Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Announcing the Chapter of the Week (CHOW) 1 Year Anniversary Celebration!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 13 2014, 8:46am

Post #26 of 39 (838 views)
Shortcut
Hahaha! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarewien
Rohan

Sep 13 2014, 10:42pm

Post #27 of 39 (835 views)
Shortcut
Can I have the link too, please? [In reply to] Can't Post

For the sparkly Thorin header, and I added Kim's previous quote to my signature (if that's okay with you, Kim. I can always change it later). I would have put a header in for the 60th anniversary to FotR, but I wasn't sure which one to use.Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 14 2014, 1:49am

Post #28 of 39 (832 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely. Here is the link: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/DanielB2289/imageedit_1_5432323146.gif?t=1410585627

Link

I'm not sure we're allowed animated footers on the forum, even sparkly Thorin ones. Wink But enjoy!

Kim
Valinor

Sep 14 2014, 5:55am

Post #29 of 39 (883 views)
Shortcut
Well, if they're not allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll get in at least one post with it before the mods descend. Thanks Daniel! Laugh

And QoE, of course you can use that quote, it goes very well with the pic - I thought about using it myself, but decided to focus on the CHOW photo for the moment.

Edit: holy cow, this is awesome! LaughLaughLaugh

(This post was edited by Altaira on Sep 14 2014, 5:12pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 9:28am

Post #30 of 39 (864 views)
Shortcut
Darn! [In reply to] Can't Post

I should have thought of adding it sparkles myself! Tongue

And with this post I shall bid farewell to Middle-earth and greet Tol Eressea!

And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise. - ROTK, The Grey Havens

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 10:27am

Post #31 of 39 (825 views)
Shortcut
Pull up a chair. [In reply to] Can't Post

The sunsets here are amazing. Wink

footer_gandalf photo footer_gandalf_zps83805ed7.jpg

Come party right now in the Hobbit movie forum, as we celebrate one year's worth of CHOW discussion of the films. Hope to see you there!

Kim
Valinor

Sep 14 2014, 4:09pm

Post #32 of 39 (844 views)
Shortcut
Well, to be fair [In reply to] Can't Post

It probably should be Thranduil, what with the sparkly white gems and eyes and all. But I'll take it anyways. Angelic

Congrats on TE!

(This post was edited by Altaira on Sep 14 2014, 5:15pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 14 2014, 5:16pm

Post #33 of 39 (817 views)
Shortcut
Hey, if even vampires sparkle nowadays, then why can't dwarves? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Kim!

Kim
Valinor

Sep 14 2014, 5:33pm

Post #34 of 39 (818 views)
Shortcut
Update: animated footers are not allowed [In reply to] Can't Post

FYI in case anyone else started using this footer. My apologies to the admins for using it without checking the rules first.

Dwarewien
Rohan

Sep 14 2014, 8:21pm

Post #35 of 39 (835 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link... [In reply to] Can't Post

but if animated footers aren't allowed, I'll stick with the one that I have. It's about time I had a different signature anyway, since this is the first time I've changed it since joining the boards (though I've changed my avatar four times, all of Thorin, of course).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 8:31pm

Post #36 of 39 (807 views)
Shortcut
And I think that does it (at least, officially)! Final remarks and thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Since we're well through the weekend back in the U.S. (although I'm sitting pretty on Tuesday, myself), I'd like to thank everyone who chose to participate/organize and celebrate the first year of CHOW discussions with us. This was a fantastic showing, especially considering that we put this together in a week's time! I'll put out some statistics of my own in a minute.

Special thanks to BlackFox for her extra behind the scenes work, including the wonderful banner and #majestic footers.

By all means, keep the threads going if it pleases you! I have yet to reply to the missing CHOW chapter, so the conversations live on!

Smile

footer_thorin photo footer_thorin_zps067fe8d9.jpg

Come party right now in the Hobbit movie forum, as we celebrate one year's worth of CHOW discussion of the films. Hope to see you there!

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 15 2014, 8:36pm

Post #37 of 39 (793 views)
Shortcut
Some stats... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, so for this weekend, here's how well we did, as of five minutes ago:

7577 total views, including this thread(!)
383 replies

Not too bad, I think! Sorry to disappoint if you were expecting Daniel-esque statistics. Angelic

footer_thorin photo footer_thorin_zps067fe8d9.jpg

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 16 2014, 8:04am

Post #38 of 39 (796 views)
Shortcut
A big thank you to everyone involved and those that participated. [In reply to] Can't Post

I missed most of the celebrations, so I will have to go back over the next few days and take part in some of the games. Can we do this every week?

SmileWink

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 16 2014, 9:02am

Post #39 of 39 (1030 views)
Shortcut
I'm happy I could help [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a pleasure. Smile Now, the party... What a lot of fun! A big applause to the organizers! Well done, guys! Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.