Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Might as well get ready for this (spoiler)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Sep 29 2014, 4:24pm

Post #1 of 7 (1285 views)
Shortcut
Might as well get ready for this (spoiler) Can't Post

Found this pic in Deviant Art: http://www.deviantart.com/...e-Mountain-455948527

We all know it's going to happen (sniff)Unsure Great pic, though - I wish I could draw like that!

Why yes, I DO look like Anna Friel!

(This post was edited by Eledhwen on Sep 30 2014, 6:19am)

Faleel
Rohan

Sep 29 2014, 4:26pm

Post #2 of 7 (526 views)
Shortcut
Might wanna [In reply to] Can't Post

spoiler warning this ;)

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 29 2014, 4:30pm

Post #3 of 7 (488 views)
Shortcut
Isn't this more of a FanArt topic? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 29 2014, 7:43pm

Post #4 of 7 (439 views)
Shortcut
Not for me [In reply to] Can't Post

IMO Thorin/Fili/Kili fans should not be robbed of their JOY when there is much more goodness to be had in the upcoming EE (hope).TongueTongueTongue

We all know what's comingFrown...but in the end, these movies for me were more about the journey...for me, not about focusing on a single part of a character arc. Frown
As it is - and this was a nice enough image - I dread the plethora of cringe-worthy artwork and bad You-Tube videos that are sure to follow - there's already stuff out there I trip over. Wonder how many cheesy depictions of the Heirs of Durin with angel wings that will get cranked outUnimpressed

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

phij2
Rivendell

Oct 1 2014, 8:26pm

Post #5 of 7 (182 views)
Shortcut
sniff... [In reply to] Can't Post

a tear slowly rolls down my cheek.

note to self: remember to take lots of tissues to the cinema Crazy Unsure

Also this is actually a really good picture, when you look at it more closely, you see details that really jerk the tears!

Bard'sBlackArrow
Lorien

Oct 2 2014, 12:41am

Post #6 of 7 (167 views)
Shortcut
I agree... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
IMO Thorin/Fili/Kili fans should not be robbed of their JOY when there is much more goodness to be had in the upcoming EE (hope).TongueTongueTongue

We all know what's comingFrown...but in the end, these movies for me were more about the journey...for me, not about focusing on a single part of a character arc. Frown
As it is - and this was a nice enough image - I dread the plethora of cringe-worthy artwork and bad You-Tube videos that are sure to follow - there's already stuff out there I trip over. Wonder how many cheesy depictions of the Heirs of Durin with angel wings that will get cranked outUnimpressed

Agreed. As someone who cringes at the thought of the rethink of characters I love in some fan art/fan fiction, as much as there are a plethora of super talented fans out there, I wouldn't want to see that.

... on the other side of tomorrow...

Arveldis
Rivendell

Oct 4 2014, 3:47am

Post #7 of 7 (144 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful picture. [In reply to] Can't Post

Although heartbreaking. Unsure The tiny details in it are amazing.

One of my favorite images on this topic is this banner (My first image post! *happy dance* Let's hope it's not too large...I tried to resize it.):

I think it's true. They may die in the film, and we'll all sob, but they will still live on (in our hearts and DVDs). We've always got AUJ and DoS to watch again. There are always clips to watch on YouTube (over and over, if you're like me). And like Avandel said, the movies are more about the journey than just one part. There's the whole adventure to enjoy! And their deaths show just how noble and, in the case of Fili and Kili, how selfless their characters are. We may hate to see it, but it really drives home a point and adds to their character arc.

Look at it this way: they die in BotFA, but you pop in AUJ and they're back alive again. Smile

Although I think I will have to mentally prepare myself before going to see the movie this December. And bring lots and lots of Kleenexes and some chocolate to cope (after all, chocolate helps with everything Wink).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.