On the eve of Richard Armitage's birthday
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Dwarewien
Rohan

Aug 27 2014, 10:11pm

Post #26 of 28 (208 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the help, everyone... [In reply to] Can't Post

and the link (how many RA fansites are there? I keep finding more, not necessarily a bad thing). For practice, I think I'll follow the show I watch on a regular basis first (Under the Dome), especially since I don't like their Facebook page yet (it's one or the other). I still think that Facebook should have a love button, because with certain things (or people), like is too weak a word, but I guess some people might confuse that with love handles, so perhaps that's why they don't have one.Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 28 2014, 12:18am

Post #27 of 28 (204 views)
Shortcut
I'd say it was a good deal [In reply to] Can't Post

And then, 30 minutes before last night's performance, he tweeted the bad news: that night's production had been cancelled. All that the theatre could offer was a refund and a free drink in the bar since the production is otherwise sold out. There was much weeping and gnashing of teeth, let me tell you, especially from all those poor people who had flown from halfway around the world to see just this play.

RA came into the bar to apologise and chat with people which helped a bit. A school party who had been dragged to see the play, felt that they had got a good deal after they met him.

Tho I can see how folks who had flown in would have been pretty upset. Wow - completely sold out? Don't suppose they would consider extending the run - or better for us U.S.ers - bring the production to the States PLZZZZZ!!!
If Broadway/Kennedy Center/San Francisco isn't putting feelers out of some kind they are silly. But *sigh*. We might get a *reboot* without the same castFrown, since we "borrow" a lot of British shows.Unsure

But imagine for now the play has to wind up, as suspect RA will be committed to Hobbit appearances soon. Re the Tweeting - I'm delighted for him there's a more or less safe, fun vehicle for us to follow him (no pun intended) and for him to feel the justified affection of his many, many fans.Smile

"If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together" - Thorin, The Desolation of Smaug.

Thorinitis: Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 28 2014, 2:54am

Post #28 of 28 (205 views)
Shortcut
They can't extend the run. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there's another production - Electra - waiting in the wings; and RA's going just about straight from this production to film a "cameo" in a movie (he can't say which one).

By the way, there's a "chilling" heartwarming story that happened today, between the shows: http://meandrichard.wordpress.com/...charitable-endeavor/

Those involved in this production are just the dearest folks! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.