Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DOS Chapter of the Week (CHOW) Sign-up for September 2014!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 5 2014, 2:58pm

Post #26 of 45 (819 views)
Shortcut
Queen Beruthiel comes to mind for some of us. // [In reply to] Can't Post

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 5 2014, 3:09pm

Post #27 of 45 (804 views)
Shortcut
I feel your pain. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Faleel
Rohan

Sep 5 2014, 3:14pm

Post #28 of 45 (808 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

Could I do it?

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 5 2014, 3:15pm

Post #29 of 45 (846 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to have you here. Smile

I'll make sure DoL sees this, in case it slips by her.

Thanks, Faleel!

boldog
Rohan

Sep 16 2014, 9:31am

Post #30 of 45 (779 views)
Shortcut
Hey Guys [In reply to] Can't Post

I just realized im not going to be available that weekend to do the Laketown chow that i signed up for. If anyone wants to do it, feel free.

Sorry for being a pain!! Unsure

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 16 2014, 9:54am

Post #31 of 45 (781 views)
Shortcut
No problem at all! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the heads-up.

This means that the weekend of September 26th is now available, for those still interested in hosting a chapter! I could likely step in, should anyone not volunteer, say by the end of this week. Although I need to check if I have DOS on UV. Angelic

If anyone is interested, please reply to this thread. Smile

footer_thorin photo footer_thorin_zps067fe8d9.jpg

Come party right now in the Hobbit movie forum, as we celebrate one year's worth of CHOW discussion of the films. Hope to see you there!

Dwarewien
Rohan

Sep 16 2014, 10:48pm

Post #32 of 45 (784 views)
Shortcut
I'll host that chapter... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I was thinking about signing up for that chapter anyway (even though it's a short one). It will be a nice change from the last one I hosted (that was a long one, even for me). Just one question: Where exactly does it start and end (so that I don't go too far), since it might be a while until I get back to DoS (I'm still on AUJ. I took a break when Into the Storm hit theaters, since I don't usually watch two movies at once. Maybe it's a good thing BoFA was moved, or else I would end up doing this).Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 17 2014, 4:07am

Post #33 of 45 (761 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks. Smile

If anyone has their DVD handy when they see this, could they reply to Queen of Erebor to determine where exactly this scene begins (Lake-town)? I don't have it with me, otherwise I would...

I can figure it out for you, if no one replies.

Kim
Valinor

Sep 17 2014, 4:59am

Post #34 of 45 (761 views)
Shortcut
The Lake-town chapter starts at [In reply to] Can't Post

the first overhead view of Lake-town as the company approaches the tall gate and ends with Bard rowing the boat through the gate into the city with the pugs running alongside.

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 17 2014, 5:53am

Post #35 of 45 (771 views)
Shortcut
Whew, thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, and nice signature in your footer. I might take up something similar. Cool

(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 17 2014, 5:54am)

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 19 2014, 7:04am

Post #36 of 45 (769 views)
Shortcut
Just a reminder: [In reply to] Can't Post

Back to normal discussions this week, with Kim leading us through some Smuggled Cargo.

See you there!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Kim
Valinor

Sep 20 2014, 2:27am

Post #37 of 45 (835 views)
Shortcut
Just posted! [In reply to] Can't Post

And last weekend's technical difficulties have been resolved, so there are plenty of Thorin photos for all to enjoy (and yes RD, I put the disclaimer on, just for you). Tongue

Join us every weekend for The Hobbit Chapter of the Week discussions!

Dwarewien
Rohan

Sep 27 2014, 10:12pm

Post #38 of 45 (756 views)
Shortcut
I'll post my CHOW thread tomorrow... [In reply to] Can't Post

since this is one time I'll have to review the chapter first, due to the fact that I'm at a loss of how to start it. I've been kind of busy with my Thorin Halloween costume (getting the collar on the underneath jacket to fit right was a bit of an issue, especially since you have to extend the ends a bit past the front of the jacket) and the TV show I like (still no word on whether Under the Dome will come back for a third season, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I just bought a wall calendar for it for 2015, so the only Hobbit calendar I'll be getting for 2015 is the Page-a-Day calendar for DoS). Since I was busy looking for pictures for someone to make me a banner for Under the Dome on another Tolkien site, I didn't get around to saving any screencaps, but I'm sure Kim will add at least one of Thorin, since I'm sure he's in this chapter somewhere. Just thought I would let you know what's going on first, since the latest I'll post a CHOW thread is on Sunday.Smile

"Will you follow me... one last time?"

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 1:45am

Post #39 of 45 (728 views)
Shortcut
Just a quick update: [In reply to] Can't Post

This past weekend's post will be coming soon. Sorry for the delay, if anyone noted its absence.

We're still on schedule. Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 10:51am

Post #40 of 45 (717 views)
Shortcut
Oh my gosh.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had the post for this week finished. It was done. Lots of good stuff. All left to do was upload the screencaps. And....the post was deleted after clicking 'upload attachment.' Ugh, wow. There goes my night...MadUnsure

I'm sorry, but I'll have to delay Lake-town for at least another day, as I neither have the time nor the heart to re-do everything tonight. I'm kicking myself for this one.

Please learn from my mistake, and save your work before proceeding to upload images. I clearly haven't learned yet, despite doing this many times.

(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 30 2014, 10:52am)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 11:01am

Post #41 of 45 (719 views)
Shortcut
Bummer! [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 30 2014, 11:29am

Post #42 of 45 (711 views)
Shortcut
Ouch! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been there as well - though I normally hit the [X] and the whole window goes.

It's probably too late now, but did you try hitting the back button? Though if you have the original window still open, it is worth a shot.

On TORn using Google Chrome (I don't know whether this is an artifact of Chrome or the forum itself), if you have typed text into the subject and post window but then gone on to a different website using the same window, you can usually come back to it by pressing the back button. All the text should still be there. It will only work if you have uploaded an attachment, or hit "preview post" or "check spelling" as well.

Does that make sense?
(e.g. I've written this out, hit "preview post", then gone on to BBC news and then Facebook. Hit the back button twice, and the text is all here.)

Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Sep 30 2014, 11:29am)

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 11:35am

Post #43 of 45 (707 views)
Shortcut
Indeed...// [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Sep 30 2014, 11:37am

Post #44 of 45 (713 views)
Shortcut
Sadly... [In reply to] Can't Post

I did try that, but to no avail. For a second I thought it would work. Ah, well. The initial frustration has passed. Now I just want that time back for actual work. Laugh

Edit: Interesting- I just got the error message that Lurker brought up on Feedback. For this post, not the earlier debacle.

(This post was edited by cats16 on Sep 30 2014, 11:39am)

cats16
Half-elven

Oct 1 2014, 9:30am

Post #45 of 45 (813 views)
Shortcut
Lake-town coming soon. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've mustered the resolve to do it again tonight. Post coming soon!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.