The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Red Carpet Tours Premiere Party at The Roxy Theatre

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Sep 14 2014, 1:32am

Post #1 of 11 (6441 views)
Shortcut
Red Carpet Tours Premiere Party at The Roxy Theatre Can't Post

You're invited to a Costume Party of Special Magnificence, courtesy of our wonderful friends at Red Carpet Tours!

One Party to rule them all ! Celebrate the release of The 3rd and final Hobbit film - The Battle of the Five Armies!

Red Carpet Tours, The Roxy and Weta Workshop have great pleasure in welcoming you to a grand union of folk - big and small.

Our amazing friends at Red Carpet Tours are hosting a Fan Party par excellence in Wellington this December 10th, celebrating the release of the final Hobbit film, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. It is completely themed and decorated with authentic Hobbit props from the trilogy and made especially for the fan event by Weta Workshop!

With Special guests California Dreamers led by William Kircher (Bifur) , who will be playing for you!

Date: December 10th, 2014

Time: 8.30pm - Midnight

Location: The Roxy Theatre, Park Road, Miramar, Wellington (New Zealand's movie making capital!)

Tickets: NZ$265 per person all inclusive.

Pre purchase only, no door sales!

Book Now!

For more information click here

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 14 2014, 10:08pm)

Moahunter
Rohan

Sep 14 2014, 10:23am

Post #2 of 11 (6349 views)
Shortcut
I won't be going, not at that price. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to the midnight screening at the Embassy, as I did for AUJ and DoS.

silvereyed
The Shire

Sep 15 2014, 6:49am

Post #3 of 11 (6321 views)
Shortcut
That's a wee bit pricey [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe at like half that price? Also Moahunter - which is the best way to get tickets to the midnight premiere at the embassy? I've got a friend coming over from America especially and I want to make sure we don't miss out :)

Moahunter
Rohan

Sep 15 2014, 7:32am

Post #4 of 11 (6321 views)
Shortcut
The AUJ booking business in 2012 was a fiasco. [In reply to] Can't Post

People queued for hours to make pre-bookings only to discover that the first screening had been sold out well in advance for competition prizes. The b*lls-up was rectified eventually.
Last year I can't remember if anybody queued, I booked my tickets online and there were some empty seats even on the night.
It will be some time yet before bookings open. When I get any info. closer to the time I'll post it on here.

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Sep 15 2014, 3:17pm

Post #5 of 11 (6296 views)
Shortcut
Do you know if PJ will be in attendance at the party? [In reply to] Can't Post

I heard he and some of the cast stopped by for AUJ I think if I'm not mistaken? The price is steep but if there is any likelihood of PJ and some of the Cast/crew stopping by it'd be worth it for me. I'll be traveling to NZ for my first time ever just in time for the film Smile

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 15 2014, 3:24pm

Post #6 of 11 (6302 views)
Shortcut
There was lots of cast at the AUJ party [In reply to] Can't Post

and I think the DOS party also. This year's party is in a great space, and while it's pricey, it would be a once in a lifetime experience.

At a minimum, you'll get the NZ-based cast, plus a bunch of WETA folks. But I wouldn't be surprised if more of the cast make the trip since it's the last movie.

The Grey Pilgrim
Lorien

Sep 15 2014, 3:42pm

Post #7 of 11 (6300 views)
Shortcut
Yeah agreed with the once in a lifetime experience aspect. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info! Do you know if tickets sell out fast or how fast they have gone in previous years? I'll probably get a ticket but it could take me a few weeks to get the funds together, just bought those LOTR in concert NYC tickets and those broke me for Hobbit/LOTR Spending this month Wink

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 15 2014, 7:42pm

Post #8 of 11 (6297 views)
Shortcut
Hard to tell [In reply to] Can't Post

The last two years, the party was in a hotel in Wellington, but this is at the Roxy out in Miramar. I don't know the capacity of the Roxy. I suggest you e-mail the Red Carpet Tours folks. They are very helpful and can hopefully answer your questions.

Moahunter
Rohan

Sep 15 2014, 9:09pm

Post #9 of 11 (6301 views)
Shortcut
Correction. [In reply to] Can't Post

In 2012 the party was at a hotel in Wellington. Last year it was at the Roxy.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 15 2014, 11:13pm

Post #10 of 11 (6314 views)
Shortcut
Oh, OK, thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Then I think an e-mail to the Red Carpet Tours folks might be helpful for The Grey Pilgrim.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Sep 15 2014, 11:13pm)

mulubinba
Rivendell

Sep 20 2014, 8:42pm

Post #11 of 11 (6348 views)
Shortcut
2013 Party - brilliant [In reply to] Can't Post

Last year's party was brilliant. Four of the NZ cast stayed until midnight with us. It was at the Roxy - beautiful venue with props provided by Weta. Food was great as well. Definitely worth the cost. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.