The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Childhood crush
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 11 2014, 6:34am

Post #51 of 65 (202 views)
Shortcut
Penny from Lost in Space and Batgirl from the Batman tv show. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was probably 7 or so when they were being rerun in the late 70s. With Penny, it was more romantic. With Batgirl, i just had the hots for her.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 11 2014, 6:36am

Post #52 of 65 (203 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, i had a thing for Kim Basinger too when i was older.// [In reply to] Can't Post

MistyMountain
Lorien

Aug 13 2014, 1:03am

Post #53 of 65 (189 views)
Shortcut
a posthumous crush [In reply to] Can't Post

oddly, as a young girl, I developed a mad crush on Errol Flynn. Just mentioning his name calls to mind the female stuntie (in LOTR extras) who was told the sword fight instructor had trained Errol Flynn! And her only thought was "Who's Errol Flynn?" Well, those of you who DON'T know who he is, Google him. I went so far as to make a scrapbook and buy good quality 8x10 B&W photos and read his autobiography (really a very bad boy!). It appears they have made a movie starring Kevin Kline as an aging Flynn (good casting but I don't think he got the voice right). It comes out in a few months, I think.
Of course I had other crushes that seem to be common ones among the ladies here: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Aug 13 2014, 1:20am

Post #54 of 65 (181 views)
Shortcut
Completely understandable! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really liked his films as a young girl - my mom would let me watch them when they came on TV. Robin Hood and Captain Blood were my favorites.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 13 2014, 1:55am

Post #55 of 65 (175 views)
Shortcut
I can empathize! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I was probably 7 or so when they were being rerun in the late 70s. With Penny, it was more romantic. With Batgirl, i just had the hots for her.

I was born in 1960, so I remember both those shows in their original runs. Same with Barbera Eden in I Dream of Jeanie.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Sunflower
Valinor

Aug 13 2014, 2:28am

Post #56 of 65 (173 views)
Shortcut
Nah [In reply to] Can't Post

Han in the first film couldn't hold a candle to a tank-topped Luke on Dagobah, who knew where to hang his lightsaber! Look what he had dangling from his belt! Evil(Dangit, wish I could link to a pic...anyone got a link to that famous "Empire" still of him carrying Yoda on his back?)
I'd seen Mark Hamill in the first film of course, but what 3 yrs does to a little girl's brain...teehee.

MistyMountain
Lorien

Aug 13 2014, 3:13am

Post #57 of 65 (170 views)
Shortcut
After the car accident [In reply to] Can't Post

Mark Hamill no longer held any appeal for me. He looked so different! For me, it was hard to believe it was the same person.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 13 2014, 3:33am

Post #58 of 65 (169 views)
Shortcut
I watched I Dream of Jeannie [In reply to] Can't Post

reruns as a kid and enjoyed it, but i didn't have a thing for her. But watching it recently, i was like, "man, she's really something!" Not only beautiful, but funny and charming. And that outfit...

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Aug 13 2014, 5:00am

Post #59 of 65 (165 views)
Shortcut
Well this is who I fell in love with. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I still am! I tell you it was the braid I fell for first.Wink

shadow0421
Bree

Aug 15 2014, 12:41pm

Post #60 of 65 (144 views)
Shortcut
She was a hottie! [In reply to] Can't Post

I named my daughter after her. Well, her last name.

shadow0421
Bree

Aug 15 2014, 12:46pm

Post #61 of 65 (151 views)
Shortcut
Lisa Welchel [In reply to] Can't Post

I first had a crush on her when she was on The New Mickey Mouse Club. Then I watched The Facts of Life just to watch her. I finally got to meet her in person and have a pic taken with her! Also I had a huge crush on Catherine Bach from Dukes of Hazzard.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2014, 3:22pm

Post #62 of 65 (137 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah... Daisy Duke... [In reply to] Can't Post

Best use of cut-offs in a tv show until Arrested Development!

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Aug 17 2014, 10:10pm

Post #63 of 65 (135 views)
Shortcut
I was a weird kid... [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't really crush on anyone until I was about 13, at least not that I can remember. But I vaguely remember crushing on Han Solo for a little while.
The first major one that comes to mind is Elijah Wood as Frodo and that was when I was a bout 13/14. :)

"The Ring is Mine!" ~ Frodo Baggins

It is our fight!~ Tauriel

I fear neither death nor pain! ~Eowyn

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Aug 17 2014, 10:12pm

Post #64 of 65 (132 views)
Shortcut
Well who honestly doesn't adore Anakin Skywalker? [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I like his looks better in ROTS! He's so fierce and deadly looking in that movie! Blush

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Aug 17 2014, 10:36pm

Post #65 of 65 (130 views)
Shortcut
Jeff Goldblum [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw the '70's version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers recently and I was floored by how attractive Goldblum was!!Blush
I had loved him as Ian Malcolm in the Jurassic Park movies and that's one reason I was drawn to see Body Snatchers but I underestimated how hot he could be when he was younger!!

Other crushes include, but are not limited to, Orlando Bloom, Tom Hiddleston, Skandar Keynes ( Edmund Pevensie), Harry Styles and Zayn Malick (no I'm not a Directioner but when you have a sister that is and your constantly having the faces of that boy band thrown in your face you begin to notice....Blush Oddly enough they're the only singers/band members I've ever been really attracted to!) Blush

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.