The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
**Fellowship of the Ring 60th Anniversary 6-SUBJECT LINE CHALLENGE**

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 29 2014, 1:46pm

Post #1 of 3 (393 views)
Shortcut
**Fellowship of the Ring 60th Anniversary 6-SUBJECT LINE CHALLENGE** Can't Post

Here are 6 subject lines gleaned from this most wonderful Discussion Board. All are The Fellowship of the Ring themes.
The challenge is to use at least 6 of them or all in a creative way -- jokes, mini-short story, drabble, limerick, whatever you feel inspired to do, but be sure to keep it FotR themed :)
  1. Ok! Which one of you want's to toss that there Dwarf? //
  2. Boromir: Are you thinking what I'm thinking.....
  3. I like swords as much as the next guy...
  4. Practicing for my staring contest with that *blasted* Lidless Eye. //
  5. The Road goes ever on and on, and I must follow if I can.//
  6. SAM, DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE!"//
  7. Hobbits really are the most amazing creatures.
  8. Dwarves and mortal men
  9. 'Fly you fools.'
  10. Mr. Frodo, I'd rather be in Rivendell
  11. It's the official Mûmakil week!
  12. "if Gandalf's worried, everyone's worried"

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - May 15, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 2:59pm

Post #2 of 3 (298 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know what this is...TongueWink
I do know it has broken all gramma's rules (forgive please) and is very silly.
But, I have used the first word of all twelve "subject lines" in order and in a single sentence. And this is NOT the first time I've made a fool of myself, nor the last (probably).

Ok; then Boromir and I started practicing for the stage play wherein Sam and the other Hobbits, and the Dwarves too, got to fly through the air on Mr. Gwaihir the Eagle; and my line was, “It’s more fun if we don’t have to use these cables.”

Cuio i Pheriain anann! Aglar'ni Pheriannath!

weaver
Half-elven

Jul 29 2014, 7:21pm

Post #3 of 3 (347 views)
Shortcut
The Fellowship Takes a Road Trip... [In reply to] Can't Post

One summer, the Fellowship decided to take a road trip together to relive their great adventure.

They all climbed in Gandalf's Winebago, and soon the fun began...at least as much fun as you can have with dwarves and mortal men and elves and a wizard and hobbits all crammed into one vehicle together.

This is but a taste of the terror that was unleashed...

"Ok, which one of you wants to toss that there Dwarf?" (Legolas, who was sitting next to Gimli for far too long)
"I'm practicing for my staring contest with that blasted lidless eye" (Pippin, playing car games to amuse himself)
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" (Boromir, upon seeing a sign for McDonald's at the next exit)
"Hobbits really are amazing creatures." (Gimli, observing how much food the hobbits consumed at McDonalds)
"Mr Frodo, I'd rather be in Rivendell (Sam, on the scenic route to Moria leg of the journey)
"If Gandalf's worried, everyone's worried." (Aragorn, after Gandalf says he has no memory of the scenic route to Moria...)
"SAM, DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE!" (Frodo, after Pippin complained that Sam kept kicking him)
"The Road goes ever on and on, and I must follow if I can." (Whoever was behind the wheel at the time)
"I like swords as much as the next guy, but it's the official Mumakil week!" (Merry, making his case for why they should go to Tom Bombadil's Petting Zoo instead of the Rivendell Armory)
"Fly you fools." (Gandalf, after they returned home, and everyone else suggested making the road trip an annual tradition)

Weaver

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.