The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Shadow of Mordor Lord of the Hunt DLC Details Revealed

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Oct 30 2014, 11:55pm

Post #1 of 4 (2016 views)
Shortcut
Shadow of Mordor Lord of the Hunt DLC Details Revealed Can't Post

ShadowofMordor_LordoftheHunt_BeastHunterWarner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Monolith Productions today revealed new details about Lord of the Hunt, the first DLC expansion pack for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, available for purchase and to Season Pass holders later this year. In Lord of the Hunt, Sauron has dispatched lethal Beastmaster Warchiefs to exterminate the monsters of Mordor. Talion will join Torvin the Dwarven Hunter and use his powers of Domination to turn these menacing new beasts against the Warchiefs, proving that Mordor cannot be tamed.

New Story & Lore – Discover more tales from Torvin, the Dwarven Hunter, as you work together to tame the beasts of Mordor and fight Sauron’s minions.
New Nemeses – Face off against the Beastmaster Warchiefs, powerful new Uruks who have the ability to ride monsters and engage in perilous mounted combat.
New Monsters – Ride into battle on the Wretched Graug to vomit toxin at your foes, stalk your enemies on the predatory Caragath and attack from the shadows or raise an all-consuming Ghul Horde.
New Missions & Challenges – New Beast Hunting challenges and collectibles open up new trophies and achievements.
New Epic Runes – Make your Mount unstoppable with five new epic Runes that make you the ultimate hunter.
Test of the Wild – Test your skills against the Beastmasters and mount your trophies on the leaderboard.
New Character Skin – Lord of the Hunt skin transform Talion into the ultimate Beastmaster.

ShadowofMordor_LordoftheHunt_StealthCaragor  ShadowofMordor_LordoftheHunt_WretchedGraug

MiddleearthShadowofMordor_Logo

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dynamic game environment where the player orchestrates their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate. Players become Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance. Based on the player’s actions with the in-game Nemesis System, every enemy encountered is distinct and can evolve to become a personal archenemy through the course of the game.  As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is available for PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, PC and Steam; November 18th on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 31 2014, 8:58am

Post #2 of 4 (1745 views)
Shortcut
Zzzzzz. [In reply to] Can't Post

That game lost its appeal to me quickly.

Cannout bring myself finishing it.

The wait for a game really using the license to full effect continues.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

susrev

Nov 5 2014, 5:38am

Post #3 of 4 (1678 views)
Shortcut
My kingdom for... [In reply to] Can't Post

A Middle Earth version of The Elder Scrolls. C'mon Bethesda, make it happen!

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Nov 6 2014, 8:10pm

Post #4 of 4 (1800 views)
Shortcut
I got about a quarter of the way through [In reply to] Can't Post

before i got sidetracked with other games (The Evil Within and Alien Isolation-- love my horror games). Since there won't be much coming out the first part of next year (only Bloodborne has me interested), i'll play catch-up then.

But yeah, i didn't get into it quite as much as i thought i would. I had fun while i was playing it, and visually it looked great (apart from all the environments being a bit same-y), but i never felt like i quite got the hang of it. I never got very comfortable with either the combat or the Nemesis System. In talking with friends, it sounds like it's just me and my lack of skill at certain types of video games (i've never played fighting games for instance-- i'm more of a take my time and explore type of gamer), as they all had a great time with it and had no complaints. My plan is to maybe over the holidays give it another go for a few days and see if i can get something going. I really do want to give this promising game a chance.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.