DOS Chapter of the Week: It Is Our Fight
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Noria
Gondor

Oct 18 2014, 2:23pm

Post #26 of 46 (1019 views)
Shortcut
I like this scene [In reply to] Can't Post

1. This scene is, obviously, completely non-canon. Opinions about such scenes usually differ widely. Did the scene work for you, or would you rather it had not been in the movie?

--It works for me and I am happy to have it in the movie. I find the Elves of Mirkwood interesting as individual characters and for their story of fear, passivity and isolationism versus courage, action and involvement. IMO Tauriel is an excellent addition to the movie and is very well played by Evangeline Lily. This scene is also pivotal in that both Tauriel and Legolas made course changes which impacted DoS and will have further ramifications in TBOTFA.

2. This scene is central to both Legolas' and Tauriel's story arcs. Why do you think Tauriel went AWOL to chase the orc pack? And why did Legolas follow her?

-- I think Tauriel left to chase the Orcs because Thranduil’s words in both their scenes together had made it clear that there was a fundamental and irreconcilable difference between his view of the world, his concept of right and wrong, and hers. I suspect Thranduil’s callousness about Kili might have been the last straw. The battle between good and evil was abstract until someone Tauriel knew, someone with whom she had bonded somewhat, became a victim of that evil. Also, a number of Elven guards were killed by those same Orcs. We had already seen that Tauriel was passionate, energetic and sometimes impulsive so a lightning decision was perhaps not out of character.

--As for Legolas, Tauriel knows her guy, knew that Legolas would come after her. Whatever is between these two, they both seem comfortable with it.

--This must be the turning point for Legolas. He first followed Tauriel out of friendship or love, whichever, to bring her back, restore her to his father’s grace, maintain the status quo. Evidently up to that point at least it was still possible for her to return. But Tauriel made her position perfectly clear: Thranduil was wrong to let evil continue unhindered, that they are part of the world and have responsibilities to it and she was not going to shirk those responsibilities. Presumably either Tauriel changed Legolas’ mind or he stayed with her anyway when she refused to return home. The next time we saw Legolas, he too had defied Thranduil and was hunting Orcs in Laketown with Tauriel.

3. Does Tauriel think that Kili is dead? Narzug hinted as such in the Orc Interrogation scene; Thranduil said that he did not care about "one dead Dwarf" while Tauriel was within earshot; and Tauriel says to Legolas that the King has never allowed orc filth to "cross our borders and kill our prisoners".

--I suspect that Tauriel thought that Kili was dead or dying. I don’t know if she followed the Dwarves and Orcs to Laketown to try to save Kili or if she was simply pursuing the Orcs. The healiong scene seemed spontaneous and opportunistic. There were also the deaths of the Elven red shirts to be avenged.

4. Tauriel's central, simple line is, "It IS our fight!" Notice that in the first trailer, she delivers her line while looking askance at Legolas. In the movie, however, she says it as she turns to face him. Which do you think is better?

--Keen eyes to notice this; you must be a Tauriel fan .

--To me having Tauriel facing Legolas directly makes her words seem more sincere and adds strength to them. Her expression is certainly more forceful. The side view is less direct.

5. Legolas and Tauriel switch back and forth from Elvish to Common Tongue. Did this seem natural? Also, how would you compare the sound of Tauriel's Elvish to, say, Arwen's or Galadriel's?

--Whether or not it’s natural for them to shift in and out of Elvish, I think this was done in part to remind everyone that they are exotic Elves, not humans. EL sounds quite comfortable to me speaking Elvish, the more so because it seems to flow off her tongue naturally. Cate Blanchett is the best though, IMO.

6. Tauriel's speech: Does her speech sound like the elves in Tolkien's books?

--If we are talking about the Elves of Thranduil’s realm as presented in The Hobbit book, it doesn’t seem likely. Those seem more prosaic and uninvolved with the outside world. It certainly doesn’t seem like the tralally Elves of Rivendell or the benign but detached Elf-friend Elrond.

7. Why doesn't Legolas want to get involved?

--Up to this point, I think that Legolas had espoused his father’s views about the world. Plus he was the obedient son who obeyed his father and king.

8. Were Evangeline Lilly and Orlando Bloom convincing in their roles as Elves? Did you think that one of the two was better than the other?

--IMO Orly is somewhat better than he was in LotR, where all he was really required to do was look fabulous and move like an Elf. But I was surprised when I first saw DoS about how good Evangeline Lily was as Tauriel. It’s as if she was born to play this part and I think she is excellent.

