my work-in-progress fanfictions and starting the second half of my fanfic biography of Bilbo.
4. Continuing to discuss and enjoy Tolkien and all his work online in many forums, and maybe even meeting some more of my LotR friends in person.

dreamflower
Lorien

Nov 20 2014, 3:00am

Post #33 of 38 (586 views)
Shortcut
Oh Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am looking forward to a ton of new fanfiction!
I saw some recs in your post I'm unfamiliar with--I will have to check them out. Here are a few more:
Many Paths to Tread is an all-Tolkien archive, mostly gen. Features any Tolkien-based fanfic rated up to R.
Stories of Arda is another all-Tolkien archive, mostly gen.
LOTR_Community_GFIC is "LOTR Community General Fanfiction" an online e-mail forum for our GenFic Community. Although the name is "LOTR" they actually welcome any Tolkien-based fic, as well as discussion of various topics.
Lord of the Rings Community Challenges is a monthly fic challenge community on LiveJournal, with a mirror comm at Dreamwidth. Monthly challenges are posted with a different theme each month, and individualized prompts for each participant.
Off Into the Blue on Mad Adventures is my website featuring links to pre-movie, book-based fic for The Hobbit.
The Silmarillion Writer's Guild An archive and writer's forum for those who write fanfic for The Silmarillion or other First or Second Age based Tolkien fic, or stories that feature characters from the Silm.

FoundEntwife
Rivendell

Nov 20 2014, 4:48am

Post #34 of 38 (580 views)
Shortcut
I myself? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking forward to the new Star Wars films, The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses and the box set Blu-Ray extended Editions of all the Hobbit films. And the next season of Sherlock.

This tale grew in the telling. . .

http://pencilword.blogspot.com

marcelm2000

Nov 21 2014, 9:30am

Post #35 of 38 (564 views)
Shortcut
I won't disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

There should always a good movie coming out and inspire me, so i wont disappointed. Though, there is always something remains deep in our heart after watching a good movie.Cool

Sam20
Lorien

Nov 22 2014, 2:34am

Post #36 of 38 (560 views)
Shortcut
I almost forgot.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I almost forgot to mention it and I am surprised nobody is looking forward to the new Harry Potter movies. Ok, it's not exactly new 'Potter' films per see but still a new trilogy based on Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them set in this amazing wizard world. The first movie is expected to his theater worldwide in 2016.

I still hope that JK Rowling writtes more books but in the meantime I'll be looking forward for what Warner Bros. have to offer..!

For more: http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/15/6982525/harry-potter-spin-off-fantastic-beasts-and-where-to-find-them

(This post was edited by sam90 on Nov 22 2014, 2:38am)

Simon L. de Paiva
Bree

Nov 23 2014, 11:43pm

Post #37 of 38 (548 views)
Shortcut
What I'm looking forward to after BotFA... [In reply to] Can't Post

Experiencing the LOTR trilogy like never before, with the live orchestra at Lincoln Center in April 2015. I purchased my tickets in September, can't wait Smile

Sam20
Lorien

Nov 26 2014, 9:36pm

Post #38 of 38 (525 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

@Simon L. Paiva I had the chance to attend such an event a few years ago: Star Wars In Concert with the London Symphony Orchestra and it was absolutely great.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.