The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Deleted scene of Legolas and Arwen

boldog
Rohan

Aug 15 2014, 10:46am

Post #1 of 5 (868 views)
Shortcut
Deleted scene of Legolas and Arwen Can't Post

Ive seen in plenty of behind the scenes shots, a particular unused scene, with Legolas seemingly talking to Arwen, just before the fellowship departs from rivendell.
Does anyone know the context of this particular conversation/meeting?
Its always made me wonder

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 15 2014, 1:12pm

Post #2 of 5 (601 views)
Shortcut
I can't find definite evidence in support of this, but [In reply to] Can't Post

it has been thought that there may originally have been a Legolas/Arwen romantic angle considered for the films. There's this scene, for instance, which was never used, but also there is the scene in TTT where Legolas returns the Evenstar pendant to Aragorn, that could be interpreted - had there initially been some type of romantic angle - as Legolas bowing out of the triangle on Aragorn's behalf. I thought I could find some links, but I'm just not finding anything now Crazy!

It is speculative of course. I don't know if it was ever confirmed but it seems reasonable in light of this deleted scene - we don't see any other Elves saying good bye in this particular way BlushSly!

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 15 2014, 3:22pm

Post #3 of 5 (543 views)
Shortcut
That's very interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have to look into this further.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2014, 4:19pm

Post #4 of 5 (472 views)
Shortcut
I've never heard of this. // [In reply to] Can't Post

KingTurgon
Rohan

Dec 9 2014, 1:41am

Post #5 of 5 (297 views)
Shortcut
Glad they nixed that [In reply to] Can't Post

If there is one thing I don't like, it's forced love triangles.

(This post was edited by KingTurgon on Dec 9 2014, 1:41am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.