Official WB synopsis for BOFA

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 4:10pm

Post #1 of 6 (1004 views)
Shortcut
Official WB synopsis for BOFA Can't Post

as posted on ToRns Facebook

"The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies brings to an epic conclusion the adventures of Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) and the Company of Dwarves. The Dwarves of Erebor have reclaimed the vast wealth of their homeland, but now must face the consequences of having unleashed the terrifying dragon, Smaug, upon the defenseless men, women and children of Lake-town. As he succumbs to dragon-sickness, the King Under the Mountain, Thorin Oakenshield sacrifices friendship and honor in his search for the legendary arkenstone. Unable to help Thorin see reason, Bilbo is driven to make a desperate and dangerous choice, not knowing that even greater perils lie ahead. An ancient enemy has returned to Middle-earth. Sauron, the Dark Lord, has sent forth legions of Orcs in a stealth attack upon the Lonely Mountain. As darkness converges on their escalating conflict, the races of Dwarves, Elves and Men must decide – unite or be destroyed. Bilbo finds himself fighting for his life and the lives of his friends as five great armies go to war."

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 4:13pm

Post #2 of 6 (367 views)
Shortcut
That is quite old though ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

But thanks anyway. Since we do not have a trailer, yet, we can re-read this Cool

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 4:14pm

Post #3 of 6 (350 views)
Shortcut
haha sorry. I must have missed it. [In reply to] Can't Post

But still a little something to get us pumped Wink

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 4:17pm

Post #4 of 6 (351 views)
Shortcut
Yeah... TORN FB also treats it as new information. [In reply to] Can't Post

We discussed it here months ago already, though. It appeared on several websites in different languages already.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 5:24pm

Post #5 of 6 (299 views)
Shortcut
The epic conclusion - of Thorin Oakenshield [In reply to] Can't Post

NO, NO, I'm not ready for that!(sob!)HeartUnsure Fortunately (or not), Thorin Oakenshield and his nephews will live on in FanFics around the world. So far I've resisted the temptation of writing one, but I may crumble.

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Oct 20 2014, 6:18pm

Post #6 of 6 (213 views)
Shortcut
I'm not ready for that either [In reply to] Can't Post

I was okay with it in the novel, but not so with the cinematic versions.

... on the other side of tomorrow...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.