9. Finally, how will this scene affect Tauriel's and Legolas' decisions after the destruction of Laketown? We know from the first BOFA trailer that they meet up and go on some sort of mission.

--Of course it’s hard to say. I doubt that they will be chastened and return home like lost kids; it seems to be more likely that Tauriel’s resolve will be hardened. Legolas as well because in addition to seeing the wider issues, he now has first-hand experience of the strength of evil after his run-in with Bolg. I doubt that Tauriel’s mind will be changed about engaging with the world. It will be interesting to see their reunion with Thranduil. Will Legolas be angry with Tauriel because she stayed to heal Kili while he was almost killed fighting Bolg?

Other comments:

--The Orcrist theory: “"It's on the horse Legolas rode out on to find Tauriel, conveniently off screen." Actually, I think that’s likely. Somewhere in the Videologs or Appendices there is footage of Legolas and Tauriel on a fake horse against a green screen. I’ve long wondered if Legolas is supposed to have caught up to Tauriel on horseback, the two of them then rode that horse to Laketown and Legolas reclaimed it to pursue Bolg. Why shouldn’t Orcrist be with the horse?

--I like this quiet but subtly more urgent and ominous rendition of The Woodland Realm theme as Tauriel and Legolas speak.

--This is a beautiful location, with the waterfall, the rocks, the river flowing into the lake. We get another reason to despise the Orcs when we see the bloody mess they made of this lovely spot in slaughtering an animal they didn’t even eat.

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Oct 18 2014, 3:11pm

Post #27 of 46 (991 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for your comments Noria [In reply to] Can't Post

From your post I gather you weren't previously aware of what an ardent Tauriel supporter I've been since Day One. As you wrote later down, Evangeline Lilly seems born to play the role of a female elf. Why have I always been such a fan? About 6-7 years ago a friend gave me the DVDs of "LOST" (I hadn't seen it before then), and when I saw Evangeline doing her own stunts climbing in trees, + her somewhat elfin look, I said "She'd be a great Forest Elf in Tolkien". Needless to say, I was floored when they announced her casting as Tauriel.

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 18 2014, 5:18pm

Post #28 of 46 (983 views)
Shortcut
I'd disagree EL was born to play a female elf BUT [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure but it's forgotten now I guess that Saorise Ronan was either supposed to be Tauriel or another female elf, and every time I see a picture of her - talk about being born to play an elf:

I regret not seeing this actress as an elf.Frown

For me it will always be difficult to discuss Tauriel as my feelings are mixed - on the one hand, I disliked the way EL came across in interviews, was unimpressed or worse by the comments she made, and felt resentful that re the PR it felt - and still is at the moment - that the character was "being forced down our throats" (a comment made by many).

On the other hand, sitting in a theater dreading the moment this "Mary Sue" would show up - she didn't blow it AND is mercifully believable as a fighter. EL has complained she was not allowed to do "wire work" etc. so how much we are actually seeing of her re stunts (she complained about spending more time off set than on in an interview) I don't know. Nevertheless re the knife fight etc. she seems pretty capable and shooting that scene in the Appendices it looks like she is working hard. (Some have complained about the running kick but I love that - way cool IMO....am assuming that is EL as I think she could do that.)

For me Tauriel was refreshing while not being wild about her, and I am not holding scenes like the healing scene against her, as think it is to the actors' credit they got through that so well (the same could be said about the dwarves having to stand there through the horrible goblin king song *cough*Unsure).

What really puzzles me is that off and on, Orlando Bloom seems so stiff/uncomfortable, and I really do puzzle about this, because this was a role he played before and I would think he would have had a really good feel for the part. I mean he IS everyone's Legolas.

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 18 2014, 5:42pm

Post #29 of 46 (974 views)
Shortcut
LOL Kim - Legolas angst [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin’s hair: well, let’s see, Legolas isn’t really upset with Tauriel in this scene so much as he’s thinking about the majestic mane and doesn’t want to chase after it lest there are comparisons to his own straight look. Explains why he stole Orcrist from Thorin, just jealous of someone with luscious flowing curly locks that still look awesome covered in cobwebs.

I hafta admit, by this time Legolas must be feeling considerably strained - being raised by a father who has this silky waterfall/sapphire gaze thing going on (and is taller) and then being confronted by not only a veritable cornucopia of dwarven glorious hirsuteness, but the fiercely stunning leader of the party has this dreams-of-night-and-stars mane AND a better sword than your own father has seen fit to bestow Wink.

