The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Where is the Trailer!

erdildeniz
Rivendell

Oct 21 2014, 8:55am

Post #1 of 14 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Where is the Trailer! Can't Post

Only 1.5 month left for the film but technically we don't have a trailer yet! PJ announced it will be released around October, but October is almost finished?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 8:59am

Post #2 of 14 (759 views)
Shortcut
Almost finished? [In reply to] Can't Post

We still have 1/3 of the month ahead of us. Patience, my friend. Smile

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 9:02am

Post #3 of 14 (728 views)
Shortcut
Around October... [In reply to] Can't Post

... surely doesn't mean that it must be October ;)

I said it before, I will say it again: all that is important - marketing-wise - is that the trailer will play in front of as many Interstellar and Mockingjay screenings as possible.

That is where they can mobilize some people to go and see Bot5A.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 10:58am

Post #4 of 14 (622 views)
Shortcut
PJ's Birthday - Oct 31st [In reply to] Can't Post

As his last Middle-earth film maybe he's giving the trailer a personal touch. So we may be getting a trailer for Halloween.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 11:12am

Post #5 of 14 (614 views)
Shortcut
Personally I don't want to see another trailer [In reply to] Can't Post

…until much nearer the film.

It will come when it will come, and there is no use constantly shrieking about it.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 11:27am

Post #6 of 14 (580 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

... no use in constant "shrieking" doesn't stop you from complaining about Tauriel and Legolas or me complaining about my issues with the Dol Guldur execution whenever we have the chance. We all have our obsessions ;)

While I agree that there is still time to release the trailer effectively, the time surely will have to come soon.

Interstellar is coming out soon and the Avengers will kick off their marketing with a first teaser . Bot5A should have its trailer released before both of those releases.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 21 2014, 11:28am)

adt100
Rohan

Oct 21 2014, 11:37am

Post #7 of 14 (642 views)
Shortcut
Be patient. It IS just around the corner! [In reply to] Can't Post

A matter of days, 10 at the most! The spate of recent marketing material released is evidence of this. I'm actually less clamouring for this than the teaser, as we know it will be PJ's final foray into Middle Earth. It's excitement mixed with sadness, but I'm sure it will be a tremendous finale when it comes!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 21 2014, 2:55pm

Post #8 of 14 (371 views)
Shortcut
Nearer? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Personally I don't want to see another trailer …until much nearer the film.

Less than two months to go is pretty near. How close would you really want them to cut it?

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 3:02pm

Post #9 of 14 (378 views)
Shortcut
Two weeks [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To
Personally I don't want to see another trailer …until much nearer the film.

Less than two months to go is pretty near. How close would you really want them to cut it?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 21 2014, 3:06pm

Post #10 of 14 (360 views)
Shortcut
Two weeks?!? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that the folks from Warner Bros. marketing division would disagree with you about that! Laugh

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Mithfânion
Rivendell

Oct 21 2014, 3:23pm

Post #11 of 14 (344 views)
Shortcut
Dec 10th [In reply to] Can't Post

The film comes out in Europe on December 10th, let's not forget.
Certainly where I live. The new trailer can certainly come by now.

Wordofmask
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 5:09pm

Post #12 of 14 (276 views)
Shortcut
Personally [In reply to] Can't Post

If the new trailer come out in mid Nov There is no need to see it anymore.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Oct 21 2014, 7:49pm

Post #13 of 14 (221 views)
Shortcut
Anticipating it of course! [In reply to] Can't Post

But then again, tis the last Hobbit trailer we'll (most likely) get, unless they do a third trailer ala the fan event from DOS. But then add on top of the trailer the NUMEROUS TV spots we'll be getting come middle of November, there will be tons of new footage.

But definitely by end of October we'll get the trailer. Patience, friends!

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2014, 12:28pm

Post #14 of 14 (126 views)
Shortcut
Clark Gregg retweeted [In reply to] Can't Post

Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser trailer out 10/28 during Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.