Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
What lands do you think we will see in Shadows of mordor?

boldog
Rohan

Aug 9 2014, 8:24am

Post #1 of 4 (385 views)
Shortcut
What lands do you think we will see in Shadows of mordor? Can't Post

One thing im excited about with this game, is seeing new areas in middlearth! Its been confirmed that we will see Nurn, and the sea of Nurn, as well as the actual humans of Nurn! But what other unseen places do you hope for, and we can likely see?
Im praying that we see Khand! Could be a possibility due to its close proximity to Mordor.

Thoughts?

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

IdrilLalaith
Rivendell

Aug 10 2014, 2:34am

Post #2 of 4 (280 views)
Shortcut
Didn't know Nurn was confirmed [In reply to] Can't Post

I figured we would go there because I remember hearing that there would be "unspoiled" areas of Mordor. I have a feeling that there won't be many of those, though.

Minas Morgul is a good chance, I think. Maybe even Shelob's lair?

TolkienBlog.com

boldog
Rohan

Aug 10 2014, 3:16am

Post #3 of 4 (289 views)
Shortcut
in one of the newest gameplay reviews [In reply to] Can't Post

it takes place in nurn, around the shores of the sea of nurn. Also some elder lady, called Lady Mormin or something is from nurn

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Arannir
Valinor

Aug 10 2014, 8:08am

Post #4 of 4 (346 views)
Shortcut
I still... [In reply to] Can't Post

... am disappointed this doesn't seem to include Ithilien and other borderlands to Gondor and the North.

Couldn't care less for the different regions of Mordor when there are so many interesting areas never really brought to live in such a title.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.