You know, that's why PJ had to shoehorn in that little Gloin/Gimli piece, to give a chance for Legolas to recover after his first look at Thorin - because Legolas has always been the prettiest and all of a sudden he is surrounded by heavyweight contenders.Wink

Oh, all right *grins*.Cool We all love Legolas who is the quintessential elf, and for the moment shall we overlook the Orcrist issue, as Thorin (RA) has said Thorin has mixed feelings about the blade and in any case seems to have acquired a gorgeous raven-hilt sword.

High res Legolas w. FLOWING locks: http://24.media.tumblr.com/...op1r0zwvfo1_1280.jpg

(This post was edited by Avandel on Oct 18 2014, 5:42pm)

Noria
Gondor

Oct 18 2014, 7:43pm

Post #30 of 46 (957 views)
Shortcut
Oops [In reply to] Can't Post

Dweller, I meant to put an wink or sarcasm emoticon after the remark about you being a fan of Evangeline Lilly's, just as I meant to look up the correct spelling of her name. I know well that you've long been one of her most ardent fans. But I'm getting old and forgetful. No lie, it sucks.

I was glad that you were the one to do this chapter.

Noria
Gondor

Oct 18 2014, 8:07pm

Post #31 of 46 (955 views)
Shortcut
I do remember when Saorise Ronan was supposed to be cast as an elf maiden [In reply to] Can't Post

but I always thought she was too young. Evangeline Lilly is also beautiful but in a more earthy and mature way. To my mind the best Elves are usually actors in their thirties who still look good but have a maturity about them that can suggest agelessness.

One of the things I like about Evangeline Lilly's performance is that she is less ethereal and other-worldly in her appearance than the aristocratic Elwomen we've seen, as befits a working woman and a warrior. But she can evoke those other-worldly feelings as she does in the Starlight feast scene.

As a fan of Lost, I am familiar with Evangeline Lilly's work in that role. I thought she's be fine as Tauriel, certainly in the action scenes, but she surprised me with how well the role suited her and how thoroughly convincing she was.

I was looking forward to the character's appearance with hope and was not disappointed. It seemed to me that in the PR for the movie, they were rightly pushing the Elves in order to distinguish the Dwarf heavy AUJ from the more diverse DoS.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 18 2014, 8:51pm

Post #32 of 46 (958 views)
Shortcut
Itaril [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Not sure but it's forgotten now I guess that Saorise Ronan was either supposed to be Tauriel or another female elf, and every time I see a picture of her - talk about being born to play an elf:

I regret not seeing this actress as an elf.Frown

Saorise Ronan was short-listed to play Itaril, the character who would eventualy evolve into Tauriel, but she ultimately turned down the part because of the extreme length of the shoot. Probably for the best as I think that Itaril was poorly conceived as originally written (too young and too proficient for her age). I did like the element that she was originally supposed to be smitten with an Elf-lord of Rivendell (as opposed to one of Thorin's nephews).

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 18 2014, 9:38pm

Post #33 of 46 (951 views)
Shortcut
Thank you - and I could have seen this Itaril/Tauriel as up and coming [In reply to] Can't Post

E.g., for me it would have worked far better to have a young elf warrior, skilled enough to be mentored by Legolas and naive and curious, but not a romantic thing - then Legolas' role could have been enriched IMO with him questioning his father -

Leaving this Itaril/Tauriel to do understandable things like impulsively going after a group of orcs etc.

But - to keep to the entire thread subject, guess the central question is whether the scene should be there or not, and how well done it was - it was fine for me as a bridge scene. Unless they were going to have Tauriel and Legolas have a huge argument or have Legolas shoot down an orc creeping up on Tauriel and then having him get angry and decide to go after the orcs, not sure what else you could do.

And perhaps one day Saorise Ronan will be an elf or other - with that porcelain skin and ethereal look I would imagine there is a wide role of parts she could play.

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Elciryamo
Rivendell

Oct 19 2014, 5:17am

Post #34 of 46 (942 views)
Shortcut
My thoughts, though I usually don't post in these [In reply to] Can't Post

1. This scene is, obviously, completely non-canon. Opinions about such scenes usually differ widely. Did the scene work for you, or would you rather it had not been in the movie?
I would honestly rather Legolas not be in the movie. That being said, I like this scene because it establishes Legolas' loyalty to his father, and his agreement with Thranduil's position on letting the Orcs go.
The scene works well for me because it presents two arguments, both getting the opportunity to sound off and I like the back and forth.

2. This scene is central to both Legolas' and Tauriel's story arcs. Why do you think Tauriel went AWOL to chase the orc pack? And why did Legolas follow her?

