First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

VValar
Gondor

Sep 26 2014, 5:48pm

Post #201 of 206 (2958 views)
Shortcut
     Re Leggy [In reply to]  

In Reply To

Nicely put. I think this goes back to my conflict about the two Legolases. The DoS Legolas made sense, and I believe he passed the zen state to get to that before we see him in DoS, but how does he "regress", imo, to that zennish state in we saw in LotR? Gah, I'm not even sure I'm making sense anymoreTongue

Agreed, DOS Legolas makes perfect sense to me as well. But, like you, I'm also very curious how he is going to transform during the last film, or how the BoFA events will eventually 'change' him into the Elf we see in LotR. Lol about being blinded by his Elven beauty and not being able to objectively criticise his acting abilities, yeah that happend to me too.
But can you really blame us?

Another thing, PJ could easily have told OB to tone it down a notch with the attitude in DOS so he would resemble LotR Legolas more. But he didn't, and obviously for a reason (???) That's one more thing to add to our evergrowing list of reasons we would like to see BOFA very very much.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 8:08pm

Post #202 of 206 (2934 views)
Shortcut
     I did it! [In reply to]  

The time-capsule thing is an awesome idea, Lurker! My capsule is now finished and submitted.Smile

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 8:37pm

Post #203 of 206 (2935 views)
Shortcut
     Value of mithril [In reply to]  

Mithril seems worth killing for. So I'd guess if anyone's just strutting about with Mithril, he's like a walking neon sign: "Come and get it!".

So something's got to go over the mithril to avoid ostentation and unwanted attention.

Good point about the value of mithril. I had forgotten about that.

They didn't emphasis it quite as much in the movie, but it reminds me how in the FOTR book Frodo was extremely hesitant to reveal the Mithril shirt until he absolutely had to because it was such a "kingly gift". Unlike the movie, he didn't have time to mention it while they were still in Moria because he went unconscious when the troll skewered him and Aragorn had to carry him as the Fellowship ran until he woke up. After Gandalf fell, everyone forgot to wonder how Frodo had survived the skewering and it didn't come up again until they were well away from Moria and Legolas reminded Aragorn that the hobbits were injured and struggling to keep up with the forced march. Then when Aragorn tried to help them, Frodo took forever to let him look at the "injury" because he still didn't want to reveal the mithril.

I guess if it's so valuable that Frodo would worry about even the members of the Fellowship knowing about it, it must be pretty special.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 26 2014, 9:01pm

Post #204 of 206 (2932 views)
Shortcut
     Maximum fabulocity exposure :D [In reply to]  

Especially Theoden's horse, looks like he's got some sort of protection around his entire body, like a rug of some sort. But nothing on Bubba... maybe he won't ride him into battle after all and is just used to get from point A to point B, with maximum fabulosity exposure?

Hmm, I'm not sure how much protection the blanket on Theoden's horse would really provide. Other than a little protection from the slashing motion of swords I imagine arrows and stabbing motions would go right through it even if it's thick. If it really is a blanket, it may just serve to visually differentiate the King's horse from the others.

In Bubba's case, he doesn't need to be differentiated because he's huge, and the other elves are all on foot. I think it's more likely that he'll end up being nothing more than maximum fabulocity exposure for Thranduil as the elves go to help the people of Laketown. It would be hard for Bubba to move through Dale with that rack of antlers anyway, so that might be for the best.Wink

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Gondor

Sep 26 2014, 9:17pm

Post #205 of 206 (2957 views)
Shortcut
     Surfing Leggy [In reply to]  

So we really have Thranduil to thank for Leggy's surfing skills:

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 26 2014, 9:23pm

Post #206 of 206 (2947 views)
Shortcut
     204? Already! [In reply to]  

I can just imagine it when the promos for BotFA start coming out - you'll be running through a thread every two hours! Laugh

Okay, Thralls, it's time for...XV!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.