I participate in forums unrelated to LOTR 30 / 59%
51 total votes

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Aug 19 2014, 4:17pm

Post #26 of 34 (334 views)
Shortcut
Others before, only 2 now [In reply to] Can't Post

I was HUGELY into "Lost" and went to some site regularly, and one or two of the Potterverse sites. I also went through a very political stage and was frequently on NewsVine - talk about mean spirited! That's all that site was about, I had to get out of there to protect my sanity! Now I'm all over TORn, and the other site is a free weight-loss site called "SparkPeople," VERY positive & uplifting, not to mention free advice, articles on health, recipes, exercise, etc.

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 19 2014, 8:44pm

Post #27 of 34 (354 views)
Shortcut
Not anymore. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been banned from all my other regular forums except for GameBanshee and The Sims 3. Can't think why.Angelic

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 19 2014, 8:50pm

Post #28 of 34 (338 views)
Shortcut
Really?!?! [In reply to] Can't Post

But we all know you're such a saint!Wink

(This post was edited by DaughterofLaketown on Aug 19 2014, 8:50pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 19 2014, 8:55pm

Post #29 of 34 (337 views)
Shortcut
Really! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But we all know you're such a saint!Wink

Yeah, I've been likened to a Saint Bernard, but lately a few sips of brandy sends me straight to sleep.Wink

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Aug 20 2014, 1:59pm

Post #30 of 34 (311 views)
Shortcut
Nope, it's the "Absolute Write Water Cooler" [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never heard of My Writing Circle. Absolute Write was actually recommended to me by a fellow TORn Sib.Smile It's a HUGE forum. Lots of genre-specific boards and talented, long-time writers to get advice from. You can even get help with story research, look for beta readers, find out who the good publishers are, or if you're into self-publishing you can get advice on that too. I've been a member for about seven or eight months now and I've learned quite a bit about writing.

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Aug 20 2014, 3:20pm

Post #31 of 34 (308 views)
Shortcut
Sounds very similar to My Writing Circle [In reply to] Can't Post

which also has a really nice community vibe. Out of curiosity, I think I'll check your site out, too. Thanks for the recommendation and have fun developing your writing talent! Smile

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Aug 20 2014, 5:34pm

Post #32 of 34 (318 views)
Shortcut
Ever been preemptively banned from a forum-within-a-forum you didn't even know existed? Or two? *thumps chest* =) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Aug 26 2014, 9:49pm

Post #33 of 34 (302 views)
Shortcut
Other. [In reply to] Can't Post

I marked "unrelated", but actually it's a private forum organized some years ago by TORnsibs who wanted to discuss things that were off topic (before there was a Room for that) and be free of the "Family Friendly" requirement. We're not really very rowdy, but occasionally like to use language or discuss personal topics that wouldn't be appropriate here. We do occasionally discuss Tolkien and the movies, as well as other topics.

(This post was edited by Elizabeth on Aug 26 2014, 9:50pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 8 2014, 2:38pm

Post #34 of 34 (292 views)
Shortcut
Nope :) TORn is my home and my base! // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.