Timings of Middle-earth Saga

Timdalf
Rivendell

Aug 17 2014, 9:48am

Post #1 of 5 (694 views)
Shortcut
Timings of Middle-earth Saga Can't Post

This is what I get for the timings... (from the backs of my Blu-ray copies):
All EEs (except for last one) LotR-FotR 208 min; TTT 223; RotK 250; TH-AUJ 182; DoS 186-191?;
Bo5A 150.
Total 1199/1204 min or 19 hrs 59 min/20hrs 4 min + ? Bo5A EE added minutes, if any

The "Empire Mag" gets only 19 hrs 38 min total... but I think this is due to Amazon still listing the DoS EE as 161 min when that is the run time of the Th E.... add on the 25-30 min (there have been various accounts) and you get 186-191 for DoS...

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2014, 12:09pm

Post #2 of 5 (307 views)
Shortcut
The Walmart listing in the thread below... [In reply to] Can't Post

gives DoS EE as 186 mins.
The EMPIRE article quotes PJ as saying he wants to get Bo5A down to 2:30 max, though his ideal time would be 2:20...

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Aug 17 2014, 12:10pm)

Timdalf
Rivendell

Aug 17 2014, 1:30pm

Post #3 of 5 (267 views)
Shortcut
Yep, saw both thats... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
gives DoS EE as 186 mins.
The EMPIRE article quotes PJ as saying he wants to get Bo5A down to 2:30 max, though his ideal time would be 2:20...

Now with the Bo5A being so short, will what we see in theaters in Dec be the EE... or will WB pull some stunt where they will insist PJ cut something so they can create an artificial EE later. The first DVD or BD should be the EE... no Th E needed!!!! Right?

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2014, 1:35pm

Post #4 of 5 (273 views)
Shortcut
I dunno... [In reply to] Can't Post

With PJ having to be so ruthless with the TE there should be reams left over for the EE...shouldn't there?

Or were you suggesting PJ considers the TE as his "ideal version" and therefore should be the only one released? I don't think PJ works that way...

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Timdalf
Rivendell

Aug 17 2014, 1:46pm

Post #5 of 5 (278 views)
Shortcut
No, to both points... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think they are forcing him to keep the timing down. The impression I got was he WANTS a fast paced quick movie... (or is he doing a clever sales pitch? But that's not his usual mode of promo!) Why he wants this I don't know.... I (and I think most of us) want a nice long, slow, careful farewell to Middle-earth... I personally look forward more to his quiet moments, not the big spectacle scenes. Why he is being so "ruthless" as you put it is a mystery. Haven't we proven we will make it worthwhile to the theaters to have a long film and go multiple times and not only to keep the box office up in the 1 bill level!!!

(This post was edited by Timdalf on Aug 17 2014, 1:48pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.