Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Honoring our love for Tolkien: What's the most prized item in your Tolkien collection?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 9:53am

Post #26 of 37 (1070 views)
Shortcut
Good question... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I'll go with my copy of The Hobbit, as it's the one that qualifies as 'most loved', as TORnsibs would say. Most of my books are in very good condition, but TH is the one that slipped through the cracks.

I own the edition from...2001(?). It's the one with Gandalf walking towards Bilbo's front door.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Oct 21 2014, 2:15pm

Post #27 of 37 (1071 views)
Shortcut
Tough to pin down [In reply to] Can't Post

It would either have to be the wedding dress my mother-in-law made for me with both the Evenstar pendant and Tree of Gondor beaded into the dress or the amazing map of tOR.N's message boards that I was given as a gift from many of the board members as a thank you for helping to get the new boards up and running here a few years back. I've even taken that map to a convention panel talk I gave once to show off how awesome the folks here are.

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 21 2014, 7:31pm

Post #28 of 37 (1054 views)
Shortcut
I've got to add [In reply to] Can't Post

That I'm thoroughly stoked with my hand-made copy of the Red Book of Westmarch. It's like stepping back through time and resting in Bag End every time I open it. Almost like clicking your heels 3 times... ;)

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 22 2014, 2:00am

Post #29 of 37 (1042 views)
Shortcut
Bombyzz are the Three Commemorative PLATES.. [In reply to] Can't Post

made by the Bradford Exchange
Licensed & Numbered by New Line.

FOTR, TTT, ROTK

They hang in a Place of
"Special Magnificence".

Collage Images of the CAST
from the Moviezzzz

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

KingTurgon
Rohan

Oct 22 2014, 1:44pm

Post #30 of 37 (1037 views)
Shortcut
This is an evil question! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lol! :p

I can't choose just one, so I seperated them into categories:

Books: My new copy of the Silmarillion (matches my LOTR, Hobbit, and Unfinished Tales and is my favorite Middle-Earth book, actually the Sil is my favorite book period)
Movies: My collector's edition DVD of Return of the King (my second favorite movie of all time)
Merchandise: My Helm's Deep Lego - having LOTR Legos was a dream of mine when I was a kid so when they actually came out with them it was a dream come true for me!)

geordie
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2014, 5:16pm

Post #31 of 37 (1032 views)
Shortcut
Sadly, no - [In reply to] Can't Post

No, I never met the professor; I didn't start reading Tolkien till the mid-70s. I have met several members of his family, though; and also his friend and publisher Rayner Unwin. Mr Unwin was a real gent; he told me once that the stories of The Silmarillion were like beads without a string; in publishing the book in 1977, Christopher had provided the string.

sherlock
Gondor

Oct 23 2014, 2:15pm

Post #32 of 37 (1011 views)
Shortcut
I have that one and the green [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit that my husband gave me around that time with my name engraved in gold on them.

Annael
Immortal

Oct 23 2014, 4:47pm

Post #33 of 37 (1017 views)
Shortcut
that would be mine, too.// [In reply to] Can't Post

To be sane we must recognize our beliefs as fictions.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

FoundEntwife
Rivendell

Oct 26 2014, 3:47am

Post #34 of 37 (1001 views)
Shortcut
I would say [In reply to] Can't Post

the unabridged audio book versions of The Lord of the Rings narrated by Rob Inglis. I could curl up with a good cup of tea, some homemade pumpkin bread and listen on a rainy, windy day. Perfect day for me.

This tale grew in the telling. . .

http://pencilword.blogspot.com

Glaurung63
Lorien

Oct 27 2014, 10:57pm

Post #35 of 37 (980 views)
Shortcut
Ahhhh [In reply to] Can't Post

My original hard copy of The Silmarillion...and my hard copy of the illustrated Hobbit which is signed by Alan Lee!

Lothiriel
The Shire

Oct 28 2014, 6:30am

Post #36 of 37 (976 views)
Shortcut
Tough question! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would say my LOTR version illustrated by Alan Lee, my collector versions of the trilogy and my rohir shield... I should rather say that my whole collection is the dearest to me Wink.

"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it." Lloyd Alexander

Gianna
Rohan

Oct 29 2014, 1:00pm

Post #37 of 37 (986 views)
Shortcut
Not sure exactly..... [In reply to] Can't Post

My most beloved Tolkien-related possession would be either my beautiful green hardcover Hobbit with red and gilt lettering, or else my first edition Children of Hurin!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.