The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Production diaries

Danielos
Rohan

Oct 25 2014, 3:53pm

Post #1 of 11 (1180 views)
Shortcut
Production diaries Can't Post

Why donīt we see any new production diaries anymore? Wouldnīt it be interesting to see a little bit of the editing, scoring and effects work?

leonmuse
Rivendell

Oct 25 2014, 3:56pm

Post #2 of 11 (611 views)
Shortcut
I would have liked it. [In reply to] Can't Post

But, honestly, this late in the game?? No.

Danielos
Rohan

Oct 25 2014, 3:58pm

Post #3 of 11 (631 views)
Shortcut
Third movie without any blogs? [In reply to] Can't Post

But even Desolation of Smaug had a few new blogs, right?

Shagrat
Gondor

Oct 25 2014, 4:02pm

Post #4 of 11 (618 views)
Shortcut
I wonder... [In reply to] Can't Post

What extras they're going to put on the theatrical DVD? Tongue That'll be interesting.

DjU
Lorien

Oct 25 2014, 4:12pm

Post #5 of 11 (591 views)
Shortcut
Specially made stuff like on the DoS discs probably [In reply to] Can't Post

AUJ:TE had 10 VBlogs totalling roughly 2 hours
DOS:TE had 4 VBlogs, and edit of the Live Event and 2 BTS segments all totalling roughly 2 hours.

I expect we will see one or two VBlogs roll in once the Trailer hits

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Oct 25 2014, 5:12pm

Post #6 of 11 (557 views)
Shortcut
It seems [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Why donīt we see any new production diaries anymore? Wouldnīt it be interesting to see a little bit of the editing, scoring and effects work?

The studio wants to keep things under wraps for this last film, presumably a marketing technique. PJ did indicate at the end of the last blog there would be more this year, so presumably the studio has stopped allowing them. We'll instead find out all about the editing etc after the film is out.

At least it means there will be more surprises in the cinema.

DjU
Lorien

Oct 25 2014, 7:14pm

Post #7 of 11 (434 views)
Shortcut
Sorry? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
PJ did indicate at the end of the last blog there would be more this year, so presumably the studio has stopped allowing them. We'll instead find out all about the editing etc after the film is out.

Sorry I seem to have missed this secret announcement that the studio made saying that had stopped them.....

Is there a reason people are increasingly jumping to random conclusions about a large number of things with very little basis?

DoS had 4 VBLogs and three of them did not appear till November onwards and also were not released until after the Theatrical Trailer had appeared. We are still in October and the Trailer hasn't dropped yet - there is still plenty of time for a Production video or two. Last year after the large pause between video 11 & 12 there appeared a large slew of people claiming PJ had lied or the studio was stopping them and much other bluster...

DoS

October 1
Theatrical Trailer

November 4
Fan Event - Sneak Peak & VBLog 12 Premiered

November 5/6
Sneak Peak & VBLog 12 posted seperately

05 December
VBLog 13

20 December
VBLog 14

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Oct 25 2014, 7:20pm

Post #8 of 11 (422 views)
Shortcut
You raise [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
PJ did indicate at the end of the last blog there would be more this year, so presumably the studio has stopped allowing them. We'll instead find out all about the editing etc after the film is out.

Sorry I seem to have missed this secret announcement that the studio made saying that had stopped them.....

Is there a reason people are increasingly jumping to random conclusions about a large number of things with very little basis?

DoS had 4 VBLogs and three of them did not appear till November onwards and also were not released until after the Theatrical Trailer had appeared. We are still in October and the Trailer hasn't dropped yet - there is still plenty of time for a Production video or two. Last year after the large pause between video 11 & 12 there appeared a large slew of people claiming PJ had lied or the studio was stopping them and much other bluster...

DoS

October 1
Theatrical Trailer

November 4

November 5/6

05 December
VBLog 13

20 December
VBLog 14

Some good points, but unfortunately you did miss the secret announcement...

;)

But in all seriousness, I was just speculating, hence 'it seems' and worded my post that way. It does seem to me they're keeping more things under wraps this year. I may of course me misjudging things.

Also, it could be related to the fact there weren't pick ups this year, so less to cover at this stage. It's also better to put them out closer to release, to get hype built up.

(This post was edited by SafeUnderHill on Oct 25 2014, 7:26pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 25 2014, 11:15pm

Post #9 of 11 (337 views)
Shortcut
I think the simple reason there haven't been any... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is because the bulk of the work on the films has already been done and covered. This year has mostly been editing and post production. So there's not so much interesting material to show.

I think we might get a vlog next month, after the trailer, showing the work they did shooting some of BoFA. Then probably one last vlog covering the premier and including an emotional, nolstagic look at the production of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Gonna need some tissues for that one.

Kendalf
Rohan

Oct 25 2014, 11:30pm

Post #10 of 11 (306 views)
Shortcut
Yep, two maximum, I suspect [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think we might get a vlog next month, after the trailer, showing the work they did shooting some of BoFA. Then probably one last vlog covering the premier and including an emotional, nolstagic look at the production of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Gonna need some tissues for that one.

Yep. That sounds about right.

"I have walked there sometimes, beyond the forest and up into the night. I have seen the world fall away and the white light of forever fill the air."

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Oct 29 2014, 1:50pm

Post #11 of 11 (142 views)
Shortcut
look! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

DoS

October 1
Theatrical Trailer

November 4

November 5/6

05 December
VBLog 13

20 December
VBLog 14

0fbd2af8d21ef0c3228a988e07d46572_normal. Doug Adams @DougAdamsMusic · 29 mins 29 minutes ago
And no, I don't know when the real list is coming. Presumably soon, but I know they're keeping a very short leash on spoilers this time.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.