Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
poor kitty named frodo beaten by kids, broke her jaw, now is scheduled to be killed if no one fosters or adopts

Maciliel
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 3:26pm

Post #1 of 10 (247 views)
Shortcut
poor kitty named frodo beaten by kids, broke her jaw, now is scheduled to be killed if no one fosters or adopts Can't Post

https://m.facebook.com/...;notif_t=photo_reply

poor kitty named frodo beaten by kids, broke her jaw, now is scheduled to be killed today if no one steps up to foster or adopt..

please look, and think that you can save her...

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 26 2014, 9:45pm

Post #2 of 10 (145 views)
Shortcut
This is horrible! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope she will be okay! Heart

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 10:20pm

Post #3 of 10 (148 views)
Shortcut
I was actually ready to go get him [In reply to] Can't Post

although a cat is not a good fit for us right now--but the shelter is just too far away.Frown

Maciliel
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 10:47pm

Post #4 of 10 (139 views)
Shortcut
i'm not sure where you live... [In reply to] Can't Post

you don't have to be close by to adopt !!!
...but the cool thing is that the mayor's alliance will provide free transport up to 4 hours away from nyc to any adopter (or to a someone who is fostering on behalf of a rescue, which officially adopts the cat / dog).

some rescues help with long-distance adoptions
anjellicle cat rescue is one of those... apply to them.

the acc puts out a kill list every night for cats and dogs from its three locations (brooklyn, staten island, manhatten). every night the rescues go through the same drill, trying to save as many lives as they can. it's been a brutal summer, and the regular fosters are full, which is why they need new people to step up to foster (or adopt).

the acc starts killing at noon, but they can't kill them all right away, so there's always a scramble to the last second, sometimes right as they are wheeling them into the killing room, to save their lives.

if you are serious about trying to save her life, post on her thread that you're interested --- i'm a foster for one of the rescue organizations, and can help you through the process.
fill out an application with anjellicle cat rescue...

http://anjelliclecats.com

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Maciliel
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 10:51pm

Post #5 of 10 (131 views)
Shortcut
here is a better link [In reply to] Can't Post

here is a better link (more laptop / computer-friendly)...

https://www.facebook.com/...ype=1&permPage=1

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Maciliel
Valinor

Sep 26 2014, 11:02pm

Post #6 of 10 (140 views)
Shortcut
also please consider this beautiful soul.. [In reply to] Can't Post

+beautiful+ 3-year-old kitty....

inexperienced owner dumped him at the shelter because he got "bottle-brush tail" when one of her kids scared him.

she states that he has +never+ scratched or bitten anyone, is always gentle, and never even got spatty with the dog, even when it cornered him. the +only+ reason mason's owner dumped him at the shelter is because she was concerned about what he "might do" -- she didn't know what to make of the way cats can fluff up their tail when they're scared. (!)

please consider helping mason out... he's living on borrowed time now, and could be killed any minute...

https://www.facebook.com/...ype=1&permPage=1

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Sep 26 2014, 11:30pm

Post #7 of 10 (128 views)
Shortcut
That's good information. Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was, unfortunately, responding instinctively, not rationally. A cat would not be safe with my (50 lb) dog, who is extremely jealous of other pets (except for the Guinea pig--who I don't let out unless the dog is in another room) and it wouldn't be right to make the poor cat suffer twice.

I'm so sorry.

You have done a wonderful thing, and increased the odds of a rescue significantly.Evil

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 27 2014, 1:10am

Post #8 of 10 (114 views)
Shortcut
how many TORn members do we have living in Manhattan? // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Maciliel
Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 1:20am

Post #9 of 10 (117 views)
Shortcut
,adopters don't need to be in manhattan-- could be anywhere in the country [In reply to] Can't Post

adopters don't need to be in manhattan-- could be anywhere in the country...

rescues will work out long-distance transport to you....

all she needs is a foster (within 2 hours of the city... si ny, nj, pa, ct) or adopter (+++anywhere in the country+++).

cheers--

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Maciliel
Valinor

Sep 27 2014, 10:50am

Post #10 of 10 (132 views)
Shortcut
mason is now dead [In reply to] Can't Post

it is too late for mason.

mason is now dead.

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.