Rickster
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 5:45am

Post #1 of 5 (724 views)
Shortcut
The eyes of the Elf Can't Post

Curious I am about the Lady Elf in the beginning of the Trailer
When there is a fight behind her, she looks at us with a sigh but no words
As if she is no part of that war... an amazing scene too.. that makes you wonder
What just happened.. Who arrived

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

Jul 30 2014, 4:17pm

Post #2 of 5 (356 views)
Shortcut
the eyes of the other elf [In reply to] Can't Post

And is it just me or does it look like Legolas' eyes are watery in the scene where he is standing with Bard? Not sure what could make an elf cry unless it is loss of someone close to him........

"The Road goes ever on..."

Writing Bliss

BlackFox
Half-elven

Jul 30 2014, 4:22pm

Post #3 of 5 (331 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that caught my attention too [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm...

“Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” - Henry David Thoreau

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Jul 30 2014, 6:54pm

Post #4 of 5 (286 views)
Shortcut
Wont having Legolas cry [In reply to] Can't Post

Effect the scene in the fellowship when Gandalf dies,here hes devastated but emotionless.Weren't they trying to emphasise that Elves don't understand death seeing as hes immortal,essentially?

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Jul 30 2014, 6:56pm)

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 30 2014, 7:40pm

Post #5 of 5 (268 views)
Shortcut
Seems a bit like it... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I wonder whether they will show Legolas and Tauriel's reaction to so much death and - especially - suffering (from which Thranduil shields his kingdom). Must be weird for them (though they already lost people at the river gate and certainly sometimes during their fights in Mirkwood).

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.