Thizz "Veil of Concealment"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 19 2014, 11:32am

Post #1 of 3 (511 views)
Shortcut
Thizz "Veil of Concealment" Can't Post

Interesting TOPIC?

1.WAS it ever brought up in Tolkien's Bookzz?

2. Izz it a NEW Invention?

ANYONE? know...

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 19 2014, 11:39am

Post #2 of 3 (328 views)
Shortcut
Opps? "Spell" of Concealment? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is THAT something only
Wizards can Control?

Is there some SECRET compartment?
in Gandalfzz STAFF

Crazy

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 19 2014, 11:48am

Post #3 of 3 (347 views)
Shortcut
Girdle of Melian [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, not this one in particular, of course.

But - to me - the Girdle of Melian surrounding Doriath in Beleriand is a very similar concept. A spell of "concealment" (in one form or the other) - cast by a Maia spirit - is, therefore, nothing alien to Middle-earth.

It has a certain logic, therefore, that Gandalf as a Maia can break a spell cast by another Maia.

The Three Elven Rings must have possessed a similar power as well, as Nenya and Vilya seem to have played a major role in protecting Lothlorien and Rivendell.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

(This post was edited by Arannir on Sep 19 2014, 11:52am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.