Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Wee cheat for the strong - 3 IMO pretty non-spoilery caps from EE Beorn's - Beorn/Thorin/dwarves

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 7:19am

Post #1 of 9 (1060 views)
Shortcut
Wee cheat for the strong - 3 IMO pretty non-spoilery caps from EE Beorn's - Beorn/Thorin/dwarves Can't Post

Of course many will not want to see anything, but for a little cheat thought I would put these up, just for the strong (I wasn't) to have something to look at.
E.g. those waiting on the discs. I figure most people have seen pics here and there from the Beorn footage so it's not too bad of a spoiler but it's been so long re new pics.

OK:

(This post was edited by Avandel on Oct 21 2014, 7:21am)

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 8:20am

Post #2 of 9 (451 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait to see the new Beorn material... [In reply to] Can't Post

but, seriously, regarding that top image, how can anyone on the production team have looked at Beorn's make-up/hairstyling and not thought "Grinch?" Crazy

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Elarie
Grey Havens

Oct 21 2014, 1:12pm

Post #3 of 9 (322 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yay! A yummy new picture of Thorin, and with a great view of his side braids for once. I'm trying to avoid any serious spoilers so these pictures are perfect. And I love Dwalin's attitude in that shot. Can't wait for the disk to come out. Smile

If this is to end in barrels, then we will all shampoo together.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 2:59pm

Post #4 of 9 (283 views)
Shortcut
Beorn's Exteriors...waz TOTALLY missed.. [In reply to] Can't Post

LAST December...

When they had the Hollywood Premier
Beorn's Interiors were featured in some
Massive Display in SoCAL to create
interest for Tourists to visit NZ...
put together by 100%NZ & AirNZ

But we were slightly "Jilted" when watching the film..

Tolkien's description of what a Bear/Man's Spread
in Wilderland was SSOoo.. extarordinary
in the BOOK..NOW we Finally get to see it!

Whazzn't it shot in "Paradise" with Mount COOK
in the Background?

ANY time we get to be Outdoors in the Rarified AIR
of NZ.. in theseMovies izz
One of the BEST thingies goin'
..........MAINly because NZ is a Major Character
Anyone can't help but LOVE..

All Hail..BEORN, mightiest of MANKind!

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 3:27pm

Post #5 of 9 (258 views)
Shortcut
you are most welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Even tho I caved IMO still can't replace the disks. I'm not sorry I went digital but I am not going to be watching and re-watching until I get my collector edition!

PS. *cough* will say - it's hard to know when to grab a cap of Thorin, re being so photogenic *grins*HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

(This post was edited by Avandel on Oct 21 2014, 3:31pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 3:38pm

Post #6 of 9 (246 views)
Shortcut
I am sorry Bomby - er IMO these were as generic as I could be - close-up [In reply to] Can't Post

'Coz I said these were pretty non-spoilery and wanted to keep to that, so ANY long shots, or specific action shots etc. think is crossing into spoiler territory.

If it is really really bothering you post in EE spoiler thread if you would? Smile

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 3:46pm

Post #7 of 9 (232 views)
Shortcut
Bombzzz FINE with everything you are doin' [In reply to] Can't Post

and since we have seen the Production Videos
we already know a great deal about the
Exteriors, SSOoo. you are
NOT causing any problems AT ALL!

I'm lovin' gettin' to KNOW you....

There are about 40
People here that
Push the Conversation along in the MOST
POSITIVE ways...

YOU are one of them
CHEERzzz

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 4:04pm

Post #8 of 9 (222 views)
Shortcut
*grins* I LOVE the Hobbit movies [In reply to] Can't Post

but I was holding on for the disks until, like a whisper from Mordor, the thought crept into my head "True enough, I-tunes failed to install the last time and was just *bleep*, but maybe, just maybe you can get it to work this time...."

LOL I have fallen into the Shadow of the digital download....ShockedShockedShocked

But oh, yeah, no movies make me happier than these!HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Oct 22 2014, 1:28am

Post #9 of 9 (154 views)
Shortcut
but you have wandered into the streams of double dipping and it is good [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
but I was holding on for the disks until, like a whisper from Mordor, the thought crept into my head "True enough, I-tunes failed to install the last time and was just *bleep*, but maybe, just maybe you can get it to work this time...."

LOL I have fallen into the Shadow of the digital download....ShockedShockedShocked

But oh, yeah, no movies make me happier than these!HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Welcome to the land of digital and many dips.

If you love a movie (or series), there's no reason why you shouldn't indulge if you have the finances to do so. iTunes has been wonky, it's true (and it's very annoying the extras are only watchable on the computer) but glad you caved so you can see this early. And glad it's working for you. :)

... on the other side of tomorrow...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.