A random THORIN APPRECIATION image-larded thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 2 2014, 11:04pm

Post #201 of 209 (1283 views)
Shortcut
     LOL the GLARE of DOOM [In reply to]  

And seeing as we're nearing the 200 there will probably a 2nd Thorin Appreciation Thread around this time tomorrow.

Oh, *bleep* no. An innocuous little "sharing-is-caring" post morphed into a GREMLIN and fanned my ThorinitisTongueTongueTongue to a feverish level....EvilEvilEvil

LOL Have fun searching for the original Angelic (oh, come'on, it wasn't THAT badEvil)

*Cough*
ANYWAY it occurs to me I DID neglect to celebrate the WONDROUS Thorin-glareShocked, so:

As often has been remarked, any number of us wish Thorin would look at US like this. Someday I need to explain to RA how it generally seems to be accepted that getting a Thorin-glare is, like, getting a dozen roses or expensive jewelry or great chocolatesHeartHeartHeart. We LIVE for that smouldering stare of FURYTongueTongueTongue.

Hó , Það sé ég föður minn
Hó , Það sé ég móður mína, og Hó, Það sé ég bræður mínir og systur mínar
Hó , Það sé ég mitt fólk aftur í byrjun
Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar
Hvar hugrakkir mun lifa að eilífu

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 2 2014, 11:41pm

Post #202 of 209 (1260 views)
Shortcut
     Because, in your heart of hearts [In reply to]  

In the deepest, darkest hours of the night, when the only light is the faint glow from your digital clock, when sleep won't come and your bed linen is twisted into a knotted lump from your tossing and turning, when you've finally crawled to the fridge desperate for some ice cream and only found a moldy, fuzzy tomato - in that time and place, you come to understand:

It's OK. Really. Evil

Hó, gera Þeir kalla til mín, og bjóða mér að taka minn stað meðal þeirra í sölum Valhallar

Kim
Valinor

Sep 3 2014, 12:56am

Post #203 of 209 (1261 views)
Shortcut
     Thanks [In reply to]  

which I thought might be of interest to the legions of Thorin fans.....BUT. Alas, relatively little is out there that hasn't wound its way around the world, and anyway TORn, Heirs of Durin and Thorin FB always seem to get the best stuffTongue faster than anyone.Cool

Also it was a spontaneous "hiatus-thing" re any day now, this board and others will be a-twitter with excitement, over a new mag spread or something. So, no, have no plans to fire up another thread like this one. Unless I want toEvil. But hope it was of some interest AND I managed to trip over some nice stuff along the way.Cool

Just wanted to say that I certainly appreciate your compilations as I don't always have time to check the various other sites (or the nerve to venture too far into Deviantart!) Enjoy having this random thread to enjoy during the quieter times. Smile

“Will you follow me, one last time?”

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 3 2014, 1:10am

Post #204 of 209 (1290 views)
Shortcut
     I understand that. Your true heart's soliloquy [In reply to]  

for there is PERFECT GLORIOUNESS on this board I MUCH desire

Or this one *THUD*

Long live the HeartElvenking

(look at that upper arm definition!Heart)

absolutely just HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart Thranduil's towering height!!!

ETA: Now to sit back and watch how long this thread gets locked since the mod-dom seem to teem with Dwarf appreciators.

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI
(Tis true: more appreciation threads for Thranduil exist than ME movies)

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======
Middle-earth dispatches out of the lurkmirk

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 3 2014, 1:12am)

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 3 2014, 1:22am

Post #205 of 209 (1249 views)
Shortcut
     Sigh... [In reply to]  

And this is why, just as the curse of Thorinitis is defined as "Just that smokey barbecue sizzle on a bed of hot embers on a chill autumn night voice making you do things", the blessing of Thranduilitis can only be described as "Just that silky smooth gleam of feline grace in the snow making you want to book a one-way ticket to the Himalayas for snow leopard cuddles (never mind the more likely Yeti encounters)" Laugh

Fan of both books and movies; I am a lurker by nature though it seems I have severely misnamed myself... for the moment.

Heart Appreciating Thranduil, thread by thread: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI

Laugh Thrall Wars!: What business do Elves, Dwarves or Men(?) have with drooling thralls, yea, with smartphones in tow, unto the slopes of Erebor? ... oh, yes, the Hobbit's lingering in some shadows, ever ready to swoop to the hairy rescue. Take cover if you dare!. (A writing triangle with Avandel and Kerewyn)
Teh partsies: Prologue (aka the 'tater-mash of whatever came before), two, three, three-appendix: An Unexpected Flashback, four, five (new, posted 20 August)

"BoFA"= The Battle || "BotFA"/"tBotFA" = The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

=======

Lurker in the Mirk
Valinor

Sep 3 2014, 1:29am

Post #206 of 209 (1250 views)
Shortcut
     Ha! Like you can keep away [In reply to]  

plus i'm sure there's PMs beseeching continuation even if there's no overt pleas here.

Anyway, back to the HeartHeartTA thread and checking out PMs for me.

ETA: Psst, am somehow amused to see the silent thread visitors seem on par with TA. Or else there's a bunch of pervy post re-viewersTongue

=======

(This post was edited by Lurker in the Mirk on Sep 3 2014, 1:33am)

Avandel
Half-elven

Sep 3 2014, 3:01am

Post #207 of 209 (1257 views)
Shortcut
     Thank you Kim for the feedback [In reply to]  

Just wanted to say that I certainly appreciate your compilations as I don't always have time to check the various other sites (or the nerve to venture too far into Deviantart!) Enjoy having this random thread to enjoy during the quieter times. Smile

Well, that's the thing...partly anyway, it's too easy for me to get lost in meandering through Thorin pics....need to ratchet down someFrown. But for now LOL *grins* I survived another INTERESTING foray into Deviant Art.Wink
What the mermaid-tail thing is going on with these artists, I just don't get *cough*Crazy

I swear, some article I read once commented how RA could be genuinely terrifying, but LOL guess I am supposed to be appalled by this scene, and I am *sorta* , but the PRIMITIVE brain just keeps telling me to go for a paper bag, LOLEvilTongue

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 3 2014, 3:03am

Post #208 of 209 (1252 views)
Shortcut
     *ears perk up* [In reply to]  

*looks at thread count* Dear, oh dear, oh dear...Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 3 2014, 3:07am

Post #209 of 209 (1262 views)
Shortcut
     Look at that thread count! [In reply to]  

Well, thralls-of-fire (and thralls-of-ice...it's delicious how your two "fandoms" interact!), looks like it's time to start...the Random Thorin Appreciation Image-Larded (larded? LOL!) Thread, number 2!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.