Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Question: how many Immortals are gracing TORn?

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 3 2014, 2:44pm

Post #1 of 21 (848 views)
Shortcut
Question: how many Immortals are gracing TORn? Can't Post

Up to 9 posts: Registered User
10 to 49 posts: The Shire
50 to 99 posts: Bree
100 to 249 posts: Rivendell
250 to 499 posts: Lorien
500 to 999 posts: Rohan
1000 to 1499 posts: Gondor
1500 to 1999 posts: Grey Havens
2000 to 2999 posts: Tol Eressea
3000 - 5000 posts: Valinor
5000 - 10,000 posts: Half-elven - congratulations! Few mortals make it to Valinor. As a reward, Mandos has granted you the choice of the Half-elven: you can "choose a mortal life," or continue posting to the ultimate level...
10,000+ posts: Immortal

This is just amazing. So I'm j
ust curious about how many users are holding which title, especially the higher echelons. Is there a place to see this info?

ETA: And are all Forum Admins automatically granted immortalhood or do they have to earn it like the rest of us mortals?

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
(Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 3 2014, 2:48pm)

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 3 2014, 3:47pm

Post #2 of 21 (770 views)
Shortcut
Check Member Directory [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...=user_posts;so=DESC;

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 3 2014, 4:03pm

Post #3 of 21 (756 views)
Shortcut
BlackFox gave you the strategy [In reply to] Can't Post

There are 6 immortals although 2 of them are admins so their 'immortal' title doesn't show.

Admins/Mods are not automatically given immortal status. It's earned only by post numbers.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 4 2014, 1:19am

Post #4 of 21 (721 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, BlackFox! [In reply to] Can't Post

So it's the good ol' count 'em yourself method. Works for meSmile

Sure is a lot of Shirefolk, and even more unknown denizens.

I'd expect a lot more occupants in the Havens, but well, I don't like crowds much anywayLaugh Just glad to be in the Havens, and not the overcrowded ShireSmile

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 4 2014, 1:20am

Post #5 of 21 (730 views)
Shortcut
Cool! Thanks for the info, Magpie. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice that postcount is retained for mods, I guess against the (unthinkable) day they retire from modding.

=======

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 4 2014, 3:10am

Post #6 of 21 (738 views)
Shortcut
Sort of.... [In reply to] Can't Post

A Mod is just a member with extra responsibilities. They never stop being a TORNsib just because they have a title and if they drop it, they're still the same TORNsib they always were; they just don't have to mind everyone else's business anymore. Wink

We do have one or two retired mods still with us regularly, and a few more who drop in from time to time, but unless you remember back to when they wore the title you wouldn't know. I'll leave them to say who they are if they choose.

Silverlode

Want a LOTR Anniversary footer of your own? Get one here!

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

BlackFox
Half-elven

Sep 4 2014, 7:13am

Post #7 of 21 (695 views)
Shortcut
Anytime. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 4 2014, 7:15am

Post #8 of 21 (724 views)
Shortcut
Oh Silverlode [In reply to] Can't Post

I love it when you mind our business. Heart

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 5 2014, 12:22am

Post #9 of 21 (705 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Silverlode [In reply to] Can't Post

I figured that too. Like an office-holder Smile

=======

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 10 2014, 4:53pm

Post #10 of 21 (649 views)
Shortcut
Me too :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Sep 10 2014, 4:54pm

Post #11 of 21 (668 views)
Shortcut
Ooh, that's a good reminder. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm 92% there. I'll have to start replying to posts like yours to bring my count up :-P Anyway, it is an interesting question.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 10 2014, 8:47pm

Post #12 of 21 (661 views)
Shortcut
Question... [In reply to] Can't Post

So, when I reach the status of Immortal, do have need to start guarding my head?

There can be only one!

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 10 2014, 9:40pm

Post #13 of 21 (662 views)
Shortcut
Entirely different mythos. [In reply to] Can't Post

When the time comes don't worry about it. Sit down, have an ale, bend your head slightly forward...

For a while the three companions remained silent, gazing after him. Then Aragorn spoke. "They will look for him from the White Tower," he said, "but he will not return from mountain or from sea." Then slowly he began to sing:

"Boromir is dead
Poor Boromir is dead
All gather round his canoe now and cry
He had a heart of gold
And he wasn't very old
Oh why did such a feller have to die?"

Then Legolas sang:

"Boromir is dead
Poor Boromir is dead
He's lookin' oh so purty and so nice
He looks like he's asleep
It's a shame that he won't keep
But the sun’s out and we're runnin' out a' ice."

Then Aragorn sang again:

"Boromir is dead
Poor Boromir is dead
From Minas Tirith comes a weepin' sound
The East Wind for a spell
Will now blow a different smell
Til Boromir is underneath the ground."

So they ended. Then they turned their boat and drove it with all the speed they could against the stream back to Parth Galen.

-Rodgers and Hammerstein, The Lord of the Rings

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 10 2014, 9:56pm

Post #14 of 21 (664 views)
Shortcut
I see what you did there! [In reply to] Can't Post

You won't trick me that easily. Wink

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 10 2014, 11:29pm

Post #15 of 21 (654 views)
Shortcut
maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=521099#521099

:-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 11 2014, 12:28am

Post #16 of 21 (638 views)
Shortcut
That was a great mathom! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd forgotten about that mathom. I have it bookmarked now. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 6:30am

Post #17 of 21 (632 views)
Shortcut
*lol* when did this thread become a peredhil congregation? [In reply to] Can't Post

Am in aweSly

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 6:32am

Post #18 of 21 (632 views)
Shortcut
wow [In reply to] Can't Post

That was an awesome accord of your milestones, Magpie. Thanks for sharing.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 11 2014, 6:35am

Post #19 of 21 (657 views)
Shortcut
Be my guest! But, well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I despair of chalking up post mileage that way since I retty much live in the one thread, albeit multi-incarnated SmileHeart long may it perpetuate.

Come to think of it, my postcount is closely tied to the one thread of my TORn existence too.TongueBlush

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 11 2014, 6:37am)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Sep 11 2014, 4:30pm

Post #20 of 21 (632 views)
Shortcut
The fortunes of other threads will rise and fall... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but in the TA threads we will endure.Wink

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 12 2014, 1:24am

Post #21 of 21 (621 views)
Shortcut
assuredly! [In reply to] Can't Post

=======

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.