Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Anyone beside me, longing first of all for the DOS EE DVD?...

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2014, 10:41am

Post #1 of 19 (5786 views)
Shortcut
Anyone beside me, longing first of all for the DOS EE DVD?... Can't Post

I wish there would be some quiet little period of time when to fully enjoy the just released EE of the previous film (in this case, the DOS EE), brfore being bombarded already and whipped into a collective frenzy with stuff of all kinds including a new trailer, concerning the new film to be released soon...
I feel we haven't had really the DOS EE yet, I mean, not just the added scenes now put out all over the place on youtube like mere snippets to be gulped in, but truly the full better movie DOS is, when seen in its entirety again, now that it is made complete again by those reinserted scenes.
I'm missing more reviews of this DOS EE as well, and I hope they are still to come, as soon as the DVD will at last be out in the material form preferred by many of us.
As for BOTFA, no rush for me, please: it will be most welcome, but in its own time... that is, later!!! When we'll be really finished savouring our DOS EE first of all!...Smile

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

(This post was edited by mae govannen on Oct 31 2014, 10:42am)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2014, 11:20am

Post #2 of 19 (5455 views)
Shortcut
There is plenty of time [In reply to] Can't Post

to devour the EE before the BOTFA stuff rushes in

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2014, 11:34am

Post #3 of 19 (5454 views)
Shortcut
Could you be more specific? [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I know, the DOS EE DVD will be coming out more or less at the same time as the BOTFA trailer is now announced?

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 31 2014, 11:35am

Post #4 of 19 (5447 views)
Shortcut
Depending on where you live... [In reply to] Can't Post

... we Germans will get the EE a week after the trailer (if the trailer releases on the 6th).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2014, 11:47am

Post #5 of 19 (5437 views)
Shortcut
So, that's exactly what [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm talking - and complaining...- about, actually.
How do you feel about this mix-up due to the overlapping dates of release? Do you mind, or not at all?

dormouse
Half-elven

Oct 31 2014, 11:54am

Post #6 of 19 (5454 views)
Shortcut
Well, I haven't seen the EE yet, or any of the clips.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Have avoided all threads that seemed to refer to it and so on, because it isn't released here yet and I want to watch it, all fresh, new and unspoilt, when the DVD arrives on my doormat. And I am longing to see it. I'm actually avoiding spoilers for that much more carefully than for the next film. Spoilers for BOTFA are still very carefully controlled but with the EE it's probably all out there if you look for it.

So I'm with you really. At the moment it's the EE I'm looking forward to and I wish they had just one universal release date for it, and for the film, so that things didn't run into one another quite so much.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 31 2014, 12:02pm

Post #7 of 19 (5429 views)
Shortcut
We get Bot5A one week in advance. [In reply to] Can't Post

So I shouldn't complain. But in general universal dates would be much better, of course

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2014, 12:13pm

Post #8 of 19 (5434 views)
Shortcut
I was so surprised [In reply to] Can't Post

to find all those clips already out there, available just for anyone to see freely, while at the same time we are still waiting for the release of the actual EE DVD Shocked!!!
I feel this isn't right.
Was it all posted on YouTube by people who opted for the digital version, then? Or how else did that happen?..
Didn't the studio foresee that such a thing would happen if they released the digital version first? Or either of the two versions, for that matter?.
*sigh*...

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 31 2014, 12:19pm

Post #9 of 19 (5428 views)
Shortcut
I am... [In reply to] Can't Post

...actually displeased with Warner's decision to market the iTunes version several weeks before the DVD/BluRay. Because basically the buyers of the DVD/BluRay are the ones at disadvantage here. If you wait till you get to see your copy, everybody has already finished discussing the iTunes version. Also, our (German) release date for DOS:SEE is a week later than virtually everywhere else.

So I do miss the LOTR days when everything came out on ONE date in all the countries.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2014, 1:20pm

Post #10 of 19 (5397 views)
Shortcut
So for the music too, [In reply to] Can't Post

it's all mixed-up in time!... How frustrating, I would say.Surely there would have been a way to avoid this, if there had been a real will from the studio? Unsure

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 31 2014, 1:39pm

Post #11 of 19 (5389 views)
Shortcut
Waiting for the Blu-ray rather than the DVD... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I understand your frustration/anticipation.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 31 2014, 1:43pm

Post #12 of 19 (5381 views)
Shortcut
I too have avoided DOS EE spoilers [In reply to] Can't Post

