Hobbit Battle of the Five Armies Exclusive Tapestry Revealed
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 17 2014, 4:36am

Post #76 of 80 (515 views)
Shortcut
yeah Fili! [In reply to] Can't Post

AGREE about Fili - Dean looks every inch a jaw-dropping warrior and a true heir right by Thorin. Really happy about the Durin section of the banner. And Bilbo looks great. I also liked the way Smaug arches over Bard.

(And I tripped over a quote today by RA where he mentions "several intimate, sensitive moments in the third film that Thorin has with Kili" and how hard Aidan worked and he enjoyed that - has me wildly curious. Especially how Thorin may or may not deal with an elf having saved Kili.)

Less thrilled with Tauriel - IMO the face doesn't look like her, and why are both female characters on the ground, more or less?Unsure

Heart Epic hair. And mmm leather - love the gloves, the patterns, the chain maille.

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 17 2014, 5:08am

Post #77 of 80 (508 views)
Shortcut
It's not JUST the sumptous swirling locks you know [In reply to] Can't Post

There's leather with lush quilting and intriguing metalwork. Athleticism. Fine believable performances. Beautiful eyes. And one with an EPIC voice (stealing from a favorite author) that's like the sins of angels.Heart

And looks like great big swords. All in all, Sir Peter worked very hard to make sure a good section of the audience would be there, no matter how miserable the Durin fans get UnsureCool

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Arannir
Valinor

Sep 17 2014, 8:49am

Post #78 of 80 (491 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. [In reply to] Can't Post

I do not see much evidence for Necro-Smaug.

Boyens has commented several times that she loves the structure of the book - the battle and its prelude happening AFTER the villain is dead. It underlines that this story and also Thorin's quest was never really about the dragon (especially true for the movie, given Thorin's motivations).

PJ has said that the Orcs bring different kind of "stuff" to the battle... I would assume something there might cause the fire.

Or the tapestry was just made like this to make it look more... "epic" for the lack of another word. It is not like other tapestry images have all had a totally corresponding moment in the actual films.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Sep 17 2014, 2:01pm

Post #79 of 80 (444 views)
Shortcut
Agree (again) [In reply to] Can't Post

Tauriel's image is too big and bulky – she looks like some kind of a strange frog.

In Reply To
Less thrilled with Tauriel - IMO the face doesn't look like her, and why are both female characters on the ground, more or less?Unsure

LordotRings93
Rohan

Sep 17 2014, 7:05pm

Post #80 of 80 (404 views)
Shortcut
In no way will there be Necro-Smaug... [In reply to] Can't Post

Surprised some are still clinging to this silly rumor. Smaug would lessen the impact of the battle between the smaller races, and those little hints the actors/crew supposedly dropped are very little to go on, and the little lines "Your world will burn" is if Sauron can get Smaug on his side, he doesn't necessarily wanna take over his body. He'll be driven out to Mordor after his Dol Guldur defeat, and highly doubt PJ would skimp the story THAT much by bringing Smaug back to life. PJ wants to focus on the characters and their battles, as he has stated numerous times, and dead Smaug flying around the battlefield would be just a tripe. He was already killed, and now they have to kill him again? I don't think PJ would do something like that. The flames are merely there for drama, really. Who's to say there won't be fire at the battle? Don't all big Middle-earth battles involve fire in some way? Tongue I read that the orcs will come with siege weapons and such, so that's most likely why there is fire, not because Smaug is gonna be blasting the field. Bard will kill him, he'll die, fall into the lake, end of story. No Necro-Smaug. Remember all those silly rumors from DOS that never happened? This is just another...

The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies 12/17/14
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.