I think Tauriel felt a moral urging to track down the Orcs, for their violation of Woodland Realm's boarders, the deaths of the guards as well as the capturing of their prisoners. I think she felt that the Dwarves were her responsibility, both to protect them and to defend her boarder, which is her charge as Captain of the Guard.

Legolas followed her because he is protective of her and feels a responsibility towards her. I think he feared that she would do something foolish, and following her was his own personal feeling of responsibility towards protecting her, both from the Orcs and Thranduil.

3. Does Tauriel think that Kili is dead? Narzug hinted as such in the Orc Interrogation scene; Thranduil said that he did not care about "one dead Dwarf" while Tauriel was within earshot; and Tauriel says to Legolas that the King has never allowed orc filth to "cross our borders and kill our prisoners".
I don't think that she does. I think that Thranduil treated Fili as unimportant in terms of the larger picture of his kingdom. I think Tauriel was worried but also not certain of Fili's fate.

4. Tauriel's central, simple line is, "It IS our fight!" Notice that in the first trailer, she delivers her line while looking askance at Legolas. In the movie, however, she says it as she turns to face him. Which do you think is better?

Face to face is better, in my opinion. A much more impactful way to deliver that statement. Also, to me, if she is askance, it looks like she doesn't trust Legolas to do the right thing. In facing him it presents as more of a discussion between equals, even though it is not.

5. Legolas and Tauriel switch back and forth from Elvish to Common Tongue. Did this seem natural? Also, how would you compare the sound of Tauriel's Elvish to, say, Arwen's or Galadriel's?

I think Taruiel's Elvish is good, though Galadriel's is more fluid. Tauriel's feels a little more rushed but it works well for the intensity of the scene.
The switching back and forth is interesting, but it is a common enough film-making device that I don't treat it as something odd. I figure there were still speaking Elvish but it was read in Common Tongue for the sake of the audience.

6. Tauriel's speech:

It is our fight. It will not end here. With every victory, this evil will grow.
If your father has his way, we will do nothing. We will hide within our walls, live our lives away from the light, and let darkness descend.
Are we not part of this world?
Tell me, Mellon, when did we let evil become stronger than us?

Does her speech sound like the elves in Tolkien's books?

I think it rings close to Tolkien, though it paints in very broad strokes regarding the nature of good and evil. It works well for the theme of their plot line, but not quite fully Tolkien, to me.

He is an isolationist like his father.
8. Were Evangeline Lilly and Orlando Bloom convincing in thier roles as Elves? Did you think that one of the two was better than the other?

I think Evangeline Lilly was very good, but Legolas was a little wooden.

9. Finally, how will this scene affect Tauriel's and Legolas' decisions after the destruction of Laketown? We know from the first BOFA trailer that they meet up and go on some sort of mission.

I think they will be more unified as they realize the full depths of the evil that is rising, which something that Legolas seemed ignorant of until he fought Bolg, and then became more willing to engage. I think the greatness of the threat will become more apparent as they work together.

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Oct 19 2014, 6:46am

Post #35 of 46 (906 views)
Shortcut
No worries... [In reply to] Can't Post

...it happens to all of us as we get older, Nori-- er, Norio-- er, what was your name again?! Crazy

But I'm getting old and forgetful. No lie, it sucks.

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:31pm

Post #36 of 46 (904 views)
Shortcut
You've hit the nail on the head for me, Glorfindela [In reply to] Can't Post

Was avoiding this CHOW due to my opinions about both Tauriel and the sideplot that's developing, as you've said described. But saw your name next to a latest post on this thread and had to look Smile

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 12:53pm

Post #37 of 46 (899 views)
Shortcut
Great minds think alike, eh, Lurker! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I could also put it another way. TongueWinkCool

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 1:04pm

Post #38 of 46 (899 views)
Shortcut
I'd prefer to think the glass is half-full [In reply to] Can't Post

than the other way round on this most personal of conceit. So please allow me this opportunity to bask in reflected greatnessSmileAngelic

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Glorfindela
Valinor

Oct 19 2014, 1:20pm

Post #39 of 46 (896 views)
Shortcut
I humbly bow before Your Majesty. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
than the other way round on this most personal of conceit. So please allow me this opportunity to bask in reflected greatnessSmileAngelic

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 7:31pm

Post #40 of 46 (878 views)
Shortcut
Does this chapter title have a double meaning? [In reply to] Can't Post

The second question answers the first one...once the characters are introduced, the story needs to follow through with them. Tauriel gives her reasons to Legolas, but there's more that she's not saying. Thranduil's philosophy is opposed to hers--which is that evil must be combatted, and each of us has the responsibility to do so, no matter what we are told to the contrary. I think her personal interest in Kili is the spark that sets her off. Smile I think Legolas follows her because he's (at the very least) her friend and wants to either protect or support her...I think if he brought her back to the Woodland Realm, he would go to bat for her against his father.