Other than the sneak peek of the Murkwood river and that deleted scene with Thranduil, that is. I've really tried to avoid the spoilers, and don't go to threads discussing it. BOT5A is another matter, though - Spoil Me!!!Cool

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 31 2014, 2:11pm

Post #13 of 19 (5377 views)
Shortcut
Definitely, don't like the timing of all this *sigh* [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you posted - was just glaring at my Amazon orders yesterday re the collector set still being listed as not having a ship date, and no matter what I am getting my disks after the wait. Yes, I downloaded the film and watched a little but I-tunes for me is a bust and haven't seen the film properly or the Appendices except Mirkwood, and I want the full, turn-off-the-phones, wallow-in-ME experience HeartHeartHeart. (I-tunes is giving me a refund BTW and I will say they were responsive - supposedly my case will be "investigated" as basically I-tunes wants to make money LOL - great, but it will be a while before I ever try it again....Unimpressed)

Was thinking tho for me the BR is available Tues but don't want to do a marathon until the weekend - could avoid watching the trailer but I am weak.....anyway I wish there had been more of a break between the EE to let it settle before the BOFA trailer. Marketing views it differently e.g. the EE release to jog folks about the upcoming film $$$ but I would have like some time. It takes a while to savor a good EE and all the Appendices material.

And BOFA - the premier is Dec 1? Is that right? Just seems like it is coming so fast, because there will be leaks from the premier. So I agree w. your post, the timing of the releases for me is off, I have even thought of not watching the trailer but the effort it would take to avoid so much on the 'net. Besides I am dying of curiousity as much as anyone.Unsure

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 31 2014, 2:18pm

Post #14 of 19 (5361 views)
Shortcut
Totally agree with this [In reply to] Can't Post

...actually displeased with Warner's decision to market the iTunes version several weeks before the DVD/BluRay. Because basically the buyers of the DVD/BluRay are the ones at disadvantage here. If you wait till you get to see your copy, everybody has already finished discussing the iTunes version.

As a marketing strategy IMO it is a fail - a few days is one thing, but 2 weeks? (And I want to buy "Into the Storm" film and evidently I could get it now re streaming (which didn't work well for me) and have to wait until mid-November for the disks....)

But nothing to do except walk with your feet, so I am fed up and will wait in the future. Just have to come up with strategies to side-step these companies.MadFrown

And be like Thranduil....Cool

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Oct 31 2014, 2:20pm

Post #15 of 19 (5352 views)
Shortcut
I read somewere that here in Spain will be out the third [In reply to] Can't Post

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

shadowdog
Rohan

Oct 31 2014, 3:43pm

Post #16 of 19 (5324 views)
Shortcut
Just received notice [In reply to] Can't Post

My DOS EE DVD has shipped. Smile

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Oct 31 2014, 8:41pm

Post #17 of 19 (5257 views)
Shortcut
Of the three films yet to come [In reply to] Can't Post

DOS EE is the one I'm looking forward to the most - although I don't know if my optimism is justified, as I'm also avoiding the spoilers as much as I can. Agree it would be better if all the versions came out on the same day.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Dwarewien
Rohan

Oct 31 2014, 10:42pm

Post #18 of 19 (5230 views)
Shortcut
Same here... [In reply to] Can't Post

on Halloween of all days (not that I'm complaining, since it's my favorite holiday), so hopefully, I'll get it on Tuesday. They ship them on the Friday before to make sure that you get it on (though sometimes I've received it the day before) release day. I was surprised that I was able to pre-order the DVD at my local bookstore kiosk (which is where I pre-order most of my movies), since I thought that I would have to make a trip to Walmart this coming Tuesday. It seems that Target will also have the DVD (but I'm unsure if it's the full version, since the only Extended Editions I've seen in Target is the toned down versions that Walmart sometimes have), so look around at various stores, since some places other than Walmart may carry the DVD (why wait until next spring if you don't have to).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

FoundEntwife
Rivendell

Nov 1 2014, 4:02am

Post #19 of 19 (5214 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

You're not the only one. To be honest I would have preferred to just buy the extended edition on standard dvd instead of blu-ray but I could only find it on blu-ray.

The reason being that when all three films and their extended editions come out in a big fancy box set in the future (you know they will) I want the box set to be Blu-ray. That's like how I bought the LOTR films. I have all the extended editions on standard dvd and then I have the extended edition box set on blu-ray. oh well.

This tale grew in the telling. . .

http://pencilword.blogspot.com

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.