Desolation of Smaug EE reveals some unused/unfinished Thranduil scenes
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 11:13pm

Post #26 of 38 (336 views)
Shortcut
It would go a long way in anybody's book. [In reply to] Can't Post

4 hours or so will get you decent distance!

DjU
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:13pm

Post #27 of 38 (333 views)
Shortcut
That's a pretty good list [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a pretty good list, although it does show that a huge amount of things on the request lists probably doesn't even exist! Many of the things are people just wishing for more of what they like!

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 11:18pm

Post #28 of 38 (326 views)
Shortcut
Whether they exist or not, I'm beginning to feel like [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in an episode of hoarders.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:20pm

Post #29 of 38 (331 views)
Shortcut
4 hours? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that somehow problematic? Tongue

I must have forgot that Mr. Jackson typically kept his Middle-earth movies and their extended editions relatively short.Wink

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Oct 21 2014, 11:24pm)

Joe20
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:24pm

Post #30 of 38 (351 views)
Shortcut
During the appendices [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Are you seriously suggesting that PJ is going to somehow do something because he's heard some outcry from of a little minority of fans - primarily ones who live in Thranduil / Thorin love-in threads - that they are devastated that some scenes weren't included?

Can't help but think you are bigging yourself up there a little...

During the appendices for DOS, its stated that PJ read online that a fan thought they could see gold on Smaug's belly (even though that wasn't the case) so PJ deliberately had them put that in. So he does look.

I'm not saying that we'll ever see those scenes but don't be so assured that fan passion has no effect.

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 11:28pm

Post #31 of 38 (317 views)
Shortcut
No problem at all. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I am taking down names and the very next time there is 2 vs 3 film discussion ...well... there is going to be some serious cross referencing!

KeenObserver
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:29pm

Post #32 of 38 (344 views)
Shortcut
And pertaining to the box set . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe that PJ has stated that if the fans have a strong enough yearning for it then they might make it happen.

So, in our demand for this boxed set, we will predictably and unabashedly voice specific wants and the filmmakers
and studio execs may or may not take heed.

Who knows? We can hope, right?

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

(This post was edited by KeenObserver on Oct 21 2014, 11:36pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 11:41pm

Post #33 of 38 (330 views)
Shortcut
You know I was thinking Dju while I read your reply [In reply to] Can't Post

while wiping the spittle off my face.....*eeeuuuw*

that if I had moussed my hair, I could have ended up with an interesting textured wind-blown effect. And LOVE the flared nostrils - reminds me of Azog!

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Oct 22 2014, 3:32am

Post #34 of 38 (268 views)
Shortcut
That may seem like a lot... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I bet all of those things would only add up to just another 15 minutes or so. That's not so much to ask.Wink

Spriggan
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2014, 7:52am

Post #35 of 38 (229 views)
Shortcut
15 minutes! You are pulling my leg. [In reply to] Can't Post

All that amounting to half the new content we've just seen added? I would argue much more.

The Grey Wanderer
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 9:43pm

Post #36 of 38 (176 views)
Shortcut
Seems like a good start, anyhow.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 10:35am

Post #37 of 38 (161 views)
Shortcut
Yes it does! [In reply to] Can't Post

This would be such a nice addition just for the story's sake. And imo, if this was included in an appropriate manner and at a good juncture of the story (my own BTS spoilery positing here), it neither affects the pacing nor the big reveal by Bard... not that I'm qualified in any way, but we can think, even fangurls, and based on what we've seen of the production crew's abilities to make things work, why wouldn't it work if they wanted it to?Frown

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 23 2014, 10:54am

Post #38 of 38 (160 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, KeenObserver! [In reply to] Can't Post

At least dudes are saying it too.Smile So it's not just deprived rabid fangurls, and really, as a nerd, I am not happy with the exclusion of scenes that, imo, adds to the story. As a fangurl, I would LOVE as much Thranduil as possible of course. But hey even if we only got the Thranduil/Legolas scene that would have been enough. I truly believe it is one of those scenes that helps bridge/clarify a few things, and how long was it? Less than a dang minute.Frown

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.