Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New pic

Rochallor

Aug 1 2014, 2:40pm

Post #1 of 7 (1411 views)
Shortcut
     New pic  

And here we go with that staff question again...

https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarthBrasil/photos/a.503748836389734.1073741828.503715203059764/636781046419845/?type=1

adt100
Rohan

Aug 1 2014, 3:04pm

Post #2 of 7 (704 views)
Shortcut
     Thin that was posted in the empire pics thread.. [In reply to]  

With regard the staff, it's seems most likely going by other photos that on occasions when we've seen Gandalf with his original staff, these have been pics taken from earlier on in filming when it was still only 2 films and when he probably wasn't planned to 'lose' his staff as he did. At some point after being rescued from Dol Guldur he'll no doubt acquire Radagast's staff.

Flame of Udun
Rivendell

Aug 1 2014, 3:04pm

Post #3 of 7 (790 views)
Shortcut
     Clickable [In reply to]  

https://www.facebook.com/...781046419845/?type=1

"Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth."

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 3:43pm

Post #4 of 7 (676 views)
Shortcut
     LOL I was right re the "rabble" - where's Otaku-sempai? [In reply to]  

Wink Master Otaku-sempai, it would seem this image confirms my sad petty suspicions,
in that whilst thou nobly hath explained canon to my ignorant self -

alas, it would seem there actually IS - to quote myself - a "greedy, slavering,
pitch-fork toting rabble" that can't even let the "noble, lonely, long-suffering
King Under the Mountain" have five minutes of peace before showing up at Erebor
with burlap sacks demanding their cut. All that's missing here are the flaming torches.

And even worse, Gandalf is amongst them - for shame.EvilWink LOL

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Aug 1 2014, 3:46pm

Post #5 of 7 (672 views)
Shortcut
     Excuse me whilst I fall off my chair in complete hysterics. [In reply to]  

Picturing Gandalf as part of such a mob sounds so funny! Laugh You are a GENIUS!

..The Lord of Silver Fountains
.....The King of Carven Stone
..The King Under the Mountain
.......Shall come into his own

..And the bells will ring in gladness
......At the Mountain King's return
..But all shall fail in sadness
....And the lake will shine and burn

Avandel
Half-elven

Aug 1 2014, 3:57pm

Post #6 of 7 (594 views)
Shortcut
     Alas, it would seem Gandalf is fed up with his itchy robe [In reply to]  

It was the chiggers he picked up in Dol Guldur that finally sent Gandalf to the Dark Side.

From a recent blog "Don't forget it's SIR Ian, and over ten years I've been in scratchy linen,
and now I've got parasites. Even the Hobbit has a better wardrobe, and he gets a
MITHRIL shirt besides." WinkAngelic

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 1 2014, 6:16pm

Post #7 of 7 (479 views)
Shortcut
     ---> Please carry on the discussion in the Empire pics thread below [In reply to]  

This pic was already posted about halfway down that thread. Thanks! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.