New pics !

Guert
Rivendell

Sep 19 2014, 9:16pm

Post #1 of 19 (2759 views)
Shortcut
New pics ! Can't Post

https://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/...rr-der-ringe-film.de

From a german magazine ! Haven't seen those yet. Is this an Iron Hill dwarf on the 4th pic ? Or maybe more a goblin in armor ?

(This post was edited by Guert on Sep 19 2014, 9:18pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 19 2014, 9:37pm

Post #2 of 19 (1341 views)
Shortcut
That is a goblin ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

The last must be where they get their armour from which they wore in the zeaser, walking by Thorin and Bilbo.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 19 2014, 9:51pm

Post #3 of 19 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Oh my gosh! [In reply to] Can't Post

That armour looks pretty awesome Cool

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Sep 19 2014, 10:49pm

Post #4 of 19 (1175 views)
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like a prosthetic Orc to me.

VValar
Gondor

Sep 19 2014, 10:53pm

Post #5 of 19 (1225 views)
Shortcut
Looking goooooood [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil looks like someone you really don't want to mess with.
And Legolas is just chillin' in the background.

Thanks for posting

SafeUnderHill
Rohan

Sep 19 2014, 11:25pm

Post #6 of 19 (1175 views)
Shortcut
That [In reply to] Can't Post

That ain't Orlando Bloom, might be Legolas's stunt double or more likely an elven warrior.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Sep 20 2014, 12:10am

Post #7 of 19 (1130 views)
Shortcut
Love the Bard one! [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like the one in an Asian magazine someone posted recently.

"And so they stood on the walls of the city of Gondor, and a great wind rose and blew, and their hair, raven and golden, streamed out mingling in the air."

Peterthorn of Rohan
Rivendell

Sep 20 2014, 8:16am

Post #8 of 19 (968 views)
Shortcut
Great! Any translation of the article? [In reply to] Can't Post

Last year CINEMA offered a lot of spoilery information!

Carne
Tol Eressea

Sep 20 2014, 11:23am

Post #9 of 19 (914 views)
Shortcut
Looks like Bloom to me [In reply to] Can't Post

Wearing a jacket over his costume.

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 20 2014, 7:16pm

Post #10 of 19 (807 views)
Shortcut
Doesn't look like him to me [In reply to] Can't Post

Wrong facial structure to be Orlando. (Trust me, I'm obsessed with his face. I know these things.Wink) I think it's a stand-in.

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

(This post was edited by Eruvandi on Sep 20 2014, 7:16pm)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 20 2014, 7:22pm

Post #11 of 19 (805 views)
Shortcut
*THUD* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil looks like he's ready to kick butt!Cool

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

VValar
Gondor

Sep 20 2014, 8:13pm

Post #12 of 19 (792 views)
Shortcut
Leggy [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL, I'm sure you know these type of things seeing as you probably made a study out of watching pictures of Pretty! (and there's nothing wrong with that, believe me).
I must admit I wasn't entirely sure it was OB either, that's why I stated it was Legolas standing in the background (that's a pretty general observation Tongue). But it was hard to tell due to it's LR.
And yes Thranduil looks breathtaking Heart

(This post was edited by VValar on Sep 20 2014, 8:13pm)

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 20 2014, 11:33pm

Post #13 of 19 (734 views)
Shortcut
Same here. [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems like I remember seeing him in this outfit in one of the later vlogs, too.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

jkm7
Bree

Sep 21 2014, 10:43am

Post #14 of 19 (728 views)
Shortcut
spoilers: excerpt from the article [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen the whole article myself yet, still trying to find that magazine in shops or some scans online, but an exerpt apparently says that:

Orcs have begun to hunt the surviving ppl from Laketown who had fled into the ruins of Dale and to attack them with swords and axes until finally an army of elves from Mirkwood defeat the orcs.
Thranduil stares at the killed elves in a mixture of sadness and anger and is then approached by Gandalf who asks him to help against the forces of darkness. However, Thranduil replies that enough blood of the elves has been spilled already.

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 21 2014, 12:24pm

Post #15 of 19 (691 views)
Shortcut
That explains... [In reply to] Can't Post

... the wolves attacking the chariot before the Bot5A begins.

I really like that twist, though.

It adds to the tension between Bard/Thorin/Thranduil... because Thranduil will surely blame Thorin for it, having set in motion the events that led to Laketown being destroyed (in denial of his own guilt for marching on the mountain as soon as he heard the treasure might be within reach). At least that is imho a likely way for this to play out on screen. Sounds really good.

We should open its own thread for it as soon as we have confirmation that this is what it says in teh article.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

jkm7
Bree

Sep 21 2014, 3:09pm

Post #16 of 19 (635 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

Would be nice to see scans somewhere to know whether the information is really true.
The only thing I can say for sure is that the caption on the first page says: we've been to the set and saw detroyed towns and elves covered in blood.

Kim
Valinor

Sep 21 2014, 4:52pm

Post #17 of 19 (623 views)
Shortcut
Here's the translation [In reply to] Can't Post

Courtesy of the Heirs of Durin: http://thorinoakenshield.net/...-in-cinema-magazine/

Interesting excerpt:

Text in one of the boxes:
The plot of the film: While Smaug destroys Esgaroth the dwarves under the lead of a slowly going mad Thorin entrench inside Erebor. While the wargs and orcs head for the mountain, elves, men and dwarves form an alliance in the “Battle of Five Armies” against enemies that act under the influence of the Necromancer.

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

VValar
Gondor

Sep 21 2014, 6:18pm

Post #18 of 19 (586 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for sharing [In reply to] Can't Post

Reading those little snippets make me even more curious to watch it play out on screen. Can't wait! Smile

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 22 2014, 12:09am

Post #19 of 19 (568 views)
Shortcut
lol [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
(Trust me, I'm obsessed with his face. I know these things.Wink)

I hear you there, Eruvandi Wink. Good looking guy for sure! But a stand-in Smile.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.