BTW, I think the sideways, closed-mouth smile Tauriel gives Legolas is kind of awful. She looks coy or something there, and that seems beneath her.

Yes, she knows he's in danger if he isn't already dead.

I didn't notice that! I think head-on is better. It's more "honest" somehow, and also more determined and combative.

I'm not a linguist or anything...but I would say Tauriel's Elvish is more "earthy" than Arwen's or Galadriel's. It seems more like how someone would actually talk. Switching back and forth is purely for the audience's edification. We can't be reading all the time! Wink

6. Tauriel's speech:

It is our fight. It will not end here. With every victory, this evil will grow.
If your father has his way, we will do nothing. We will hide within our walls, live our lives away from the light, and let darkness descend.
Are we not part of this world?
Tell me, Mellon, when did we let evil become stronger than us?

Does her speech sound like the elves in Tolkien's books?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this, because there's quite a variety of Elves in Tolkien's books. But her speech does reflect a very common theme in Tolkien: that we all, no matter how small, have a responsibility to do what we can against evil.

But I am sure any of Tolkien's Elves would use correct grammar (it's in their genes, right?), even in the Common Tongue: it should be "stronger than we are?"

It's easier, isn't it? It's less painful, and less disturbing in almost every way, to bury your head in the sand and protect yourself when something unpleasant comes up.

8. Were Evangeline Lilly and Orlando Bloom convincing in thier roles as Elves? Did you think that one of the two was better than the other?

I found them convincing. But then, I'm used to seeing Orlando Bloom as an Elf, so perhaps I'm desensitized. Wink I here confess that I've always thought he was a little stiff (or maybe just trying too hard?) as Legolas, and in TH he has much more to do in terms of acting than he did in LOTR.

I think Tauriel has convinced him that they at least need to deal with the Orc pack. Whether they should be sticking around to heal Dwarves, I'm not so sure Legolas is on board with. After that, these two renegade Elves are going to have their hands full of evil, whether they choose it or not.

I like the way this scene opens, with the wasteful killing of some animal (a deer?), as a contrast to Tauriel's mantra. I thought Orcs liked to drink blood, but maybe it's only Dwarf blood. Tongue

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 19 2014, 7:34pm

Post #41 of 46 (870 views)
Shortcut
Do mine eyes deceive me? [In reply to] Can't Post

Cats has participated in a CHOW on time?

AngelicEvilAngelic

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 20 2014, 2:41am

Post #42 of 46 (848 views)
Shortcut
Your kindness becomes your avatar [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank youSmile

Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XIX
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI | XVI

=======

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Oct 20 2014, 11:12pm

Post #43 of 46 (836 views)
Shortcut
I'll just briefly answer the first question... [In reply to] Can't Post

This scene is, obviously, completely non-canon. Opinions about such scenes usually differ widely. Did the scene work for you, or would you rather it had not been in the movie?

Not at all. I was all for Orlando Bloom/Legolas being included in these movies. Same with Evangeline Lily (as a huge fan of Lost (yes, even Kate)). But as it all turned out, other than the mostly winning performance of Evangeline Lily, and a few of her action bits during the Barrels sequence, none of this added material works for me, at all. Not the "this is our fight" scene, not the increasingly silly Legolas stunts, not the Laketown action scenes, and especially not the elf/dwarf/elf romance. And Legolas looks weird.

All of the Tauriel/Legolas stuff could have been left out of the film and it would have been the better for it as far as i'm concerned. We'll see how it fares in BotFA.

(This post was edited by sauget.diblosio on Oct 20 2014, 11:16pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 8:05am

Post #44 of 46 (822 views)
Shortcut
Haha! Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I must have thought I was still a week behind, and hoped to catch up. Tongue

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 21 2014, 11:07am

Post #45 of 46 (820 views)
Shortcut
Hee hee [In reply to] Can't Post

Couldn't resist teasing you a bit, Cats! AngelicWink Glad you could contribute this time around! Smile

In Reply To

I must have thought I was still a week behind,
and hoped to catch up. Tongue

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 21 2014, 9:13pm

Post #46 of 46 (808 views)
Shortcut
Me too! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Glad you could contribute this time around! Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.