Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Regarding the EEīs and possible change of the scenes (Beorn)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 8:51am

Post #1 of 9 (1451 views)
Shortcut
Regarding the EEīs and possible change of the scenes (Beorn) Can't Post

As in ROTK EE were major changes were added comparing the TE to the EE, I feel that Beornīs introduction could be one of those? Perhaps the rushed arrival was to give more tension to the begining of DoS.

And another question, is that watching AUJ EE it seems to me that they have been making an act of contrition in order to save MORE material for the ultimate six pack movie edition. How do you feel about this?

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Aug 28 2014, 12:15pm

Post #2 of 9 (780 views)
Shortcut
I have thought about that several times [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And another question, is that watching AUJ EE it seems to me that they have been making an act of contrition in order to save MORE material for the ultimate six pack movie edition. How do you feel about this?

We may yet have an ultimate edition of all six movies with even longer EEs for all of them. As I will already have all the others in EE I can then buy the ultimate box set and choose the best versions and use that box to contain them and "hide" the others ;)

We might get more Fili and even more character-moments in the super-EE of AUJ

Vocalist in the melodic metal band Betomast
and the progressive doom rock band Mater Thallium

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 12:45pm

Post #3 of 9 (738 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking about Fili, and also if in the EE they will change Beorns intro as they changed things regarding Saruman in ROTK [In reply to] Can't Post

I have think of Fili because of those images we saw. And I suposse there is a detailed list aout there with pieces of info about scenes that were shooted but we havenīt seen yet like Entmaidenīs list of those of LOTR.

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to the battle for the fifth trailer

Shirriff Anthony
Bree

Aug 28 2014, 2:18pm

Post #4 of 9 (681 views)
Shortcut
The next morning [In reply to] Can't Post

The introduction will probably take place the next morning before the abrupt cut of them at breakfast during the theatrical edition.

Faramir: “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

adt100
Rohan

Aug 28 2014, 2:36pm

Post #5 of 9 (645 views)
Shortcut
Yes and No... [In reply to] Can't Post

We will undoubtedly see a much extended section at Beorn's house to the theatrical cut, whether the introduction will be changed though is another matter. Generally the EE's simply add material, things you can imaging happening 'off screen' so to speak. Rarely does PJ actually change the structure of a scene in the EE's, although he has done on a few occasions before.

With regard any ultimate boxet, I'm sure we will get one of all 6 films which will have more bonus features. HOWEVER, I seriously do not think there will be any additional footage and that the EE's will stand alone as they are. PJ has pretty much stated this in interviews and questions before, not so much explicitly, but I do not believe from all he has said in the past that there is any real desire to go all 'George Lucas' on the films. Nor should they in my opinion. I certainly don 't think AUJ needs any more footage. More than likely the limited extra footage in the EE was simply due to the fact that PJ felt no more footage could be added as the films were still originally just 2 when AUJ was being filmed.

sycorax82
Rohan

Aug 28 2014, 2:39pm

Post #6 of 9 (671 views)
Shortcut
I don't think we'll see longer EEs, though deleted scenes, yes [In reply to] Can't Post

We still have plenty of LOTR deleted material yet to be featured on any DVD/Blu-ray, and this will come eventually, as, no doubt, will the excised moments from The Hobbit.

An 'ultimate' 6 movie set is inevitable, really. It would be funny if there was also a single, 4 hour cut of the whole thing! :p Peter joked about doing a LOTR single movie cut, though it would be pretty interesting to see!

Cillendor
Lorien

Aug 29 2014, 5:22pm

Post #7 of 9 (410 views)
Shortcut
I disagree about only having deleted scenes. [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite part about the Extended Editions is that the deleted scenes are part of the movies. With most movies containing deleted scenes, it's very difficult to see how they would have fit in at all. So far the LOTR/Hobbit EEs have had them put in as part of the films, and I think it works out wonderfully. I'd be happy seeing the deleted content no matter what, but I would much prefer it to be added into the movie as SEE (super extended editions).

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Aug 29 2014, 6:23pm

Post #8 of 9 (413 views)
Shortcut
Some scenes need to stay out of the movies though. [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of the things that weren't put back in the EE's were left out for a reason though, like the stuff with Arwen at Helm's Deep.

Of course there are still some scenes that we know about that I'd really like to see put back in, like Samwise getting past the watchers at Cirith Ungol, and Treebeard and Legolas talking about the elves going to the West.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Sep 1 2014, 5:00pm

Post #9 of 9 (291 views)
Shortcut
Bomby wantz ONE THING? [In reply to] Can't Post

ONE?
OVER-Night Camp-Out in MIRKWOOD!

"Insect Eyes...Blinking in the distance...
Eyes moving around?"
in 3D!

One of the Scariest passages
That Freaked out!!? Bomby
47 years ago...

Pirate

www.charlie-art.biz
"What Your Mind can conceive... charlie can achieve"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.