EE - digital copy or physical disc?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2014, 6:51pm

Post #26 of 31 (195 views)
Shortcut
Go to the main iTunes page... [In reply to] Can't Post

...then click on "Purchased" under Quick Links (on the right side of the screen). Then find the U2 album, click on the "X" on the top left hand corner of the album cover (it appears when you put your mouse over the cover). It will say "Are you sure you want to hide this purchase?" Click "Hide" and the album will no longer appear in your Cloud.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 2 2014, 8:19pm

Post #27 of 31 (168 views)
Shortcut
Ah, yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

"You can hide, but you can't delete." Wink

"My friend,” said Gandalf, “you had horses, and deeds of arms, and the free fields; but she, born in the body of a maid, had a spirit and courage at least the match of yours. Yet she was doomed to wait upon an old man, whom she loved as a father, and watch him falling into a mean dishonoured dotage; and her part seemed to her more ignoble than that of the staff he leaned on.
“Think you that Wormtongue had poison only for Théoden's ears? ‘Dotard! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among their dogs?’ Have you not heard those words before? Saruman spoke them, the teacher of Wormtongue. Though I do not doubt that Wormtongue at home wrapped their meaning in terms more cunning. My lord, if your sister's love for you, and her will still bent to her duty, had not restrained her lips; you might have heard even such things as these escape them. But who knows what she spoke to the darkness, alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all her life seemed shrinking, and the walls of her bower closing in about her, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in?”

“I'm gonna wash Rohan right outa my hair,
I'm gonna wash Rohan right outa my hair,
And I’ll be on my way!

“If a land don't understand you,
No matter how many regimes,
Saddle up, do not wait,
Don’t waste time at the weapontake.
Muster out of that roll call.
Ride Windfola out to your dreams!

“If the house of Eorl is nothing more,
Than a barn where brigands drink,
Their brats and dogs roll on the floor,
Then you know what the door is for,
Muster out of that roll call,
Wash Rohan into the sink!

And I’ll be on my way!"

-Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Lord of the Rings

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2014, 8:23pm

Post #28 of 31 (177 views)
Shortcut
Delete it from where though? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not like it's stuck on your computer. You can delete it easily from there. The process I just relayed removes it from your Cloud. Whether it calls it "hiding", "removing" or "deleting" doesn't really matter. It's semantics.

Unless you absolutely desire all traces of it eradicated from a tiny little hidden corner of your Account Information section. Then, sure, I guess it's still a problem. Does it bother you that much? Tongue

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Oct 2 2014, 8:28pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 2 2014, 8:38pm

Post #29 of 31 (171 views)
Shortcut
Recap [In reply to] Can't Post

They can autodownload stuff and make it nearly impossible to remove.

(Figure out how to delete U2's "Songs of Innocence" yet?)

Yes, that bothered a *lot* of people!

"My friend,” said Gandalf, “you had horses, and deeds of arms, and the free fields; but she, born in the body of a maid, had a spirit and courage at least the match of yours. Yet she was doomed to wait upon an old man, whom she loved as a father, and watch him falling into a mean dishonoured dotage; and her part seemed to her more ignoble than that of the staff he leaned on.
“Think you that Wormtongue had poison only for Théoden's ears? ‘Dotard! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among their dogs?’ Have you not heard those words before? Saruman spoke them, the teacher of Wormtongue. Though I do not doubt that Wormtongue at home wrapped their meaning in terms more cunning. My lord, if your sister's love for you, and her will still bent to her duty, had not restrained her lips; you might have heard even such things as these escape them. But who knows what she spoke to the darkness, alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all her life seemed shrinking, and the walls of her bower closing in about her, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in?”

And I’ll be on my way!

“If a land don't understand you,
No matter how many regimes,
Saddle up, do not wait,
Don’t waste time at the weapontake.
Muster out of that roll call.
Ride Windfola out to your dreams!

“If the house of Eorl is nothing more,
Than a barn where brigands drink,
Their brats and dogs roll on the floor,
Then you know what the door is for,
Muster out of that roll call,
Wash Rohan into the sink!

And I’ll be on my way!"

-Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Lord of the Rings

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 3 2014, 1:16am

Post #30 of 31 (150 views)
Shortcut
I have no patience that way either, lol [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I want to head straight to TORn after my first viewing and discuss
away with those who did not possess the courage to abstain.

I'll be here as soon as it's available, in any way, shape or form Laugh.

TheHutt
Gondor

Oct 3 2014, 10:18am

Post #31 of 31 (165 views)
Shortcut
My biggest concern in Digital vs Physical... [In reply to] Can't Post

...when you buy a physical disc, you own it. There are limitations on what you can do with it, but the disc is yours.

When you buy a digital file, you don't own it. You purchase rights to watch it, but it's still owned by Warner / Apple / whoever. For instance, you can only watch it as long as the DRM servers run.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.