Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So what is the actual release date of this film!?

boldog
Rohan

Oct 2 2014, 9:42am

Post #1 of 18 (1261 views)
Shortcut
So what is the actual release date of this film!? Can't Post

I look at certain places and i always get confused. The Trailer says december 17th. But is that in America? I was looking on IMDB and it says that it will be released in New Zealand on the 11th of december.
Is this true? Or has IMDB got it wrong.

I really need help with this, as i will be in new zealand on the 11th, and if i miss out ill have to wait until december 26th in Australia. Which is utterly painful!!

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Arannir
Valinor

Oct 2 2014, 9:58am

Post #2 of 18 (831 views)
Shortcut
11th for NZ should be correct. [In reply to] Can't Post

It comes out on the 10th and 11th in several countries, especially Europe and it also said so in the German and French teasers.

At first I expected the US date to eventually move to the 10th/11th as well, but now I am pretty certain that it is meant to be like that.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

boldog
Rohan

Oct 2 2014, 10:06am

Post #3 of 18 (796 views)
Shortcut
I hope you are right! [In reply to] Can't Post

That just soothed a huge fear of having to wait.
Thankyou

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Starling
Half-elven

Oct 2 2014, 10:06am

Post #4 of 18 (830 views)
Shortcut
Have a look [In reply to] Can't Post

here.

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 2 2014, 2:22pm

Post #5 of 18 (748 views)
Shortcut
If the U.S. date is the 17th [In reply to] Can't Post

does that mean the midnight or 10pm showing is the night before, at 10pm on the 16th? and midnight into the early morning hours of the 17th? Or does it mean the midnight or 10pm showings are the night of the 17th?
I want to see it at the first available daytime showing, e.g. around 10am. I'm still trying to figure out if that's going to be 10am on the 17th or 10am on the 18th LaughCrazy???

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 2 2014, 2:31pm

Post #6 of 18 (739 views)
Shortcut
Some help [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha, it can be confusing! For you, the 10am screening will be on the 17th. The midnight showings, while usually a minute or two after midnight, can be though of as being on the 16th (especially with the trends of 7pm, 9pm, 10pm early screenings that night).

Or you can think of it as early morning on the 17th...whichever works for you. CrazyCool Hope that helps!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 2 2014, 3:00pm

Post #7 of 18 (690 views)
Shortcut
Thank you!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I felt silly being confused but I couldn't find an answer anywhere Blush. Now I know which daytime showing to plan on - the 17th. Thanks so much SmileSmileHeartSmileSmile!

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 2 2014, 3:03pm

Post #8 of 18 (691 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I envy you for going to that 10am screening. I'll be in the middle of a teary-eyed slumber then, after getting home around 4. Angelic

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2014, 11:38pm

Post #9 of 18 (628 views)
Shortcut
If world Premiere is in Wellingotn again [In reply to] Can't Post

...will they do other "premieres" like they did with DOS? I was hoping for a NYC premiere for BOFA in the US. The LA premiere for DOS was cheap looking next to the splash Berlin put on with its huge Smaug and such. Maybe NYC could do better?

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Moahunter
Rohan

Oct 3 2014, 1:49am

Post #10 of 18 (621 views)
Shortcut
I would be very, very surprised if the world Premiere is in Wellington. [In reply to] Can't Post

But is there any news about where and when the world Premiere will be?
London has been rumoured but that was quite some time ago.
There is an unconfirmed rumour that something will be happening in Wellington but I doubt it would be at the AUJ in 2012 level.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 3 2014, 2:49am

Post #11 of 18 (608 views)
Shortcut
Oh! I thought it was already a done deal [In reply to] Can't Post

Given the fan contest was flying winners to Wellington.

Huh, well then... I wonder - when they will announce?

I'm still hoping the studio PTB decide to give the fans a treat and do another trilogy at least. All 6 movies would be phenomenal but I'm not holding my breath.

Saw this exchange on Tumblr. The last comment - now that's a fan!

THIS WILL BE SUCH A LONG MARATHON AND I AM SO READY

That’s prob about 12 hours
extended lotr alone is 11 hours and 22 minutes.
LOTR Extended = 681 minutes
Hobbit 1 Extended = 182 minutes
Hobbit 2 Extended = approx. 186 minutes
Let’s say Hobbit 3 Extended is at least 185 minutes
The full marathon run time will be around 1234 minutes, or 20 hours 30 minutes.
#perfect that leaves 3 and a half hours for snack runs and pee breaks

Kim
Valinor

Oct 3 2014, 2:58am

Post #12 of 18 (592 views)
Shortcut
Oh shoot [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking it was the evening of the 17th into the early morning of the 18th and have already blocked my calendar at work that I won't be in til noon. Guess I'd better switch that! I too expect to be teary eyed at 4am and not functional for quite some time after. Unsure

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Moahunter
Rohan

Oct 3 2014, 3:45am

Post #13 of 18 (614 views)
Shortcut
The fan contest winners..................... [In reply to] Can't Post

will be seeing a final cut in early November. However many of them can find the air fare to NZ.

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Oct 3 2014, 3:51am

Post #14 of 18 (596 views)
Shortcut
Whoa - good thing I didn't enter. [In reply to] Can't Post

Imagine winning and then not being able to get there. Unsure

Considering how much money these movies make, that is mighty tight-fisted. Crazy

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 3 2014, 10:15am

Post #15 of 18 (562 views)
Shortcut
The air fare is paid for... [In reply to] Can't Post

However, in some countries, you might have to pay tax on the value of the total journey.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Bombadil
Half-elven

Oct 3 2014, 1:06pm

Post #16 of 18 (554 views)
Shortcut
The Hutt is correct once again...NEVER Underestimate ..OUR.. [In reply to] Can't Post

HUTT...
HE is so kind to produce so much
HELP
HERE...

bomby
HAS grown to fully
Expect &
Respect his correct input.

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Oct 3 2014, 1:14pm)

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 3 2014, 1:19pm

Post #17 of 18 (544 views)
Shortcut
Well... basically... [In reply to] Can't Post

if your country is not covered by Air NZ (like Russia, for example), you indeed have to pay the fair to the next AirNZ hub.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Moahunter
Rohan

Oct 3 2014, 7:35pm

Post #18 of 18 (532 views)
Shortcut
My apologies, you are correct. [In reply to] Can't Post

I could have sworn that I read, in the conditions, that it did not include air fares.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.