The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
not showing new posts?

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 5:05am

Post #1 of 8 (1603 views)
Shortcut
not showing new posts? Can't Post

I am not getting the red letters that signify that there are new posts on the main forum page. Admin help please? Evil

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 21 2014, 5:58am

Post #2 of 8 (1552 views)
Shortcut
Well, there have been no new posts on Main for about 7 hours, so that could be why [In reply to] Can't Post

If you've visited the page a time or two already, it realizes you've been to the forum page, and clears all the 'new' post markers as you've seen them.

Or were you not seeing new posts when there were new ones?

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 8:19am

Post #3 of 8 (1549 views)
Shortcut

I wasn't talking about the main board specifically- I was talking about no new posts (when times indicated there were) when viewing the list of ALL the boards in the forums- not just one board.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 21 2014, 1:40pm

Post #4 of 8 (1543 views)
Shortcut
Are you logged in? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes my computer automatically logs me out of some websites, and I have to log in again. Or if you think you're already logged in, log out, then log back in. You only see the new post markers when you're logged in to the site.

Cirashala
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 6:37pm

Post #5 of 8 (1526 views)
Shortcut
I'm always logged in [In reply to] Can't Post

and don't usually have any trouble. But it's working now, so maybe just a temporary hiccup Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 21 2014, 7:31pm

Post #6 of 8 (1535 views)
Shortcut
The forum was having one of its hissy fits. [In reply to] Can't Post

There have been occasions for me when the NEW has just stayed there. Despite clicking on the thread/board several times.

Maybe it temporarily turned into a stroppy teenager. Wink

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 21 2014, 9:03pm

Post #7 of 8 (1523 views)
Shortcut
That's when I exert my authority [In reply to] Can't Post

and click on 'Mark All Read', and imagine dozens of 'NEW' tags cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Evil

In Reply To
There have been occasions for me when the NEW has just stayed there. Despite clicking on the thread/board several times.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 5:24am

Post #8 of 8 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Is this your portrait? [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.