The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Legolas fan vid

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 21 2014, 4:17pm

Post #1 of 14 (2467 views)
Shortcut
Legolas fan vid Can't Post

So ok, "Radioactive" is probably the most overused and mismatched-to-subject-video-content song out there, but it's such a great song ... it's just fun to use anyway Wink. I found this Legolas video and like the way it was edited. I thought it captures LOTR Legolas' gracefulness and his .... just complete, total and utter gorgeousness, too BlushSmile. lol... ah, who else remembers first discovering Orlando Bloom as Legolas Heart? What a thrill.

Enjoy the trip down memory lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5HxjuX72vw

Anyone have other fan videos to share Smile?

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Aug 21 2014, 4:22pm)

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 27 2014, 12:19pm

Post #2 of 14 (2233 views)
Shortcut
*crickets chirping* [In reply to] Can't Post

lol... wow no love for Legolas Unsure? Or just not this particular video Sly?

*chirp chirp chirp*

WinkCool

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Aug 27 2014, 12:45pm

Post #3 of 14 (2223 views)
Shortcut
No crickets, just the absent minded [In reply to] Can't Post

The clip wouldn't play on my mobile device, the only internet I have at the moment, so I had intended to see if I could find a duplicate clip on youtube that would work...and then got side-tracked and never got back to this thread. Crazy
Oh, I adore Legolas, though I go back and forth between him and Aragorn. I liked Aragorn first, but that epic scene where we see the Fellowship come across the crest of a mountain as the Fellowship theme is first played in it's fullest form made me really sit up and take notice of Legolas. He just looks so heroic and self-assured. Purrrr HeartLaugh

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 27 2014, 1:37pm

Post #4 of 14 (2220 views)
Shortcut
ah, technical difficulties :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I find that most videos also only play well on my home computer, and sometimes don't play at all on my mobile devices, even though they're supposed to.

I always liked both Aragorn and Legolas too! I know that scene you're referring to, when the Fellowship appears at the crest of the mountain:

In Reply To
made me really sit up and take notice of Legolas. He just looks so heroic and self-assured.

He did! Really made me blink a few times too, lol Blush. What I liked about his character is that aside from the pretty looks, he also was so athletic and graceful *and* tough. Later on in the trilogy in TTT, one of my favorite Legolas moments is the scene in TTT where he's with the elven army, arrows at the ready and he describes the weaknesses in the Orc armor... in Elvish. I don't know, something about that scene, how he looks, the rain, his expression, and the Elvish, made me just go 'thud' lol Heart.

I hope you get a chance to watch the video once your computer is back up. Your favorite shot is in there along with many other great Legolas moments Evil.

And thanks for letting me know, zarabia Sly. I was feeling a little lonely here, lol, it's much more fun fangirling with company LaughHeartSly.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 27 2014, 3:02pm

Post #5 of 14 (2385 views)
Shortcut
Blame Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/...f0629a8e044930b1.jpg

*runs off*

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 2:05am

Post #6 of 14 (2203 views)
Shortcut
So many great scenes [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes! That's a good one! And I love the expression on his face when the Elves arrive. There's such a twinkle in his eye.

https://www.youtube.com/...youtube_gdata_player

This *isn't* one of my favorite scenes (I agree with what Orlando Bloom said about it not seeming very elf-like despite it being canon), but I do loooove the way he looks here with his hair just a bit mussed. Wink

BTW, this clip with Spanish dubbing was the clearest one I could find.

Smile

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 2:11am

Post #7 of 14 (2205 views)
Shortcut
Haha! Not quite :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Lee Pace is great - and a fellow Okie - but he doesn't have that Elven je ne sais quoi that Orly has. Laugh

BlackFox
Half-elven

Aug 28 2014, 9:00am

Post #8 of 14 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Shhhh! [In reply to] Can't Post

You better hope none of Thranduil's Thralls heard that! Tongue

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 28 2014, 3:20pm

Post #9 of 14 (2207 views)
Shortcut
This one's for you, zarabia: [In reply to] Can't Post

BlushHeartEvil*flutter* BlushHeartSmile

In Reply To
I do loooove the way he looks here with his hair just a bit mussed. Wink

I second that Laugh!

Evil*sigh*Evil

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2014, 11:24pm

Post #10 of 14 (2184 views)
Shortcut
Ah, that's the stuff! Thanks, Loresilme :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2014, 8:34pm

Post #11 of 14 (2178 views)
Shortcut
Too late [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil's Thralls hear and see all! I am offended on Thrandy's behalf. OFFENDED I tell you!Tongue

I would have been offended sooner, but my schoolwork was keeping me too busy to read anything that wasn't on the Hobbit board this week.Wink

*fabulously flounces out of thread while secretly pulling up a separate internet tab to drool over Radioactive Leggy video* WinkLaughBlush

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2014, 8:57pm

Post #12 of 14 (2169 views)
Shortcut
Is it too late to join in on the fangirling? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been pretty busy lately so this is the first time I've seen this thread.

I don't normally watch the fan vids on YouTube, but that was pretty good!Cool And here I was, starting to think that I was the only Leggy lover on the boards!Heart

I'm afraid my trip down memory lane isn't very long since I only discovered LOTR, and started drooling over Legolas summer of last year. The romance is still new for me!HeartWink

Actually, I feel rather fortunate having come to this fandom during the days of the Hobbit because I can drool over Legolas and Thranduil at the same time instead of "growing out of" Leggy and moving onto Thranduil like so many seem to have done.Unsure It just doesn't get more fabulous than the two of them together.Angelic (click pic for larger original)

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2014, 3:14am

Post #13 of 14 (2165 views)
Shortcut
No offense intended :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Lee Pace makes an excellent Elf. Smile But Legolas, being my first Elf crush, blinds me to even the yummiest of all others. Look at it this way - that's one fewer potential thrall you have to share Thranduil with. Wink

BTW, better late than never to the Leggy fan-girling. Wink

VeArkenstone
Lorien

Sep 2 2014, 4:06pm

Post #14 of 14 (2214 views)
Shortcut
I love Orlando Bloom's Legolas in the Trilogy, but am loving him more in DOS. [In reply to] Can't Post

He is filled out (been working out quite a bit I think) and more mature looking. I think in DOS he gives more of an impression of being an Elvish Warrior, I love his fighting style and his movements are so smooth. The love triangle between Legolas, Tauriel and Kili is totally believable. I am happy to see him in The Hobbit Trilogy, he is both talented and gorgeous!

Please, call me Ve.

(This post was edited by VeArkenstone on Sep 2 2014, 4:08pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.