Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Three new movies in the Harry Potter - Universe. Excited?
Poll: Three new movies in the Harry Potter - Universe. Excited?
Excited. 3 / 6%
Meh. 11 / 22%
What is Harry Potter? 0 / 0%
Interested. 18 / 37%
Don't care. 15 / 31%
Avada Kedavra! 2 / 4%
49 total votes

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 16 2014, 2:26pm

Post #1 of 14 (537 views)
Shortcut
Three new movies in the Harry Potter - Universe. Excited? Can't Post

"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" will become a trilogy (at least) with movies coming out in 2016, 2018 and 2020.

The screenplay is written by JK Rowling herself.

Director will be David Yates.

What do you think?

Personally, the Harry Potter books and the movies never were that special to me... I discovered Potter in 2000/01 when I also discovered Tolkien - so first the books were over-shadowed by Middle-earth and shortly later the movies were over-shadowed by the LotR trilogy.

I still read and watched them all in the end... but it was never more than okay and "quite cool".

Still interested, though. I love watching clips about Rowling speaking about writing.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Oct 16 2014, 2:26pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Oct 16 2014, 5:14pm

Post #2 of 14 (359 views)
Shortcut
Interested [In reply to] Can't Post

My brother's a big HP fan, but I too have a certain fondness towards the films (and books), especially as I grew up alongside its characters.

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Oct 16 2014, 5:20pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2014, 6:29pm

Post #3 of 14 (347 views)
Shortcut
Dubious. [In reply to] Can't Post

This sounds to me like scratching around to find another story to tell in the lucrative Potter 'verse. I'm interested enough to have a look at the films but my expectations are low.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Oct 16 2014, 7:54pm

Post #4 of 14 (341 views)
Shortcut
Only interested... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and a qualified interest at that.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Oct 16 2014, 9:38pm

Post #5 of 14 (330 views)
Shortcut
Interested... [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll see about the excitement down the road...I have read this book...not entirely sure how it will be made into three movies....so I will see about the excitement part..

Annael
Immortal

Oct 16 2014, 10:00pm

Post #6 of 14 (326 views)
Shortcut
I'm waiting for . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

the three movies based on "The Cat in the Hat."

dubulous
Rohan

Oct 17 2014, 9:24pm

Post #7 of 14 (313 views)
Shortcut
Something between meh and interested [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't particularly care for the Harry Potter movie series even though I am a fan of the books. I didn't feel like the movies ever quite captured the world or the characters of the books. That said, these new ones could be totally different, especially if they manage to cast the main characters well, so I guess I'm semi-interested. It was the main trio and especially Daniel Radcliffe's wooden acting that for the most part failed to sell the movies for me. I actually like him very much as a person based on interviews I've seen, and I think he has improved since HP, but some of his acting as Harry was just painful to watch.

Kim
Valinor

Oct 17 2014, 11:07pm

Post #8 of 14 (307 views)
Shortcut
yeah, me too [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the books, but found the movies ok, mostly because of all of the details they had to cut out, as well as the production design starting with the 3rd one. I also wonder what the new story is going to be in terms of plot, if that's interesting, then could be ok. But how in the world could they make 3 movies out of one book? Tongue

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2014, 11:20pm

Post #9 of 14 (321 views)
Shortcut
Well, Radcliffe's admitted [In reply to] Can't Post

that in some of the later movies he was still drunk from the night before when he was acting. He says he's teetotal now.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2014, 3:54pm

Post #10 of 14 (302 views)
Shortcut
Disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

With all the material there is to work with in the HP universe, I'm disappointed that this is what they chose to expand on. Unsure I would have liked a prequel featuring the founders of Hogwarts, or something along those lines. Oh well.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Oct 18 2014, 5:44pm

Post #11 of 14 (286 views)
Shortcut
Interested. [In reply to] Can't Post

I really do enjoy the Harry Potter movies (especially once the kids get a little older (the third one i think)), but i wouldn't say that i'm a huge fan of the franchise (i've never even once considered reading the books). But yeah, if the first new one looks good, i'd definitely go see it.

phij2
Rivendell

Oct 20 2014, 4:42pm

Post #12 of 14 (261 views)
Shortcut
ok then... [In reply to] Can't Post

i heard there was going to be another movie... but a Trilogy, this certainly feels a bit excessive!

i mean - the films and books were good, but i really don't want them to start spoiling it by trying to drag out more money by expanding the franchise. i also think that, of all the areas to expand on, why this?

Oh well, i will reserve judgement until they are out - they could be a pleasant surprise Smile

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Oct 22 2014, 4:19pm

Post #13 of 14 (253 views)
Shortcut
Cautiously interested [In reply to] Can't Post

If they pull off a kind of magical Indiana Jones-type adventure, that could be cool. But I wasn't overly fond of David Yates' approach to the magic in HP - Alfonso Cuaron's approach was more to my liking.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Oct 24 2014, 12:54am

Post #14 of 14 (285 views)
Shortcut
They're not. [In reply to] Can't Post

They will have original screenplays, written by J. K. Rowling, concerning the life and adventures of fictional character Newt Scamander, who (within the fictional universe of Harry Potter) is the author of that one small book.

Personally I'm not all that excited despite being a big fan of the original books. But they could surprise me, since the author is certainly someone who has written some other stories I love!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.