Bilbo character poster
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Brandywine
The Shire

Oct 14 2014, 6:43pm

Post #26 of 45 (416 views)
Shortcut
Too bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping for a Saruman and Elrond poster, since it is the last Middle Earth movie.

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Oct 14 2014, 7:06pm

Post #27 of 45 (395 views)
Shortcut
I don't mean Ninja Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

slaying orcs with his brand new blade... of course!
But a slightly braver version of Bilbo who can at least try to fight and take some part in the battle, instead of being knocked out as soon as the fighting begins.

His journey seems to have brought him to this point in my opinion, but ours are just conjectures after all...

leonmuse
Rivendell

Oct 14 2014, 7:14pm

Post #28 of 45 (412 views)
Shortcut
My take on the Dwarves farewell song to Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

Grab the sword
Slash the orcs
War and death
Let's give support
Loss of friends
And for pride's sake?
That's all Bilbo Baggins hates.

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier
world. But, sad or merry, I must leave it now.
Farewell."

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 7:23pm

Post #29 of 45 (389 views)
Shortcut
Aren't they all from Desolation of Smaug? [In reply to] Can't Post

Other than Thranduil, I'm pretty sure all of these images are highly Photoshopped screencaps from Desolation of Smaug? If I had time I'd track them all down.

But I think that Bard is from the Thorin & Master conversation, Bilbo is from Mirkwood, Thorin is when he's speaking to Bilbo in Erebor?

Not sure, but they all look familiar anyway.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Oct 14 2014, 7:24pm

Post #30 of 45 (382 views)
Shortcut
Saruman [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya I wanted one too, and Elrond also would've been cool :(

Who knows maybe they'll show up in one of the group posters that will appear later (I don't think WB is done putting out posters for this movie).

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 14 2014, 8:06pm

Post #31 of 45 (373 views)
Shortcut
WAy Long ago Pj commented that... [In reply to] Can't Post

Direction of Characters on Screen..

Protagonistz (Herozz) are positioned..
Lookin' & workin' ..
LEFT to Right..
LIKE you read any.. BOOK?

Neutral Guys are Face Forward in your Face

Antagonistzz are Positioned on Screen..on the Right
..Lookin'
LEFT?

EXAMPLE the ENTiRE Fellowship was shot walkin' & Running
Left to Right
across the Screen
each time they journeyed South towards Mordor..

Orcs were on Screen on the Right side
Lookin' &
Walkin' & Looking Right to Left?

AS Treebeard said..."I always like going South
It feelzz like goin' down HILL?"

SSOoo. puttin' them together thiz
Tabloid SET makes perfect sense.

THREE Herozz are Lookin From Left to Right
Bard, looking on Screen Right to Left
towards them
Leggy & Tauriel TOO?

Sota, maybe, kinda?

bom
Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Oct 14 2014, 8:09pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 14 2014, 8:07pm

Post #32 of 45 (363 views)
Shortcut
There's still plenty of time left. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd be very surprised if we don't get another set of character posters in a month or so. They might decide to concentrate on the Dwarves next time.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Oct 14 2014, 8:20pm

Post #33 of 45 (347 views)
Shortcut
The good, the bad, and the DIRTY! [In reply to] Can't Post

Darn clean elves!

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Oct 14 2014, 9:02pm

Post #34 of 45 (332 views)
Shortcut
Disappointed [In reply to] Can't Post

Somehow Bilbo's expression just doesn't seem appropriate. To me it makes him look rather sour and sullen. It's too negative. I'd rather see a soulful or brave hobbit. What does everyone else read in his face? I still think the one of him kneeling is the most powerful (though his face is hidden).

As to MF's less-than-hobbit-sized pores, I stopped noticing them a long time ago. Cool

"If not us, who? If not now, when?" HeforShe

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 14 2014, 9:12pm

Post #35 of 45 (334 views)
Shortcut
I think Bilbo looks concerned [In reply to] Can't Post

or worried, or maybe just pensive. His lips do have a weird twist to them, which could be interpreted as annoyance about something. (Probably that the Elves are hogging the cleansing products. Angelic)

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 14 2014, 10:34pm

Post #36 of 45 (297 views)
Shortcut
ROFLOL stahp.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Or someone absconded with the tomatoes. Again.

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 14 2014, 11:50pm

Post #37 of 45 (278 views)
Shortcut
Our war-torn hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks good!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 2:11am

Post #38 of 45 (257 views)
Shortcut
Interesting expression there, Bilbo [In reply to] Can't Post

Compared to the options of serious concern or ICY DEATH STARE we've got with the other posters, he seems almost sanguine, especially with that little lip quirk. He continues to be all ready to take what ADVENTURE throws at him, even Dwarven (mis)interpretation of contractual obligations on his partTongue Nothing fazes our Hobbit for long.

Though... really overall, not impressed with this series of banners.

Got to wonder, will the rest of the Dwarven company or other characters get a go? I think it's time the Moth get some recognition at leastLaugh

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Oct 15 2014, 2:12am

Post #39 of 45 (251 views)
Shortcut
Yup [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd thought so too, with all the totally un-Hobbity display of warrior skill Bilbo's been about.Smile Will be interesting, his POV of Battle.

"I'll say dark and gritty, which, with the Elvenking, translates as Hot and Sexy. Cool" - vanima ephel

I fancy myself an ME BFF (Book/Film Fan) Smile

Heart Thranduil Appreciation
Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies. Threadcount: XVIII
I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare! Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

Farficom
Rivendell

Oct 15 2014, 7:00am

Post #40 of 45 (237 views)
Shortcut
When it snows... [In reply to] Can't Post

It pores, apparently.

(This post was edited by Farficom on Oct 15 2014, 7:02am)

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2014, 12:09pm

Post #41 of 45 (217 views)
Shortcut
*snicker* Maybe Gandalf will rethink arming the Hobbit... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Restock my pantry. Now."

“Tollers,” Lewis said to Tolkien, “there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves.”

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2014, 3:08pm

Post #42 of 45 (197 views)
Shortcut
LOL! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Riven Delve
Tol Eressea

Oct 15 2014, 3:11pm

Post #43 of 45 (200 views)
Shortcut
Interesting point, Bomby. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to keep an eye out for that left --> right idea as we go along! Cool

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 6:28pm

Post #44 of 45 (187 views)
Shortcut
*snicker* unless you are an elf [In reply to] Can't Post

with the exception of Legolas - perhaps OVERCOMPENSATION?

Evil

Avandel
Half-elven

Oct 15 2014, 6:34pm

Post #45 of 45 (186 views)
Shortcut
Nope, have seen the Bilbo banner [In reply to] Can't Post

Beginning to look like Merry's light is about to be o'er shadowed, but Bilbo is still short so perhaps he will gain some ninja-elf moves by way of compensation before the battle.

Still, warrior Bilbo IMO is way better than the original *cough* IMO Cool. But for sure no-one will ever take Bilbo's tomatoes again Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.