1 2 / 2%
84 total votes

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:32pm

Post #1 of 23 (839 views)
Shortcut
Rank the new BOFA trailer Can't Post

4. I do hope they improve some of that CGI in the finished film because the rest looks great.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Nov 6 2014, 7:34pm

Post #2 of 23 (583 views)
Shortcut
Five [In reply to] Can't Post

For sure.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2014, 7:36pm

Post #3 of 23 (575 views)
Shortcut
I was blown away. Five definitely!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Farficom
Rivendell

Nov 6 2014, 7:44pm

Post #4 of 23 (558 views)
Shortcut
4. [In reply to] Can't Post

There is always room for improvement. I have a feeling that by the time the movie comes out the level will be cranked up to 11.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 7:49pm

Post #5 of 23 (548 views)
Shortcut
4 for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a pretty good trailer, but nothing will reach the level of the ROTK trailer for me, and that is what deserves a 5.

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2014, 8:30pm

Post #6 of 23 (534 views)
Shortcut
I would say 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

I am pleased with the character moments I'm seeing! I don't honestly care about battles per se or CGI...mainly just the plot and characters.

I'm really hoping there are not just Thorin and Kili moments (or Kili and Tauriel moments--didn't we all see that runestone scene coming?) but Fili moments as well! And I've got to have Thorin and Bilbo conflict and reconciliation--hope there's more of that in the film than in the trailer.

It looks like the film will deliver an emotional wallop! Cool

Cirashala
Valinor

Nov 6 2014, 8:55pm

Post #7 of 23 (534 views)
Shortcut
I was utterly speechless [In reply to] Can't Post

My entire body was vibrating- no joke, it was like I was buzzing all over. I'm sure my jaw was also hanging to the ground and my eyes were open wide!

I was completely blown away- the only movie trailer to ever do that for me!

"Everything I did, I did for them."

WOWOWOWOW- I knew I was going to need tissues, but dang! I'm going to have to buy out the entire supermarket stock! Then figure out how to get it in there.....

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Nov 6 2014, 9:01pm

Post #8 of 23 (522 views)
Shortcut

The character interaction looks great, and that's what I'm interested in. I get bored by battle scenes, so I'm not much of a judge there.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2014, 9:17pm

Post #9 of 23 (521 views)
Shortcut
5! My brain is still recovering from the epicness! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Donry
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2014, 10:32pm

Post #10 of 23 (508 views)
Shortcut

nothing is perfect...pretty darned cool though...

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Nov 6 2014, 10:44pm

Post #11 of 23 (510 views)
Shortcut
Agree with your assessment. [In reply to] Can't Post

The CGI needs work, especially in the long shots of hordes crossing the vast landscape. Those kinds of shots were done better in the George Pal movies of the 50's.

Annael
Immortal

Nov 7 2014, 5:32am

Post #12 of 23 (496 views)
Shortcut
I was actually quite pleased - gave it a 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

my expectations have been raised!

(This post was edited by Annael on Nov 7 2014, 5:34am)

Angharad73
Rohan

Nov 7 2014, 7:04am

Post #13 of 23 (484 views)
Shortcut
Still can't decide [In reply to] Can't Post

...if hge stunning outweighs the iffy for me, so I am planting my vote firmly in the middle at 3.

cats16
Half-elven

Nov 7 2014, 7:22am

Post #14 of 23 (480 views)
Shortcut
Five for Fighting [In reply to] Can't Post

Very impressed with how personal and emotional it was.

I don't have any issues with CG shots, as I prefer not to worry about likely-unfinished aspects until I see the final product.

Ugh, every time I write about the trailer, I have the urge to watch just one more time. *opens YouTube* Angelic

dubulous
Rohan

Nov 7 2014, 9:47pm

Post #15 of 23 (483 views)
Shortcut
3. [In reply to] Can't Post

3. It was pretty good but didn't really add to my excitement about the movie. I think the first AUJ trailer is still my favourite of the whole trilogy.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 9 2014, 8:14am

Post #16 of 23 (445 views)
Shortcut
Wow, I'm surprised! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know you weren't a big fan of DOS. What is it about the trailer that grabbed you?

Arannir
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 9:59am

Post #17 of 23 (412 views)
Shortcut
Thinking between 4 and 5. [In reply to] Can't Post

I always have troubles giving out the highest grade ;)

Considering that I thought the Middle-earth movies have a history of mediocre trailers, it was certainly one of the best and pretty great with a great focus.

And it is quite interesting how little is actually shown, yet, you get the feeling you have seen much more... so that is actually pretty effective.

I may actually go with 5 this time.

For comparison:

First AUJ: 4/5
Second AUJ: 3/5
First DoS: 2/5
Second DoS: 2/5
Sneak Peek: 5/5
Bot5A Teaser: 4/5

macfalk
Valinor

Nov 10 2014, 10:29am

Post #18 of 23 (407 views)
Shortcut
I also thought first DOS was the weakest of the bunch. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Annael
Immortal

Nov 10 2014, 7:57pm

Post #19 of 23 (392 views)
Shortcut
For one thing [In reply to] Can't Post

it seemed to be mostly about the battle - why the different groups are fighting - and since the story is about the battle, that seems appropriate to me. As well as the whole bit about Thorin's fall. His internal journey matters much more to me than the unnecessary addition of the Azog storyline, and the trailer makes it look like that will be emphasized. That's it, really: the trailer makes it look like PJ will stick far closer to Tolkien and not graft on his own inventions too much. I live in hope, anyway.

And I always did want to see the White Council take down Dol Gulder. I have no problem with PJ taking something Tolkien mentions and showing us that.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Nov 12 2014, 1:37am

Post #20 of 23 (381 views)
Shortcut
Thorin's descent [In reply to] Can't Post

From the look of the trailer, it looks as if they're going all out on portraying Thorin's madness. I'm really glad they are. It looks like it could end up being the most emotional of the films so far. There's so much drama going on between all the "good" guys.

And the White Council/Dol Guldur scenes look mind blowing!

KingTurgon
Rohan

Nov 12 2014, 1:43am

Post #21 of 23 (381 views)
Shortcut
Why do people not like the DOS trailer? [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually thought it was really good, even if there were some things in the actual film that I would have done differently.

Gianna
Rohan

Nov 17 2014, 9:23pm

Post #22 of 23 (379 views)
Shortcut
5 [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved it so much! Possibly my favourite of all the Hobbit trailers!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Nov 25 2014, 4:36pm

Post #23 of 23 (387 views)
Shortcut
Loved every bit [In reply to] Can't Post

I give it a 5 - Thorin, Kili and Dwalin!!! And of course Thorin v Azog, how can you go wrong?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.