Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
It comes in print, but it's about the films.

squire
Half-elven

Oct 11 2014, 7:19pm

Post #1 of 4 (152 views)
Shortcut
It comes in print, but it's about the films. Can't Post

Shouldn't this ad for the hardcopy TORn book about the Hobbit films really be on the Hobbit Movie board rather than the Reading Room board?

It's mostly harmless, I know, but the ad itself suggests you shelve the book, with its "real pages packed with hobbity goodness for you to hold in your hand", next to your copies of the films that "the book is all about"!

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd & 4th TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion and NOW the 1st BotR Discussion too! and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 11 2014, 8:07pm

Post #2 of 4 (95 views)
Shortcut
Haha! I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually moved it to Main (since it's a TORn book) with a link to it on the Hobbit board (because it's about the Hobbit films). I'm sure the person who posted it to the news didn't understand what type of discussion the Reading Room is traditionally used for. All in all, an honest mistake when deciding where to post news about a book.

Thanks for pointing it out. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

DanielLB
Immortal

Oct 11 2014, 11:40pm

Post #3 of 4 (91 views)
Shortcut
I was going to mention this in the thread ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I very nearly ordered the book from the US Amazon as I presumed it wouldn't be available in the UK (like the TORn Hobbit magazine in 2012). The homepage article only shows to the US website, after all. It's saved me import tax by checking first.

Perhaps we could add the link to the UK site, I presume (and hope ... since it is now ordered) this is the correct link? Alternatively, it might just be worth noting that you can order it from Amazon.com, .co.uk, .fr, .de, .es .....

Altaira
Superuser

Oct 12 2014, 12:03am

Post #4 of 4 (138 views)
Shortcut
Done! [In reply to] Can't Post

I added an update to the story (and gave you credit). Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.