Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The absence of the crows. People how do you think things play out to warn Dain?

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2014, 12:22pm

Post #1 of 11 (551 views)
Shortcut
The absence of the crows. People how do you think things play out to warn Dain? Can't Post

Watching the fantastic trailer, I wonder what role plays that sled on wich it seems there are Dwalin, Balin and Fili...

We have two shots, one they seem going out from Erebor, and being comfronted by wargs

In the other they are going to Dale

This makes me thing two things

One regarding how Dain will be warned, perhaps those on the charriot go to the iron hills, chat with Dain, but there is no arkenstone, so Dain will refuse and they will come back to Erebor.

After that Dain will do an Theoden and will show up unexpected in the battle.

The other thing is about the siege of the mountain. It seems that at some point Dale will be sieged by perhaps Gundaband orcs or some sort of alliance of orc packs, and the main gate of Erebor too, perhaps Dale will fight its own battle in wich Bard becomes the true lider. Remember that scene when Thranduil arrives and there is already dead people on the streets. And after having break the siege and take control of the valley they will go to the main gate of Erebor and parlament with Thorin, who already is completely mad in knowing that Dain wont go in his help and its al about dwarven pride.

And at the end it will play as in the book, the huge army of Dol Guldur will arrive, and Dain will arrive and we have the battle itself

Jus Thoughts...

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Survivor to The Battle for The Fifth Trailer

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 29 2014, 12:51pm

Post #2 of 11 (319 views)
Shortcut
Well..... [In reply to] Can't Post

We don't know for sure the ravens are absent. They would be CGI and may not have been added yet.

We've certainly had plenty of references to ravens, from the end of AUJ when Oin thinks he sees a raven and Gandalf tells him it's a thrush, though to the heraldic ravens on the tapestry, dwarf armour and dwarf art. So they have taken note of the importance of ravens to the dwarves.

Now, given that they left out Beorn's animals (and the Talking Purse), I'd say that it's entirely likely that Roac will be left out as well, and all these references to ravens are their way of acknowledging the part ravens play in the book. In that case they'll have to find find some other way to summon Dain, and it could indeed be the chariot - it must be going somewhere. But I'm still holding out hope for the ravens. I don't expect we'll see them, but it would be nice.

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 12:54pm

Post #3 of 11 (294 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

The chariot might also be on the way to Ravenhill... which will feature in the movie one way or the other.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

KeenObserver
Lorien

Jul 29 2014, 1:10pm

Post #4 of 11 (285 views)
Shortcut
Question [In reply to] Can't Post

Where would members of the company get that chariot and the rams to draw it?

Would Dáin not be the one to supply them with such things?

”The thirst for adventure is the vent which Destiny offers; a war, a crusade, a gold mine, a new country, speak to the imagination and offer…” - Jose Bergamin

Arannir
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 1:13pm

Post #5 of 11 (271 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it is weird. [In reply to] Can't Post

Timeline-wise.

"I am afraid it is only too likely to be true what you say about the critics and the public. I am dreading the publication for it will be impossible not to mind what is said. I have exposed my heart to be shot at." J.R.R. Tolkien

We all have our hearts and minds one way or another invested in these books and movies. So we all mind and should show the necessary respect.

Noria
Gondor

Jul 29 2014, 1:15pm

Post #6 of 11 (256 views)
Shortcut
Maybe they are coming back from the Iron Hills, not going.// [In reply to] Can't Post

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 29 2014, 1:18pm

Post #7 of 11 (255 views)
Shortcut
Good question [In reply to] Can't Post

The chariot might be tucked away somewhere in Erebor but the rams can only have come from outside

Elarie
Grey Havens

Jul 29 2014, 1:33pm

Post #8 of 11 (258 views)
Shortcut
Did anyone else think it was funny that Oin mistook a thrush for a raven? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's a bit like mistaking a bicycle for a truck. Maybe Oin needs glasses as well as an ear trumpet? Smile

And once again the world has not arranged itself just for me.

Kendalf
Rohan

Jul 29 2014, 1:35pm

Post #9 of 11 (256 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
We don't know for sure the ravens are absent. They would be CGI and may not have been added yet...I'm still holding out hope for the ravens. I don't expect we'll see them, but it would be nice.

Yes, I think it's way too soon to presume their absence. Fingers crossed, eh?

"I have walked there sometimes, beyond the forest and up into the night. I have seen the world fall away and the white light of forever fill the air."

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2014, 2:07pm

Post #10 of 11 (230 views)
Shortcut
Regarding Time-line I remember an image of Thorin taking down Azog (green costume guy) [In reply to] Can't Post

There he is not wearing the heavy armour, I´m beginig to think that maybe he will kill Azog, and then Bolg will do his final job(as in the book)

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Survivor to The Battle for The Fifth Trailer

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 29 2014, 9:53pm

Post #11 of 11 (138 views)
Shortcut
I'm fine with leaving out the crows. [In reply to] Can't Post

They are rude, unpleasant and they swear too much. I much prefer the ravens!

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.