Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Peter Jackson discusses his next movies after The Hobbit trilogy is done.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2014, 12:44am

Post #1 of 7 (267 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson discusses his next movies after The Hobbit trilogy is done. Can't Post

And yes, The Dam Busters is right up there:

"We don't have a next movie nailed down, but certainly The Dam Busters is one of them [under consideration]," Jackson told Hollywood Deadline. "There is only a limited span I can abide people driving me nuts asking when I'm going to do that project. So I'll have to do it."

You can read the full story here.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Meneldor
Valinor

Aug 17 2014, 1:20am

Post #2 of 7 (156 views)
Shortcut
That's great news! Fingers crossed! [In reply to] Can't Post

The annual airshow in Oshkosh Wisconsin this summer hosted the last two flying Lancasters. I'm sure PJ could make a deal to film them.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Aug 17 2014, 10:15am

Post #3 of 7 (140 views)
Shortcut
the fact that PJ talked about it [In reply to] Can't Post

on an official occasion such as one of the DOS TE bts special features... means he really wants to do it in a near future.
And Jed Brophy (who was with him) offered himself up for a part...
Wink
I think many other Dwarves (especially the Kiwi ones) would do anything to be in that movie...Tongue

malickfan
Gondor

Aug 17 2014, 2:27pm

Post #4 of 7 (130 views)
Shortcut
Interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

Does this mean he is going to take over as Director?

It could just be the fact that's he a bigger name, so it's considered 'his' film project, but I'd got the impression Christian Rivers was going to direct it (he directed the 2nd unit for BOTFA didn't he?).

I'm not entirely convinced The Dambusters would be a big hit, but I'm definitely intrigued to see what Jackson does with it (though I don't see how you could spin it as a New Zealnd story, when the Airmen involved were from all corners of The British Isles and it's Dominions, it's really a story about Bomber Command's diversity).

(This post was edited by malickfan on Aug 17 2014, 2:31pm)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2014, 3:19pm

Post #5 of 7 (123 views)
Shortcut
I'm just curious to see how they handle the name of the dog haha. [In reply to] Can't Post

Saw a PBS documentary on this, and it's a great story. I would go see this movie.

And yeah, i remember Christian Rivers' name being attached to the film.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2014, 7:46pm

Post #6 of 7 (108 views)
Shortcut
One of the airmen [In reply to] Can't Post

was a New Zealander - Les Munro, who is still alive. There was a news story a few months ago about how he's hoping to stay alive long enough to see PJ's version of the film.

Pete's stretching it by calling it a Kiwi story, but there is an NZ connection.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 17 2014, 8:16pm

Post #7 of 7 (109 views)
Shortcut
As Nature made him... [In reply to] Can't Post

.... would interest me much more to be honest. Would be great and interesting to see PJ handling such a topic.

For all those interested, this article has also been discussed on the Hobbit forum two weeks ago or so. :)

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.