The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DOS EE iTunes extras

Greypilgrim
Bree

Oct 21 2014, 2:55am

Post #1 of 16 (1346 views)
Shortcut
DOS EE iTunes extras Can't Post

Has anyone who's already downloaded this from iTunes had a problem with the extras? When I started to download it I noticed there wasn't the extras file downloading at the same time as usual and it won't let me open it. I tried to re download and the same thing happened- no extras but it says they are included in the iTunes Store!!! What the hell !! So frustrating. Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Joe20
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 3:52am

Post #2 of 16 (860 views)
Shortcut
It seems the extras are not part of the download this year [In reply to] Can't Post

But are instead hosted on the itunes store and you stream them rather than playback from a downloaded file

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Oct 21 2014, 7:13am

Post #3 of 16 (790 views)
Shortcut
The new itunes extras [In reply to] Can't Post

Are streamed and streamed only. Once you've downloaded the film you can view the itunes extras.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Oct 21 2014, 7:17am

Post #4 of 16 (749 views)
Shortcut
I am still not able to watch them. [In reply to] Can't Post

I cannot even click on them.Is there something more i have to do or am i missing anything?

"You cannot find peace by avoiding life"

woutervandis
The Shire

Oct 21 2014, 8:23am

Post #5 of 16 (718 views)
Shortcut
You need to download Itunes 12 [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the same problem. But after the update I could stream the appendices..

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Oct 21 2014, 9:14am

Post #6 of 16 (678 views)
Shortcut
Thank you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Problem partially solved.The extras have become available but when i click on special features the streaming doesn't start.I wonder if anything has to do with me skipping to install quick time

woutervandis
The Shire

Oct 21 2014, 9:18am

Post #7 of 16 (673 views)
Shortcut
Haha: probably! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I don't have Quicktime at all.

For me it does work when i just click the Itunes Extra's in my library.

I do think it is pretty lousy that you don't get to download the extra's, since often i watch those on late night train rides (when i don't have internet). I do understand it safe's a lot of space though.

NecromancerRising
Gondor

Oct 21 2014, 9:20am

Post #8 of 16 (684 views)
Shortcut
Haha,i solved the problem. [In reply to] Can't Post

You helped me again.It worked when i clicked the itunes extras in my library.Thank you very muchSmile

Greypilgrim
Bree

Oct 21 2014, 10:51am

Post #9 of 16 (635 views)
Shortcut
Damn it [In reply to] Can't Post

I am on mac and it doesn't look like iTunes is available on this platform. When I click on iTunes extras it says I need to update to OS X 10.9.3 or later. What? That the entire operating system of the computer. Any one know how to do this?

Fleuz
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:13am

Post #10 of 16 (621 views)
Shortcut
Just update on iTunes 12 [In reply to] Can't Post

You don't need to update the OS.

EDIT:
But you need OS X Lion for iTunes 12...

(This post was edited by Fleuz on Oct 21 2014, 11:17am)

Bofur01
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:14am

Post #11 of 16 (641 views)
Shortcut
They've overhauled the whole 'extras' system... [In reply to] Can't Post

So it works with iOS... So I guess there's no workaround.

By the way, have you considered upgrading to Yosemite? It's awesome, I just did.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 21 2014, 11:19am

Post #12 of 16 (614 views)
Shortcut
Possibly [In reply to] Can't Post

Your Mac may not be able to upgrade to a newer operating system. It depends on what version of a Mac you have. I know there was only so far my old Mac could go when it came to upgrading to a new system, and updating programs.

You could check with the Apple site to see if your computer will upgrade.

In Reply To
I am on mac and it doesn't look like iTunes is available on this platform. When I click on iTunes extras it says I need to update to OS X 10.9.3 or later. What? That the entire operating system of the computer. Any one know how to do this?

Greypilgrim
Bree

Oct 21 2014, 11:30am

Post #13 of 16 (601 views)
Shortcut
Yosemite [In reply to] Can't Post

Would iTunes extras work if I upgraded to yosemite do you think? Otherwise how do I get OS X lion?

(This post was edited by Greypilgrim on Oct 21 2014, 11:32am)

Bofur01
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:41am

Post #14 of 16 (584 views)
Shortcut
What version are you on now? [In reply to] Can't Post

And what type is your mac, and when is it from? It all depends on whether it's new enough to update...

It would definitely work if you were on Yosemite, as it works for me ;)

Greypilgrim
Bree

Oct 21 2014, 11:46am

Post #15 of 16 (576 views)
Shortcut
Macbook pro [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a Macbook pro bought mid 2011. OS X 10.6.8

When you update to yosemite do you lose your saved files etc? Does it wipe the computers brain? Cheers!

Bofur01
Lorien

Oct 21 2014, 11:52am

Post #16 of 16 (582 views)
Shortcut
MacBook Pros (Mid/Late 2007 or newer) are supported, so you'd be fine... [In reply to] Can't Post

And no, it shouldn't wipe your files (Mine are fine) Though if you can make a backup easily, you probably should (Though I didn't ;) )

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.